"Shadows of Starlight" scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by amurayiwestgate, Jul 9, 2017.

1. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Recently played through SoS on A10.4, several things seems fixed. Some of the POIs/Vessels have become factions, so actually worked out better. Do not need to loot everything ;D
    Some CVs still have HP50 blocks.
    The final mission still have a faulty sensor, but can now manually set this step to done.

SacredGlade likes this.
  2. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Tried SoS on 10.5, could not see much difference. Can manually set steps to done if issues. Have to do it for the sensor on final mission.

If someone have issues resolving this scenario, tell where do not understand how to proceed.

3. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

Am working through this in 12.2. So far the only real issue i have encountered is that i somehow got into the Refinery, Found the Console you need to, and Cored the place without "Discovering the Refinery"

Although the Ship i ended up taking over to get to Veldis had a Generator Blow as soon as i started it and is neither Airtight nor safe to walk in, especially with Thrusters On.

It should serve to get to the next part of the "Mission". Which means i do not consider it a real issue as those are nuisance factors that could be avoided by taking more time building the CV and doing something like dismantling both the Refinery and the other ship to get materials for a "Better CV" either made by hand or through the Factory.

4. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Unfortunately, the scenario hasn't been updated in some time- I don't think it's updated for A11, much less 12. The creator hasn't been on the forums for over 2 years

5. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

I thought the Scenario was made or at least supported by Eleon Staff since it is packaged with the game instead of being a Workship Download.

6. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

No, it was pretty much the first fully fleshed-out workshop scenario, and got included in the game. Hasn't really been maintained since so it has issues. Hoping someone will update it eventually, though

7. JupiterVessel Corp

JupiterVessel Corp Commander

Is this scenario updated to the galaxy map

8. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I'm not sure it;s updated to A11, much less 12...

JupiterVessel Corp likes this.
  9. james revak

james revak Ensign

Willing to do let's play I have ran the scenario 2x, unfortunately, 2nd time around never finished.

10. james revak

james revak Ensign

11. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Probably not updated with all the new stuff, like Galaxy settings. I probably wait try play it until game is properly released.

12. Mondsucht

Mondsucht Ensign

Hey everyone!

First of all: extremely nice scenario. Hardly thrown into deep water. I love it
    and I had a very nice time playing it! :D

One issue. if one decide to play the scenario with CPU enabled, the Waiting Smugglership
    will be completely unpowered (the teleporter included) since there are no CPU extenders
    and insufficient generators present.

And one thing regarding the end:

As far as I understood the Zirax building their ships, stations and structures in outer space
    for decades which implies their structures are heavily guarded and armored. They do not
    need to transport things into space from any surface. Everything can be found around in
    space around. And even if they needed to, there are tons of heavy ships around transporting
    everything you need for a tank .. in space.

The weapon thing presented at the end is the complete opposite.

- the structure is extremely fragile with all the pipes and glass and stuff
    - it is completely unshielded .. in view distance to a meteor belt .. yeah .. never
    - the outer ring makes no sense even if it was able to turn: it is simply used for nothing (it
    is empty, there is no other purpose than being a giant glass target) and even if it was, there
    are gravity generators for that!
    - there is no defense against rockets - one hit and everyone inside is dead, one meteor
    and everyone inside is dead. One of the idiots inside firing at the glass window trying
    to hit me being outside and everyone inside is dead within a second ;)

Using a orbital space station from the imaginations of the 70s of the last millennium
    may be part of a pirate story. But this thing can never scare anyone the way it
    currently is. Maybe if it was in a large graveyard of ships that already tried to attack
    it and failed .. who knows :D

Keep up the great work & best regards,

Mondsucht

13. JupiterVessel Corp

JupiterVessel Corp Commander

this was made in like 2015 no sheilds existed people built alot different the game mechincs were nothing the same

dichebach likes this.
  14. rtracy

rtracy Ensign

I just played through this to the end. Had a few issues.

I had to go into God Mode to complete the very last step as the door was indestructible and there was no way to get into the room to blow the weapon. While in GM I looked around to see if I was just missing something, but no. There was no way in except by GM.

Minor issues were passable by just advancing the PDA. Usually it was because it never detected when I arrived at a location so the scenario would not advance.

One step was a missing Zirax that I was supposed to find. The wolfgange(I think) transport scenario.

Another issue, but it was mostly caused by me. I went to the moon first and destroyed a little too much. The two POIs for the moon were pretty much gone. The game got stuck trying to teleport to the moon. I had to kill the game and come back in, I ended up on the moon. So I just made a motorbike and traveled to them pretending to complete the POIs. Wasn't sure how to get off the moon when done though. I ended up spawning a SV to get back to the planet where my ship was parked. Doing Admin Cores would probably resolve this.

This would be a fun scenario with a quick update. Probably one of my favorites. Could also use some polish with newer features. Titanium was very hard to come by.

15. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I wonder if theres a demand for this scenario still?

I got some OG planets and blueprints from 2017 when I integrated Shadows of Starlight into my server.

With EPD and some HWS tools, it shouldn't be too hard to polish it up for 1.9.10