Share your blueprints with Empyrion

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Xenolord

*Xenolord Ensign

"Where once stood a disheveled husk of a defense emplacement now stands a Tower... Reborn!" -Chief Architect Jeandelaine.
    ----
    Nostalgia. The XeroX Corporation understands that this fickle, yet necessary drawing to the Was and Once Has Beens of the universe. You may not have asked, but by golly we listened! The XeroX Corporation, in cooperation thanks to an unparalleled treaty with the Zirax Empire, would like to unveil our newest Defense Towers! Now in a four pack! We did our best to stay true to the original Zirax architecture, yet deliver a brand new, state-of-the-art challenge to both new galactic survivalists, and veterans alike!

Some of you may remember the old Zirax 'Loot Spires' that once dotted the landscape of Omnicron; some of you may not. Regardless, after the galaxy-wide recall of such shoddy defense emplacements, the Zirax have moved to larger, more heavily defended emplacements to defend their stuff from the grubby paws of all our galactic survivalists (no offense, of course.) Well, we at XeroX cannot allow this to pass! We have deciphered the plans to the original towers (a feat in among itself, let me tell you) and have applied good, old fashioned Human Ingenuity to the designs!

Some of the new improvements include:
    -Varying Core locations! Each tower has a core located in a different spot then the last! Each tower is like new again!
    -Better Defended Cores! What's that? Steel just not cutting it? How about wrapping your oh-so-precious core in Hardened Steel! That'll show 'em!
    -An Elevator Puzzle! While we at XeroX pride ourselves in our ships, not our puzzles, we have to say this one's a doozy! Have fun with that forth one, ya'll!
    -Turrets! Who doesn't love more turrets? And not just more turrets either! Better placed turrets! Some are even stealthy!
    -Boxes! Really, we at XeroX love boxes, and it turns out we have that in common with the Zirax! Zir'fan - The Almighty Emperor of the Zirax Empire - even praised our box placement prowess!
    -New armor! Same Look! Miss the old, ramshackle panel look of the old towers, but don't want to deal with all that pathetic 'hull cube' nonsense? Don't worry, we've got your back! All structures are brought up to date with current Experimental Branch (we don't know what this means, but Legal said we had to put it) builds and available modules!

Get your brand new, state of the art Zirax Defense Emplacements today! Unless you're not Zirax, then stay away, because our Chief Weapons Tech Akki Assentia may have gone a little crazy with the guns! And they'll shoot'cha!

Thank you, once more, for supporting XeroX for all your ship and defense emplacement needs!
    ----
    (Real Talk Time)
    I basically got bored one night and decided to re-make all the original Alien Towers to more modern structures. I tried to keep the look pretty much the same (think I did a good job there) and just clean things up and make them a little more... dangerous. I'm super proud of V4 myself. I may redo the old, old, OLD Drone Base (the one that was basically V2 Tower with a building on it) in the near future, if I'm bored again. It happens a lot. I may very well do it... Anywho, here are all the fun pictures to go with. You should recognize them if'n yer an old player like me.

Towers Reborn.jpg Towers-Reborn-V1 (2).jpg Towers-Reborn-V2 (2).jpg Towers-Reborn-V3 (2).jpg Towers-Reborn-V4 (2).jpg

Attached Files:

The "Other" Gunslinger and TK85 like this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Lots of nice designs here... Very nice. I spent some time noodling around in creative but mostly for testing and comparing bare systems for performance and fuel efficiency. I have a tiny "mining" vehicle with no weapons, which is mostly a bunch of engines and essential devices packed together to be as compact as possible, to which I attach the mining drill; I put a mini SV (1 minigun only) in the middle of the mining site and drill around it to the bottom. I drill mostly "head down" to benefit from the wider angle of the turret "upwards" but inverted. I will switch positions a few times if necessary. When all ore has been extracted, I recycle all components of the mining rig to the factory and ready a blueprint for the next expedition, and I get out of the hole in the tiny SV. I have a CV built in the same spirit, compact and fuel efficient yet very mobile, but I don't use it for fights, it is mostly a flying garden made of boxes with a flat top to support my small fighter (quite ugly). It has a long "pole" in front with a light (I wish there were "spots" for CVs) and this pole serves to attach the mining drill too. The weapons are mostly useless since this CV has almost no armor in front, but I can dash in and out of range and expect the artillery turret will fire somewhere useful, since it's the only weapon that can make some respectable damage to enemy structures without having to get too close. The smalll fighter is like my other vessels, a pile of devices and weapons, and almost no "useless" blocks except for the custom cockpit. Since the engines by themselves have something like 600 hit points and there are 2 of them in each direction, they are the best armor I can hope for, and the weapons in front serve the same purpose and deliver the punch needed to take out POI turrets in the shortest time possible. I play Alpha 5.1 something, exclusively survival. I also have a smalll "barebone base" consisting of a 5-blocks high tower with a rocket turret, an ammo box, generator and fuel tank, to guard my back while I drill. I pack everything up when I leave the site. I must admit that my favorite weapon is the multi-tool ! ;)

clod-SV-1_2017-05-13_07-17-01.png clod-SV-1_2017-05-13_07-28-32.png clod-SV-1_2017-05-13_07-19-57.png clod-SV-1_2017-05-13_07-21-41.png

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. TK85

TK85 Captain

Thank you for this remembrance!

4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Zirax Fortress POI. Some tricks. Some treats. 18 kiltons of mean.
    Updated: Made one slight change. Damaged a block so it's possible to escape from one of the traps.

SPOILERS!
    So what follows is a spoilery guide to this POI.

The alien admin core means you're not going to be busting in through a random wall or the floor and the layout should prevent the use of mini-assault vehicles. You're going to have to take this one on foot....after you dispose of the exterior defenses of course. What can I say...they don't like visitors.

There are three entrances: the bottom floor, through the second floor balconies, and a third secret entrance. Of the two doors on the bottom floor one leads to a dead end. Trapped of course but there's loot to be had. Through the other door more Zirax lie in wait...well, not exactly waiting. You see that motion sensor you tripped on the way in alerted them to your presence. Use the lever to unlock the elevators doors to the next floor.

If you prefer you could go through the balcony doors directly to the second floor but you'll have to find some way to unlock the exterior doors first. Hint: use the levers on the roof areas above. Using them is not without risk. They activate hidden spawn panels. Once you hit the second floor you'll find it heavily defended with a variety of sentries....and turrets! But strangely empty.....or is it. Again, you need to use levers to unlock the doors to the next level but they're tied to multiple, hidden spawners.

The next floor is fairly straight forward. Beat down the defenders and shoot out the glass walls protecting the loot and a lever to unlock the door. The floor in the elevator is trapped. It's a trap door leading to a long fall and some explosive blocks at the bottom. If you were wondering why the LCD sign posted there says "Into the garbage chute flyboy" that's why. Shoot out a block and a console at the bottom to get out. When you get back to this point you can jump up to the elevator shaft to proceed upwards.

This takes you to the top of the control tower. More bad guys, more loot. Observant players will note a damaged spot on the floor and shoot their way through to a hidden room. Heavily defended. Sentries and laser turrets will hold players off giving the spawner time to spit out a bunch of bad guys but this is where the whole thing pays off: multiple loot containers behind destructible glass walls.

Congrats! You've beaten the Zirax....for now. They'll be back!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    ravien_ff, rucky, TK85 and 3 others like this.
  6. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Commander

This is a custom POI I created to teleport you from Akua to a custom planet I created "Kiarus" - could easily be Omicron, but should be a desert planet that isn't a starter. :)

This is based upon the Movie "Stargate" - you enter from the Portal in a very small room off the main hall, where all is quiet.. and well - it goes down hill quickly from there.

Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

rainyday likes this.
  7. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Nexus 7 Spaceport
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  8. reborn

reborn Ensign

This is a class 10 battleship with everything that you need to overcome any planet that you may encounter. with hangers for hv and sv with multiple docking areas.

it has food labs all ready for growing, clone and medic chambers as well as o2

if you like please fav and share and any ? please dont hesitate to ask......

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941583123

here is another of my cv's ukp1

[​IMG]

again fully fitted with farms, med bay, hangars and much more

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917469856

another one of my smaller cv's but big enough to carry my attack sv's or any ship that can dock

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917425609

here is my ukp attack ship to go with any of my cv's fast and easy to fly but heavily defended

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917482433

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  9. Pyston

Pyston Captain

That is pretty cool. Must have taken forever! Makes the ships look tiny. How wide is it? It looks like close to max size.

banksman45 likes this.
  10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

It's 187 x 185 so not quite max. Yeah I screwed up and shorted one axis by two blocks. I didn't notice until much later and by then I figured I'd just work around it. That's why some of the windows don't quite line up.

11. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Still, impressive to say the least. That is one thing I do miss about landmark, the ability to cut, rotate, mirror and paste entire sections. Those tools help to easily build or rectify mistakes.

Siege Inc. and oojimaflip like this.
  12. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

Attached Files:

13. Mysh

Mysh Captain

14. ei8htx

ei8htx Lieutenant

I'd like to submit my CV design for consideration in stock blueprints, to replace (or supplement) the current Tier 1 CV.

It made the front page of the workshop for about a week, and has proven popular. It takes less resources than the current Tier 1 CV, and has all the new Alpha 6 features; oxygenated rooms, repair shop, spotlight, armor locker, and a couple basic proximity signaling schemes to open ramps and doors when near the entryway, and turn off the lights and some devices when no one's on board.

She isn't too flashy, but at the same time showcases 6.0's features.

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=942145802

Here's a few pictures, lots more in the workshop link above.

Acari.jpg

AcariEntry1.jpg

AcariInterior3.jpg

AcariBridge1.jpg

Attached Files:

Lonesome Joe and Kassonnade like this.
  15. reborn

reborn Ensign

Attached Files:

16. Trig

Trig Captain

Sharing my little utility SV here, on the off chance Eleon would want it in game. It became pretty popular on the workshop.

It was primarily designed as a platform to mine asteroids using player drone while staying in the comfort of a pressurized ship, but could have plenty of other uses. Balanced thrust, easy on fuel, pretty simple to pilot, with 2 mobile constructors, fridge, armor locker, oxygen station, cargo box and ammo box. Uses small shutters as switches for big shutters, ramps, spotlights, and interior lights. No guns but 3 spots marked for adding them on. Thruster exhaust only hits open shutter windows, or nothing.
    [​IMG]

workshop link (more pics and details): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948557503

Attached Files:

ion_storm and rainyday like this.
  17. Trig

Trig Captain

I've got a potential replacement for the Tier 3 HV here. Level 7 unlock. Includes 2 passenger seats, armor locker, mobile constructor, cargo boxes, fridges, oxygen station and ammo boxes. Two gatling guns and a minigun turret, turret spot large enough for artillery turret. Little more expensive in iron but does not need sathium or plastic, compared to current T3 HV. Easily upgraded to have 4 drills on the front.
    workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=958784523

Edit: made a version with fully exposed thrusters as well, if that's a concern. Looks a bit worse (in my opinion) though. workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959825535

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  18. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Captain

I would like to share 3 of my creations.

A small ship for 2 persons:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952108632
    Rama108 SV.jpg

Mobile base for exploration:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=956651347
    Trivikrama.jpg

The third is a partially exploded weapon research lab CV what could be reached trough teleport from a base for example, if somebody know how to make it work. Best to spawn far away from a planet orbit, since it is unarmed outside. Can be easy pray for a fighter pilot to destroy the still operational defenses inside if found:
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

(On the 13.09.2017 I have decided to update the Exploded Vessel blueprint. I removed the spawners, and added different turrets)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Robot Shark and rainyday like this.
  19. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Here's a variant of the BA-EpsilonComCenter. (aka The Akua Com Center) I think it is possible to just throw this into the mix with the other members of the EpsilonTierI group. If so, the extra variety might help keep the game fresh for veterans. Externally, it should be identical to the current Com Center. Internally, its 98% identical, except for the Core's room, which is very different.

Attached Files:

rainyday likes this.
  20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

A modular colony outpost and the pieces to make your own. Updated to include a second version of the outpost.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    macklberry, rainyday, Trig and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.