SERIOUS DISCUSSION: Motorcycle

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Jacoviz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Vote for keeping the bike, use it all the time, I don't find it that hard to ride, just has a few tricks to how to handle it.:)

2. russak

russak Lieutenant

Another vote for keeping the bike's functionality. As an interim step between sprinting and getting an HV out of the garage it has its place. Don't care what it looks like, or, for that matter, sounds like. Changing it to be a sort of grav-bike would be in keeping with the other tech in the psuedo-reality. I don't think it's any harder to drive than any of the other vehicles.

3. Paul_Shakur

Paul_Shakur Ensign

I would keep bike, but changed wheels to some small hoover engines aka. hoover bike with 1m hoover and just like basic engines cannot travel above water.

4. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

With the Damaged Hoverbike so early in the game now, the motorbike is pretty much pointless

Even if you get smoked on the other side of the planet from your base, it's pretty easy to go from survival tool to portable constructor to basic hoverbike that's 4 engines, a seat, small fuel tank and gen...

5. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

How easy, you ask? This easy. 50m/s, turns so fast I almost got dizzy:

20200621154217_1.jpg

6. russak

russak Lieutenant

And when I get home, I can fold it up and put it back in my inventory? Thought not. I'd have to salvage it and chuck all the mats back into the Factory for the next time.
    And it takes the time to find what? 40-odd? of the right minerals if you haven't got one ready to spawn and don't keep your Factory full of stuff. If I have to wait for it to build, I can be *home* in 3 minutes, most of the time I'm using my bike.

Doesn't fill a motorcycle-shaped hole in my equipment choices, and personally, I prefer the idea of a "motor/hoverbike that folds up small" to the Factory. I wince every time I consider the Factory, and I'm hoping it won't continue to exist in its current form once the game is mature.

7. johnietoth1967

johnietoth1967 Commander

That's why after you disassemble it, you start it to mark again and after it says it is ready to spawn, you have it for whenever you need it with no time to wait

stanley bourdon likes this.
  8. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

I don't see an issue in getting rid of it, but I reckon it should be hard coded to appear in ultra rare alien containers for specific players who...enjoy the motorbike :)

Jacoviz, dichebach and Germanicus like this.
  9. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Given how far the motorcycle goes when you jump off it at full speed - can we just have it replaced by a motorcycle bomb (small nuke?) for terrorising Zirax with?

Ie - floor it, jump off, few seconds later... boom leaving large hole in wall of Zirax base along with many dazed and confused Zirax :)

At least then we would have an small equivalent to the suicide squad (breaching) ships we used to make in SE :)

stanley bourdon and dichebach like this.
  10. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

It probably won't, and that's fine, because that basic bike I whipped up can be crafted in the survival constructor and hand-assembled in the same amount of time. Only drawback is that would cost extra iron for the stupid waste blocks ringing the core in the starter

Personally, I could care less about the motorbike, I hardly ever use it at all even before the Damaged Hoverbike was introduced, but the devs should probably leave it in for those that do use it

11. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

One of the pros of the bike is that it is never attacked.

dichebach likes this.
  12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

If you're not on it, yeah. Set the HV to public and you get the same

13. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Commander

If someone doesn't like the motorcycle, they shouldn't use it. If you start in multiplayer on a planet and 20 players have farmed 90 percent of the planet empty you will love it. I don't think the players who got the start HV will do HV sharing with the other players.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    dichebach likes this.
  14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

When the player is on the bike, it is the player targeted, not the bike.

dichebach likes this.
  15. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Given both are small, the distinction is probably moot ;)

16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Seriously now?

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I think he meant when not mounted... but yeah, the point is moot when you are. Same as in a public HV..

18. Orclover

Orclover Lieutenant

Ok got to try it a bit more in the new game version....

The bike has definitely gotten harder to control on this play through. Maybe its the difference in world shape or amount of rocks or maybe it got nerfed HARD. But we found it easier to just pick it up and walk unless the area was devoid of ALL rocks and trees AND completely flat. It got stuck on everything and turned like a bus, not a motorcycle. I cant tell if the designer has never been on a dirtbike/scooter or if it is a massive limitation due to the engine, but yea its almost useless this play through.

Its such a step back from last time that it is actually kind of depressing. Might as well pump out a cheap HV and skip it entirely.

Upgrade it to a more maneuverable hoverbike or at least give it some control and ability to go over basic rocks. Otherwise you are just keeping it sucky to force people to move on to the HV, in which case you might as well remove it form the game.

19. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

To my understanding the plan is to remove the bike entirely from your initial survival lineup, hence you getting that 'hoverbike' HV in the beginning. I do not see a future for wheeled vehicles in this game, given the *many* issues that came up with the introduction of the motorcycle. I wouldn't mind tracked/walking vehicles, provided they do things in a way the HV hasn't/couldn't. However I'll be happy when the forever bugged emergency player catapult is removed.

20. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

You do know there is a thing called a trash can that you could drop it in. ;):D "Quickly runs for cover:eek:"

dichebach, runlykhel and Captain like this.