Share your Planets

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Kaeser, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Puddle your work is a masterpiece once again.

stimdealer0001 likes this.
  2. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1745.JPG IMG_1749.JPG IMG_1750.JPG A preview of a portion of my most recent work, coming to a server near you...

Attached Files:

3. Romdryl

Romdryl Ensign

Is it possible to get the files to add these cool planets? I don't see any attached files on this post.

spacefarmer likes this.
  4. TK85

TK85 Captain

OMG!

we need new systems in alpha 8. Wonderful planets those who have made! They are to be congratulated!

spacefarmer likes this.
  5. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Definitely! I'm planning to have completely custom worlds for every planet...as soon as we find out WHAT 8's features will be.

TK85 likes this.
  6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Indeed I was hoping for round planets with no barriers in the next patch but according to the patch, Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.5.9 - Green wall bugs fixed, if they're fixing a 2 year old bug it's probably because the barriers are not going anywhere anytime soon

On the other hand it probably means we'll have new star systems and more planets to play with.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    TK85 and eLLe like this.
  7. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

@Vexray has been absent for quite some time now, in either case the planets have changed a lot since then, you probably better taking the ones from @piddlefoot scenario, they're all up to date

TK85 and Captain Jack II like this.
  8. Wuulfebear

Wuulfebear Ensign

not seeing any files attached with those playfields for the past 1-2 pages...

9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

if i know and was smart enought to make a planet i would, i tried for 5 hours today using SSG and notepad++ in the end nothing changed couldent get it to work, and kept reverting back to vanilla starter planet, and then i have a anxiety attack i was so stressed out, never touching this thing again, its to hard and i cant read notepad++

10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

can i request a planet from someone its a easy one i have the files already but i just cant do it

11. TK85

TK85 Captain

I've been messing with SSG quite a bit, I've created some interesting planets using only this tool.

The whole problem is in making the temperature system work right. All of them get too cold, despite the creation settings.

I think the issue is in the setting of the "Planet Settings" part, but however much I adjust, the problem persists.

12. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

You might try adjusting within the playfield.yaml after you generate it with SSG. Any changes you make afterward won't affect the terrain I believe. I could be wrong though.

Specifically are you complaining that it gets too cold at night, or just in general?

13. The Tactician[ Λ ]

so i dont know how to create a scenario like rickys battle test and was wondering if anyone could help me please?

14. TK85

TK85 Captain

It gets cold in general.

Places where the temperature should be around 25/30 degrees are in 10/15 degrees ....

It's some adjustment in the configurations of the planet that I still can not hit ....

15. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Hey there mate,

Creating a scenario is not much different than modifying a planet or a sector with your own POIs, and bases and planets and saving that as a scenario.

Here's a few starting points...

https://empyriononline.com/threads/read-first-faq-for-customization-scenario.11204/

You can also get some guidelines here in this forum regarding building POIs and Vessels for the game, these are old but at the lack of newer one will have to do.

http://empyriononline.com/threads/read-first-alpha-6-0-faq-for-builders.10822/

http://empyriononline.com/threads/read-first-alpha-6-0-gameplay-faq.10344/

Also, you can have a look at my, now already a prehistoric thread, but will give you some ideas how scenarios started long ago...

https://empyriononline.com/threads/share-your-map-scenario.8395/

If you want to add your own POI's here's how to do it:

http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Create_and_insert_customized_POIs

And if you having issues with SSG, try this one instead.

Empyrion Playfield Designer

But all that said, I would hold any builds until 8 goes public as many changes may still be pending that can turn your builds outdated....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  16. The Tactician[ Λ ]

ok tyvm

17. Celdorak

Celdorak Lieutenant

I am in the process of trying to convert my stuff to 8.0 now, but it's slow painstaking work. New parameters that need to be understood and textures are simply numbers now which means I have to get a feel for what which numbers look like before I can mix and match. Might be a while, but it should start accelerating once my baseline understanding catches up.

TK85 likes this.
  18. Celdorak

Celdorak Lieutenant

Ok, first up I redid Baldur for 8.0. Should still be close to Akua in terms of difficulty, except it is slightly colder so if you go more than a day or so without warming up you'll start to freeze.

I only did the planet so far. Pairing it with the default starter moon and space zone is recommended. I think it's pretty close to how it was when I first made it but rebalanced to the new resource distributions and POI. I may update this again later to include the whole system when it's completed.

Feedback is welcome. I wanted to put something out here to comment on while I work on the rest.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Kaeser, TK85 and Sparrowhawk65 like this.