Same World Everytime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaen85, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Kaen85

Kaen85 Ensign

When I create a new world, the game generates the same world everytime even if i change the seed it doesn't matter its still the same world. Is it a feature or a bug?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The starting worlds are set to a fix seed to prevent issues with the story.
    They will always be the same

3. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

Whether or not it's a feature or a bug depends on who you ask. There are those who prefer the original method of generating random worlds rather than the kiddie theme park currently created.

If you prefer random generated worlds, I strongly recommend the Project Eden scenario.

4. DarkMaid

DarkMaid Commander

I was perplexed by the same world every time thing, too. I really like the new moon start arrangement but losing the randomness is a major loss of re-playability. If the same world everytime is necessary for maintaining the story stability then there should be an option to toggle off story mode and toggle on randomness in its place. I'm only going to be doing the story a few times ever whereas starting a new game of Empyreon many, many more times that number -- but not if it means "discovering" the same terrain, with the same POI's in the exact same places, etc.

When I checked out Project Eden per the previous post the author of Project Eden posted on its workshop page that it's being discontinued and recommended Reforged Eden:

ravien_ff [author] 20 Feb @ 3:50pm
    Yes, I recommend playing Reforged Eden.
    Project Eden is being discontinued.

Regardless, I shouldn't have to resort to 3rd party scenarios after "graduating" from the moon start in order to get some re-playability. I like to keep my games as vanilla as possible: no config file changes, etc. It irks me that I actually have to consider diving into this Reforged stuff when up until now (and for years) vanilla has been fine.

Is it going to be the policy of the developers to leave the game as basically an enhanced tutorial and leave more advanced (and random) play to 3rd party developers? Or is some randomness and higher difficulty starting moons still in the works?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  5. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Ashon gives a higher difficulty already and got added with v1.8 to it.
    Looking for more options is for sure in the works

6. DarkMaid

DarkMaid Commander

Ashon II Orbit was awesome and more survival-type scenarios like it would certainly be welcome (I also briefly tried the Nemesis scenario which looks like what the Ashon II Orbit start was adapted from). That said, Ashon still has a fairly narrow range of viable strategies compared to the usual escape-pod-crash-landing with a totally open world and myriad of options on how to progress.

Nice to know that more start options are contemplated, though.

Taelyn likes this.