Share your A-symmetrical vessel designs!

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Fractalite, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Ravis

Ravis Captain

When the Polaris finally came into the game as a faction my first reaction was "Huh, those guys are kinda civilized, attacking them would be kinda rude. Kinda like a pirate or something... I should get a pirate ship.
    As such, my pirate ship :D. (its also semi asymmetrical - ish)

The Abyssal Aria

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1618475892

aa4.jpg aa2.jpg aa3.jpg aa5.jpg aa7.jpg aa9.jpg

Na_Palm, dpburke2 and ravien_ff like this.
  2. MidareToushirou

MidareToushirou Lieutenant

Here is a simple Asymmetrical HV that EGS team has my permission to utilize for the game. Credit to hone.
    This version has medium thrusters on the sides but of course I originally built it with small, Feel free to replace and remove some of the faculties (fridge/constructor/etc) to lower the unlock level.
    fgb.jpg

I've attached an additional version with a harvester unit (and box).
    The harvester fit perfectly on the right hand side and is fun to use! I use it to get my Zirax rep to neutral so there are no drone attacks when making bases. Ahh, so nice. Peace and tranquility!

fgb2.jpg

Attached Files:

• FGB.zip
      File size:
      52.1 KB
      Views:
    • fgb2.zip
      File size:
      43 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. aztekann

aztekann Ensign

I never liked HVs and always just skipped them. But back in A7 (A6?) when you could still make an SV even before placing a base, I ended up a few times making a single-thruster SV simply due to lack of raw materials -- or patience... Literally I had one small thruster, one RCS, generator, tank, cabin and storage box, and I was controlling that SV like balancing a stick on its end. Little lean forward, gain speed forward, lean back to brake, etc.
    That was soooooo freaking FUN !

4. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Yes, I took one to the moon before to get cobalt. I made it tall sort of like a rocket, and just built it pointing up, got in and launched it straight up. On the moon, you try to find a slope and then do a 180 degree flip right before you hit the slope, and then lay the rocket on the slope so that the nose points up the slope.

The only problem I had with this is that it was too hard to actually scout for deposits with this rocket, so I just "crashed" it and then wandered around on foot to find my cobalt. It did work but was tedious enough that I just waited for more thrusters next time.

I do have a "reduced thruster" SV in the workshop if you want to try it, it is fun to fly:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1511815175

5. kr-g

kr-g Ensign

6. Sort

Sort Ensign

Scythe, small intercept fighter. Intended to explore the concept of knife flying style, to present a more narrow target to opponents when strafing sideways. Im not perfectly happy with its handeling and looks probably because of too many container extensions used and the use of a shield. But overall fun to fly and perfectly fine for countering a base defence. Possibly the shield wont really charge fast enuff to matter much and if used from a base the craft would be somewhat expendable as built.
    But its also part of learning about shields in game for me, so ill probably be flying around the globe looking for a fight in it

big ammo boxes are good for spare fuel and loot aswell.
    NewGame_1_2019-05-21_14-20-31.png NewGame_1_2019-05-21_14-20-50.png NewGame_1_2019-05-21_14-24-25.png

Attached Files:

ravien_ff, ion_storm and dpburke2 like this.
  7. Ravis

Ravis Captain

ECubed and ravien_ff like this.