Filed / Tracking Single result in control panel filter can not be chosen [00512]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by DiMithras, Nov 8, 2022.

1. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Build: v1.8.15 3887
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 979640

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: interface

Summary:
    When there is only one search result in the control panel filter, e.g. a single detector, it can not be chosen through the filtered menu.

Description:
    During my detector range tests I found out that control panel does not work well with a single search result in filter. If there is more than one item on the search result, it works pretty well, it also works if you choose an item without any filters. But if there is only one search result it gets messed.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Open control panel and filter by "detector" (it should be installed in one instance.
    2) Search result gives you one item that can not be chosen.
    3) Add another second detector to the vessel, now when there is more than one item in search results, items can be chosen and interacted with.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

↑ watch 4:20

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    Garaman likes this.
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

1. Is that vanilla or some scenario? If you edited even one value of the configuration files it is not considered vanilla anymore.

2. Why you do not say anything about the detector UPGRADE you show on the video? Did you make a wrong video about the bug?

3. Where is the 2ND DETECTOR?

PS I think the max allowed edited range of the detector is lower than the value you set it. Tip, when loading the save game bring up the console take a screenshot and post it here. There must be something there giving you a hint.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes if you filter for a device and there is only 1 search result then it's really hard to select that device.

DiMithras likes this.
  4. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Vanilla, freedom mode to test things.
    This is basically one video about the detector tests, where I compare one without upgrade and one with upgrade. Bug is shown on 4:20, it's not about detector, but filtering a single item and choosing it on the control panel. Let it be a single constructor, does not really matter.
    Not on the vid :D But again, that's not about detector but any single item that gets filtered. Steps to reproduce are given.
    I'm not sure what you want to see there, but here you go:
    [​IMG]
    Let's drive away from detector.
    Let it be an armor locker this time. When there is only one locker, it can not be selected while filtered and it is represented by a single yellow highlighted line. It can be accessed via double click though, but single click does not work. Not all items support double-clicking, that makes it a filtering issue.

5. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Easy repro case is to put down a CV starter, throw one thruster on it, then filter on "thruster". You won't be able to select the single item in the list.

Thanks for reporting this one. I've been doing partial searches for so long I got used to ignoring it.

ravien_ff and DiMithras like this.
  6. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

I also ended up in going through the list and groups avoiding the search. Groups management is a great helper. But once I forgot to save the template and my groups were washed away during the station services repair :confused:
    >100 items ungrouped, search was a bummer, this is where I happened to discover those single line results behavior.

7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

1. It seems I comprehended wrongly what this report is about. Confused by the video.
    2. This is an old bug. Alpha era.