(RvB) The First Battle of Akua (Red vs Blue PvP)

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Slam Jones, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

War! What is it good for?

Mostly for testing new fighter designs.

Anyway, here's a clip of one of the very first battles in the Red vs Blue server. Red attempted to defend their claim on Akua, but due to a combination of poor timing and glitches on the Red side, Blue was able to completely crush the Red fleet and take ownership of the planet.

We are currently having weekly battles, but expect it to evolve into constant warfare, once we have enough members to make such a thing feasible and organic.

Regardless, here it is: The First Battle of Akua.
    I am playing as the leader of Red team, and as the video begins, I had fallen out of ship due to a glitch, and was attempting to use an allies SV to get back to mine. This effectively meant that for the majority of the battle, the active Reds were outnumbered 2 to 1.

Clear Victory for the Blue team, who took control of the Akuan planetside.

2. Crackadamus

Crackadamus Lieutenant

Looks like it was fun for blue, haha. The random dino sauntering by at 2:00 for whatever reason really got a laugh out of me as well.

Nice vid.

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

That looks like fun!

The great thing about SVs is that unlike airplanes you can fly sideways or backwards. And if you fly backwards, anyone chasing you flies themselves right into your crosshairs. So unlike dogfights in planes, the pursuer is the one at the disadvantage.

I'd be interested to see how HVs loaded with turrets would do in a battle like that.

4. Furian

Furian Captain

saw the vid yesterday, looks fun. might look for a server to join to get into some real battles from time to time :)