Share your Planets

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Kaeser, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Maddyn13

Maddyn13 Ensign

JustMessingAround_2016-09-19_16-12-00.png JustMessingAround_2016-09-19_16-13-26.png JustMessingAround_2016-09-19_16-13-41.png JustMessingAround_2016-09-19_16-15-51.png
    JustMessingAround_2016-09-19_16-14-36.png

This is a custom Moon I am working on the I think is turning out pretty cool. I set the fog really thick and just high enough to fill all the craters. Then down in the craters is where the blue crystals are that you are after. I named the crater biome "CreepyFog" and inside there I'm spawning a lot of alien bugs that you have to deal with to get your crystals.

martian101, Lhetre, Krenios and 3 others like this.
  2. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

An hellish place that is, lol...

3. Wayson

Wayson Commander

I really like it, fantastic job and the fog is a nice touch and its a Moon, best moon I have seen yet IMO. Do you plan to share the file when you get it finished?

Kaeser likes this.
  4. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Indeed....

5. Maddyn13

Maddyn13 Ensign

Sure. As soon as I'm happy with it I'll share it. Right now I'm experimenting with it trying to figure Biome's out because the bugs aren't spawning like I thought they would. Also, i just visited Aitis for the first time and noticed how awfully similar my moon is, so I need to make it a bit more unique. I'll play with some different ground types maybe. If someone has a good howto explaining these friggin Biome settings, please share cause changing something and not getting the expected result is driving me insane.

6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

The moon is probably not the best to star with as is not as customizable as a planet....

7. Maddyn13

Maddyn13 Ensign

Well, I started with a planet, which isn't too bad. I only partially messed with the Biomes on that though and used that more to learn all the other settings in the files like sky, fog, POI spawning, etc. This moon I've tried to make totally different than all the other moons, so that's why I started messing more with Biome settings and they just haven't clicked with me yet.

8. Maddyn13

Maddyn13 Ensign

LetsMakePlanets_2016-09-20_21-06-12.png

So the creepy fog at least looks creepier now because, you know, red just make things creepy. Too bad you go down there and there is nothing there. :( Right now like 1 out of every 15 craters is actually part of the CreepyFog Biome. I would like to make that more like 10 out of 15, but I still don't get it.

martian101 and Wayson like this.
  9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Well I think the problem is that moons are not yet fully customizable, devs have not set them that way yet....

In a planet that is changed with the Biomes settings like sea level, lakes and plains altitude and slope but not sure if that is already supported for moons, the same issue for creatures on moons.

On the other hand you can put a planet orbiting another planet and just call it a moon, you'll have more options that way....

But it looks really cool though...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    martian101 and Lhetre like this.
  10. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

I know that maybe someome has already asked about this but why the planets are not in the Steam's Workshop? This would be a lot more easy to share new planets.

martian101, Lhetre and Kaeser like this.
  11. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Yes indeed, the issue is IMO planets are only useful for MP on servers because for SP devs will implement quests and a story so they want player to play in the official planets because if everyone creates their own quests may become broken.

Lhetre likes this.
  12. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Hi guys

My new planet Lut, named after the Lut desert here under...

Lut.jpg

Yep, love deserts.... and desserts chocolate specially.... :p
    The deserts anyway, sandy ones specially maybe because of Paris Dakar and here's why......

Lut 0.jpg

Lut 1.jpg

Lut 2.jpg

Lut 3.jpg

Lut 4.jpg

Lut 5.jpg

Lut 6.jpg

Hell yeaa!!.....

Attached Files:

martian101, Taun Hawk, Lhetre and 2 others like this.
  13. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Incredible... I think i´m going to start to use those planets. Those they have creatures and resources?

14. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Yes, but not much....

If you up for a challenge, backup your playfield yaml file under desert, in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields\Desert\

And replace it with this one here and start a new game in Omicron in hard mode..... :)

LOL....

15. lalan47

lalan47 Ensign

I rent a server and i try to créate a planet and in sp it works but in mp there is no change someone can help me

Thanks

16. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Hi lalan47 what are you doing, explain the steps you took...

17. lalan47

lalan47 Ensign

Hi and thx

I create a folder seranis with the playfield inside in the folder with all the playfield
    after i went to the sector file and open it and i copy/paste a sector and i chenge the location,name and playfield for seranis
    after i have shut down the server and restart the server and start empyrion

the server is not on my computer i rent ti

thanks

18. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Well if the files are ok, then I would say that you need to star a new game or replace the sector file and playfield file in the running game, is not required you stop the server just need to stop the game and do the change.

19. lalan47

lalan47 Ensign

Ok the desert planet work on single player and in survival,its only when i go in my multiplayer game on my nitrado server that the change dont appear and by the way your desert map is very nice

20. lalan47

lalan47 Ensign

Why they have no creatures and ressource?