Share your A-symmetrical vessel designs!

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Fractalite, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Krenios

Krenios Commander

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Yep.

Tyrax Lightning and LiftPizzas like this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Been trying to make a Asym SV... so far it's been too ugly to show >.<

This is harder than I thought! Major props to everyone who has made an Asym already!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Jaspis

Jaspis Lieutenant

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Fractalite and Siege Inc. like this.
  5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

6. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Thank you, everyone, who has continued to support this thread. I have been away from these forums for a bit because, as a result of the strangest series of parts failures I have yet encountered, I lost both my laptop and desktop in a single morning(not 5 mins apart from one another!)

The replacement laptop comes in two days, and I will triumphantly return to these forums when it does, and I am eager to see the new additions to the 4.0 experimental as well as all the super bad%&$ a-sym designs that have been cooked up!

Do not give up slam, my friend! Your HV's are some of the best designs I have yet to see on the steam workshop, but my bet is that you worked up to them - practice really helps. A-sym is incredibly challenging, and I am eager to see what you come up with.

You're design is gorgeous! Sadly I cannot look at it right now, but I am eager to do so!

Your vessel is most welcome here Krenios. From your designs in the artifacts thread, I always look forward to your work, and I am excited that you contributed to this humble effort.

Thank you for the link Jasper, I am intensely eager to see it when I get a computer to do so!

7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Sadly gonna be awhile yet before I get to my next Asymm... i'm waiting till 4.0.0 Stable first cause no point building something that'll just obsolete in 2 seconds when I can instead help with the Experimental Branch Testing & help contribute to enabling HVs to shine like they've never done before Hover Mechanics-wise... while also hoping I can ever adapt to the Weapons Changes & that SVs won't be forced to become nothing but Flying Slugs. I can handle slow just fine but I don't wanna be a slug that can't turn or rotate towards my Opponent to shoot them worth a damn either. Live like a Giant, die like a Giant. (Edit: Trying to get away with Slug Handling sure didn't end pretty for my Violent Taxi...)

After 4.0.0 goes Stable, with the new Hover Mechanics, a Asymm HV is gonna be a hell of a challenge... so I might dare to try to make one of those next! I bit off more then I could chew trying making Asymm Barney & somehow that worked, so why should I try a sane sensible strategy for my 2nd Asymm, right? :p

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Kieve and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Found this little prize in the workshop today:
    Sicario
    [​IMG]

9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Nice, kinda looks like a stubby B-Wing!

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Stable's out! I've begun work on a new GMT HV, then will need at least one full GMT SV, then I can begin work on a Asymm HV! :) (Arceus help me. :p)

11. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Been a while since this thread got any love. Here's something I stumbled on today in the workshop.
    [​IMG]
    SV-09 by Barakoza

12. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

And...to sum all of that up; In Empyrion pigs can fly! BIG PIGS... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=789649885

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Ha!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That first picture in the series on steam, the darkened one, is terrifying! It creeps up on you until.... DEATH PIG!

Also, all the little piggies on its back, is hilarious.

Unfortunately for this thread.... it is not a-symmetrical. :(

You are awesome Kieve. Thank you for the thought/continued support.

14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

@Slam Jones , you should really make a Slamtek super heavy hover craft A-symmetrical. I cannot pay you, but can I petition for you for one? Make it really terrifying, like using the colors Black and lit textures or something.

@Kieve you have yet to make a hovercraft.... care to throw your hat into the ring?

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  15. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Hello all you amazing people who have contributed to this thread! It has now moved to the "building and blueprints" area of the forums. Just wanted to give you heads up if you went looking for it in the general discussions thread.

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I've been considering it for a while, just trying to come up with a purdy-lookin' exterior. I've been doing sketches but nothing has really popped out at me yet. Soon, though... soon :)

17. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

The 4.0 changes killed any interest I had in making HVs. If they ever get some decent thrust and nimbleness back, there are some designs I wouldn't mind trying, but right now they're just too sluggish to even bother with.

18. DeadDigger

DeadDigger Lieutenant

actually i got an degree in medical informatiks which includes a lot of physiks so yeah and my age is 23 and my tested IQ is 152.

So lets start with the idea of enlightened vs fanatic. I think enlighted is a bad choice of words for it but my dicct told me to use this so whatever. As an enlighted person i see first the real life evidence and then i put up my theorie about it. A fanatic perso on the other hand puts up a theorie and gets real life evidence for it.

so lets start are there real life evidences for asymetrical spacecrafts? some asymetrical designs wuhuu
    answer: plenty as example the pioneer 10
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_10#/media/File:Pioneer_10_systems_diagram.svg
    or the ISS hats asymetrical and a spacecraft too
    or hubble telescope
    or ...
    so the evidence shows there are asymetrical working spacecrafts

BUT hey SVs are not only spacecrafts so how is it with airplanes:
    http://scribol.com/technology/aviation/the-nazi-bv-141-the-most-asymmetrical-aircraft-ever-made/
    or
    https://www.sparkfun.com/news/700
    ( alittle bit of scrolling is needed)
    so obviuosly there are asymetrical aircrafts too(the bv141 even has an asymetrivcal weightshift) which lets us conclude asymetricy is not a gamebreaker for SV

so how aout HV? so lets look for asymetrical cars/tanks wont we?
    how about the lee tank?
    http://www.warandpeacegames.com.au/Bolt_Action_M3_Lee_Medium_Tank_p/wgb-ai-126.htm
    ok thats maybe cheated...but in because we have hover engines here we could make a tripod with R/L asymetry

so to conclude: Asymetrical CV are totally possible because they should mostly be used in space therefor they could be as asymmetrical as the ISS which they actually even need to be becauseof thermodynamics. SVs could too even when we understand them as more mighty planes therefore yeah asymmetry no gamebreaker.
    The only thing i could not get real life references for are HV's, which is mostly because there are no real life examples for it, therefor we can not conclude alot for it.

Ok so now i have a question for you when you are in a geostational orbit over a planet in which direction do you "fly" and do you accelerate or decellerate when yu want to land on a planet, every physiks interested person should be able to answer that.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  19. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Please don't revive this argument. It's been dead for several pages, and we'd all much rather focus on unique asymmetric BPs, not Cocktoto's trolling.

20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Indeed, the troll has been slain. Don't revive him, please :)

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.