[RP-Idea] Terran Republic vs. New Conglomerate

Discussion in 'Role-playing' started by Polilla, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Polilla

Polilla Ensign

I had an idea for setting up an RP and I want to share it with you; maybe you'll like it. Please don't be afraid because of my bad english, I'm from germany.

I took a bit out of the Planetside 2 Universe because I think it's more compatible than each other. So.. let's start! For the feels, I'll put it in a little story at the beginning. A former co-gamemaster in my Text RP said: "RolePlayers love through the eyes, not with their hearts." :)

Terran Republic start:
    "I can't even remember when we entered this ship." He grumbles. But you know; 372 days, 13 hours and 32 minutes. When the clock shows the correct time. "Don't be so lethargic. It's a great honor that they chose us to hunt this heretical basterds down." you say. It's not only your duty, no, every step, every battle for the TR is a big honor for you and your comrades. Your parents will be proud of you, if you come back one day. "We should fight for Auraxis and crush these New Conglomerate Basterds, <Name>." You lift your eyebrow. "Erm, I don't know if you didn't listen the last 372, 13 hours and-" Your comrade grumbles again and puts his food back to the Plasticbox. Everyday. 3 meals. 3 times Pig, because the chickens died half a year ago in the big fire. "For the republic's sake, get on with it."
    "You know, we hunt this filthy NC basterds. But we don't get them. Now, we'll hunt them until we find them, that's the command." You can't even a imagine to ignore a command or do something else. No. That's not how you are.
    Suddenly, the alarm lights begin to flash. Everything is covered in a red light. Your eyes search the commander. But he isn't here.
    "INFILTRATOR!" Shouts a guardsmen from the upper cantina deck.
    You take your weapon, your helmet and your bag. Heretics must die.

But than.. a big "BOOM!". You look to your comrades, nobody knows what to do. You run to the floors, out of the cantina. Before you can do anything, there's another explosion. Your commander runs right into you. "Go, <name>! To the escape capsules!" You and your commander run like your never ran. The pistol in your hand is empty, you decide to put a magazine in - Strength through firepower, said your Major when you started in the life of a TR-shipman.

You can see, that the blast lit a fire that's crawling through the floor.
    You set your foot into the escape capsule. "Commander!" You shout. Nothing more than your 02-Helmet, your armor, your weapon and some stuff.
    "It's okay, <name>. You were always a good soldier. Death or Glory!" He closes the hermetic door of the capsule and looks through the window. A last salut, than you can see how the flamestrike burn him alive. A moment later you feel how the capsules flies down. To a planet. With only a few schematics and your stuff. Akua.

New Conglomerate start:
    "Fuggin' ****!" Your colleague hits his hammer on a motor. "It doesn' work, man! I told ya, it won't do it." Fuck this ****. You signed for shooting some assholes, not for repairing motors. But now.. you flee. No money for shooting this fuckers, no looting of this shitheads. For.. one year or something. Away from Auraxis, to the next planets. Akua or something. You didn't listened. "Lemme try't, you cunt." You laugh, the cigarette in your mouth. You're a mercenary for a big company on Auraxis. Before the war. Now, you're a 'Soldier of the New Conglomerate'. Ergh, the name is like vomiting. Soldier. NC.

You loose a screw. And.. it falls. Down. Through the little cut in the bottom. Down.. more down. Your colleague smiles like an idiot. "C'mon!" You say and lift your arms. "I couldn-" You can't speak, he laughs like a crazy idiot. "Haahaa, ya so fuck'd dude. Dat's a beer I guess. For me!" You grumble. "Yeah, fine. But don' tell anyone, yah?" He nods. You continue to repair the motor, but than a loud explosion happens in the room next to you. You're pressed against the wall at the other side of the machine room and try to breath. Blinking, your eyes turn to your colleague. "Fuck, what'cha doin'?" He raises his arm and waves. "Come with me, <name>." Another explosion happens and you
    see that some stuff is flying out of the ship. The ship is damaged.. fuck. But than you see the planet through the window. The planet called Akua. "<name>, now move ya fat ass! The ship's breakin'!" You run back to the motor, taking your helmet, your toolbox and your pistol. He runs. And you run. Faster than you knew you could run. You see how a bunch of people try to get to the capsules. Before you can do anything, your colleague takes his weapon and shoots. The people are shouting and crying, flee. "Now, go!" You two are standing in front of the capsules. Only one is left. "Sorry, dude. But I've a fami-" when he looks away to a floor because a noise, you take your chance and slip into the capsule. You hear him shouting. Loud. He curses you. And than you see how the ship's breaking. Your colleague puts his hands to his lungs. He can't breathe. You don't want to watch him die. With a big boom, you and the capsule fly down to Akua.

Okay, that's it. :) I hope you enjoyed the stories.
    But how something like this? And what's the difference of the two factions? Let me explain.

Terran Republic
    Color: Red/Black
    Political System: Democratical Dictatorship
    Description: The Army of the TR is a fanatical, order-like group which is based on a codex of honor and duty.

New Conglomerate
    Color: Blue/Yellow
    Political System: Confederate Capitalism, Corporatism
    Description: The most Soldiers of the NC are mercenaries or criminals who want to flee the influence of the fanatical and controlling Terran Republic.

Why this?
    The TR vs. NC conflict in our universe is a great idea, because we can start with two kinds of factions with two problems: While the TR-Group is in a whole new situation without a commander and has to find a new one who says, what should be done, the NC-Group doesn't have a commander and a bunch of mercenaries and criminals will begin to fight for their own good.

You see, no faction here is perfect. That's not good vs. bad. It is "Humans against humans.". And.. Aliens. But enough of this.

How do you want to start it?
    How I wrote. I'll search a group and I hope, that someone says he wants to join. Than, we choose our factions. I think 10 people or 20 on a server should be okay. 5 or 10 for each faction.
    Than, the story starts how it ends; You crush down on Akua with your comrades or colleagues and you have to fight for your life and against your daily problems. And maybe you spread your wings one day to enter the solar system again..

Are there restrictions?
    Err.. no. NC uses only blue/yellow for their ships and buildings and TR red/black. That's the only thing.

What is wrong with you, dude?
    E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. *giggles*

Let the trial begin!

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany.)