Share your A-symmetrical vessel designs!

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Fractalite, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hehe it's quite creative :p Can't say I dislike it, really. Tis a bit silly, but nothing wrong with that :p

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'm finally getting somewhere...

3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

THIS! This is why this thread is so important.

I know what you were thinking leading up to posting here(partially because you were vocal, partially because it is challenging to post any design,) that some how the design would be dumb, or ugly, or that people would reject and laugh at it.

Now kinda fun.

But your design is WONDERFUL. When I first saw it on the steam workshop, it was genuinely hard to wrap my brain around; what direction is up, what are all tho... oh! They are landing gear, the weapons are all facing different directions! The blocks and protrusions are random, and slope in different ways. Whaaaa?

The BEST part came when I thought about the thruster configuration. Tyrax you bold and daring genius you. THAT IS AWESOME! Inspiring! I, like everyone else here, has some of the status quo, the known paradigm, the "the thrusters are supposed to be in the rear because that is all I have ever seen in my life," and lets not forget; "but engines all have to be in different places!" But why, why must that be?

Once I kind of let my mind flex that muscle, and kept thinking about the ship - kind of perusing the images, there was this little blip, that lone fringe thought, that stray spark; that part of the brain that comes from the wonderful combination of compartmentalization and insight(which, if you listen to our wonderful meritorious society, should be entirely separate or mutually exclusive, but they are not) and I considered something new:

What if I were to build an entire cube, with that thruster configuration on the inside. There could be vented openings on the side of the cube where the thrusters are facing and cool textures and deco surrounding it. You could then build the rest of the ship around that. EH?! Think of the defensive possibilities! Would that not be incredibly sexy?! I think so, and it came from this ship. Whats more, as I have been typing this, I have swirled around a few further considerations.

I would humbly ask, supposing you have finished it, but could we get some shots of the interior as well? I am going to subscribe, but everyone may not be able to or their subscription list might be "full up."

You sir, are an artist! And this design also saw my brain do a flip. When I saw the first image in the series I assumed the front of the ship is/was the downward facing part with respect to the image, because NATURALLY, the pointy part has to be the front. Right? NOPE. That is the REAR!

I love the thruster config, how the forward facing thrusters are off to the right with respect to the front of the ship. The door to get in the cabin is in the %*#&ING middle of the ship! How cool is that?! You could land this over a deposit and be safe from predators!(at least, for the most part)

Keep going! I am eager to see this beauty finished.

Edit: I gotta be honest, regardless of the predator thing, I just love the door placement. Very cool.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Little note:
    The thrusters are everywhere. Literally any block where I can squeeze a thruster in, there's a thruster. Hardened steel is heavy, and it's taking every available space to keep it nimble enough to fly worth a damn. Sadly, I've already packed 11 RCS units into it so far and it still feels sluggish.

Also, I discovered while working on this that a player can fit through a space one SV-sized block wide. Awfully cramped though.

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  5. Admiral Adama

Admiral Adama Lieutenant

Love this. Simple yet intricate. Very very cool.
    If I may offer one personal critique, I would suggest placing another gun in the opening next to the four dark grey 'wall' blocks at the very front of the ship. The empty space is just begging for a gun to make it look just that much more awesome. But that's just my opinion ;)

Definitely let us know when it's up on the Workshop, you have at least one guaranteed subscriber :D

-Admiral Adama

6. Jjiago

Jjiago Ensign

I am astounded at the potential! Astounded, I say!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That looks awesomely alien & Sci Fi! :D

It was nervous work for awhile, then was just kinda weird... then was pretty darn fun. :)

I pondered Thrusters in the Rear IF the one Xtra Large Thruster in each direction turned out to not be enough while I built all the way to the near the end while I occasionally started keeping an eye on my Ship Weight & Thrust Power starting about half way through or so, but nearing the end I finally got convinced that the Initial Thrusters would be adequate for the entire Design. (Wish I had been able to know this would happen at the beginning of my Creation when I Integrated FOUR T3 Large Generators into the Design unmoddably that ended up turning out to be Mega Overkill... XD Oh well, it'll make Barney's Power hard to cut out I guess. :p) Being able to do what I wanted with the Ship's Butt & not needing to think about how to stick Thrusters there was a nice change of pace. I may even try it again at not needing Thrusters placed on future Creations's butt! :)

One of my fav parts of this kinda game is to be able to enjoy & be inspired by other people's Creations while my own can be enjoyed & inspiring to others. ^_^

Yep, this is the finished Creation, including even setting up the Groupings for the Devices, except for one, the damn Offline Protection, which is acting bugged, where I have one Installed on the CV & yet the CV still says it has no Offline Protection & the Device's existence is not acknowledged by the Control Panel. I tried replacing it wondering if the first one I placed somehow Bugged, but no go. I tried placing other dummy ones in other places & those never got their existence acknowledged either. All attempts at diagnosis & fix failed... & eventually I decided to say 'Screw it, not like it works well even when it is Online anyway. No Security Measure beats Parking in PvE Space anyway.', & threw that problem to the side & finished the last of getting Barney prepped for his Debut.

Also in regards to 'Full Subscriptions', I didn't know that was even possible, that there even WAS a Limit to how much ya can Subscribe to... interesting...

With that said, Screenieing the Insides might not be an easy thing to do, so instead when I get a chance & if i'm not allowed to forget to, perhaps I can make a Video Tour of the Inside, as I Designed & Painted him as a Tyrax Creation, not a GMT Creation, so there's nothing about Barney that's any Classified at all. :)

Yeah, there's times when I wonder if SVs could use a T2 RCS as well...

also how the buggers are ya fitting into 1 SV Block Wide gaps? I was always under the impression that the Player Ragdoll was 3 SV Blocks tall & wide... definitely at least tall... :confused:

8. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Tall yes, wide no. Otherwise there's no way you could squeeze into the cabin door.
    And with that being said, she's done. Ladies and gents, meet the KSV-33 Seraphim.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777588046

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

As I said in the small vessel thread; there are not enough likes in all of known, or perceivable existence, to do that ship justice.

Best small vessel on the workshop, bar none. What a cool &%$#ing design. I just could not get over the door placement and the feel of the cockpit - very cozy, but then when I actually sat in the pilots seat, and the view was far better than expected... god that is sweat.

The curved wings, the matching coloring that is eye catching but not too aggressive, no wasted space. You even remembered a fridge!

You even created a bad$%& video to go with it! Kieve! That is kinda blowing me away. Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

@ Tyrax....They definitely need to add T2 RCS for SVs and revisit thruster power output/consumption while they're at it. I had to use a ridiculous amount of both to get that Millennium Falcon SV moving. I think they could probably add another tier of thrusters and maybe some efficiency unlocks in the tech tree or something.

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

That is a beautiful Ship, with beautiful Vid Work to go with it. :)

It's funny that your Ship's Workshop Description recommends against this Ship being used in PvP, yet this dude could probably hand Barney his ass. :p

Here here.

For the Topic: Well dang. Incoming Major Update, so I dunno if it's even save to attempt any more Ship Building before it hits cause this Update looks like enough powerful changes to warrant Wipes, including of Worlds. Might be a bit before I can attempt my next Asymmetrical Build... though on the bright side, I will have much time to try to figure out WHAT I wanna try next...

Kieve likes this.
  12. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Even with all those turrets? Then again, I keep hearing how useless CV turrets are against SVs, so possibly - but I wouldn't chance it.
    More to the point, I just don't want to hear the PvP crowd whining because it wasn't designed as an armor-box with a million railguns.
    [​IMG]

As to the update, I'm right there with you. Weight balancing in particular makes me worry, since it took so many thrusters wedged into everywhere to get the Seraphim flying. Guess we'll see how that all shakes out.

13. Tyrax Lightning

Yep, in PvP SVs can dodge CV Turrets other then the Minigun Turret forever & trick Minigun Turrets into hitting the Hardened Steel then be able to flat out ignore them, thus literally NEVER get hit by actual damage while shooting the CV 10 billion times & eventually win, so CVs are currently useless in PvP Combat.

For the Topic: Once the next Update hits I GOTTA play with these new Hover Engines + Mechanics, so i'm now pondering a Asymmetrical HV. :D

Fractalite likes this.
  14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You should DEFINITELY create an a-symmetrical HV. Towards that end, you should consider this thread that Lift just started: http://empyriononline.com/threads/hv-design-discussion.7641/

15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I cannot wait to see that in creative! Going to go investigate it now.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Oh no!

SIEGE QUICK! GET IT INTO SPACE!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-53-08.png

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Doh! Going to fix it now.

Edit: Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Outside of that, holy sweet mother of mercy you, @Siege Inc. are a mad, mad designer genius. WOW!

Where to even begin?

The maze is hilarious, it even has benches!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-55-46.png

Before you see the maze and the benches, you see the video game references, and I must say, the detail! So very well done!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-56-05.png

These were my personal favorites:

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-56-28.png

But then as you get closer to the castle, you see the other details, and these really tug at the eye. It is hard to look away!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-56-19.png

It is funny, the towers reminded me less of a Bowser castle, and more of the Oblivion towers from The Elder Scrolls Oblivion:

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-56-41.png

Then when you get to the interior, the artistry continues! The rooms are spacey, yet elegant. And the textures match every feel perfectly!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-59-18.png

Look at this window! In a castle!

Creative_15_2016-10-11_22-59-21.png

All in all, you are about to blow the roof off of the work shop!

20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It is often all the little details that really set a design apart, I love this little gouge:

Creative_15_2016-10-11_23-16-50.png