Fixed Ships lose fuel after logging out in MP [00579]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Garaman, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 1.9 4012
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor/Major

Type: Fuel calc

Summary: When logging in to a server and turning on a ship like an SV, all fuel in the tanks can be immediately consumed.

Description:
    This issue appears to occur when a playfield unloads after everybody logs out. When logging back into the game and entering an SV you can observe that the ship has fuel in its tank, but the moment you turn the power on all fuel is immediately drained and the vehicle shuts off.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Log into the EXP MP server
    2. Spawn in an SV
    3. Add fuel to the tank, and turn the power off
    4. Log out of the server. I believe all players on the playfield need to log out so the playfield unloads (it does not occur if you log back in immediately).
    5. Wait for the playfield to unload
    6. Log back in. Approach the SV and look at the control panel. You should see fuel in the tank.
    7. Turn the SV on. The fuel will jump to 0 and the vehicle will shut off.
    I haven't tested if all the fuel is burned, or if it burns the fuel based on the elapsed offline time.

Screenshots:
    The video below is me approaching my SV immediately after logging in. I left it offline on a planet for about an hour, with 3% fuel left in the tank.

Germanicus and hashrider like this.
  2. hashrider

hashrider Ensign

I can confirm, same thing is happening to me and my friend playing dedicated server (same build, same mode).

One thing to add though, CVs are also affected (haven't checked HV yet).

Adding two screens from CV, before and after turning on the power.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

We know fuel levels can go a bit screwy when the player is away. I.e. a fully-fuelled base with tens of hours of fuel, is mysteriously empty when the player returns after an hour or so away. However, I'm seeing this with powered-down vessels now. Here's the exact scenario:

Vanilla Experimental Survival game on Skillon.

Built up my base here, including a basic, cargo-hauling HV.

Fill up my HV with fuel, and drive the short distance to the Obelisk.

Power down the HV and teleport to Masperon. Establish secondary base there, another HV and start gathering needed resources.

I'm usually away from Skillon for a couple of hours or so, but return frequently. However, every single time I return after two or more hours away, the powered-down HV I left parked near the Obelisk is out of fuel. I tap "y" to power it on and it comes on for a brief moment, then is out of fuel.

Why are powered-down vessels consuming fuel? Anyone else seeing this?

4. Baiganx

Baiganx Ensign

Can also confirm. Multiplayer, Reforged Eden scenario (Fully updated). SVs and CVs randomly lose power. Issue seems sporadic and random when it hits.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've been able to reliably recreate the situation as I'm based on two Planets currently - Skillon and Masperon - I'm away from my parked and powered-down HV on Skillon for a couple of hours at a time. Each time I've returned, it's been out of fuel. If I teleport to Masperon and back again quickly, the HV does not appear to have lost fuel. So, it doesn't seem to be an accelerated fuel-drain of a powered-down vessel, rather if I'm away for more than a certain amount of time it's totally drained.

stanley bourdon likes this.