Small Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

The Schwalbe has received an update, and I'm releasing the Schwalbe Mk 1B variant. The Mk 1B offers notable upgrades over the Mk 1A:

• Floor tiles that trigger the door are painted green, this will hopefully make it easier not to accidentally trigger the rear entry doors.
    • Removed the two forward cargo boxes and replaced them with refrigerators. Two refrigerators are likely insufficient to store both food for a crew and simultaneously store perishable plants from other planets which you might not call home (such as plants native only to Aestus and Ningues) which you want to bring back to base.
    • Changed the shape of the tail fins. I felt they were too big and vulnerable in combat at the cost of extra weight, and I felt they were too tall as well. Shaved off a few hundred kilograms off the ship's weight as a result.
    • Removed one of the normal thrusters for forward propulsion. Between the reduced weight from decreasing the fin size, the added energy consumption of two refrigerators, and the fact that the Mk 1A was more than capable of moving forward very quickly, I felt that the benefits versus the cons justified removing an engine. The removed thruster was replaced with two hull blocks.
    • Added two more RCS units near the core in the ship. Maneuverability noticeable increased as a result: rolling is tolerable and mouse-controlled turning is quite quick now.
    Overall, the changes from the Mk 1A to the Mk 1B made the Schwalbe a more agile, efficient craft with the improved ability to carry food and plant samples.

Empyrion 2015-12-02 23-37-05-87.jpg Empyrion 2015-12-02 23-37-57-53.jpg Empyrion 2015-12-03 00-29-40-71.jpg Empyrion 2015-12-03 00-40-03-94.jpg

Had some nice forays throughout the system with the Mk 1B already. The Schwalbe definitely has proven herself capable of absorbing hits. In a dogfight with space drones, for example, Schwalbe can afford to take a drone head-on and obliterate it while walking away with only minor, superficial external damage, leaving untouched layers of armor encasing the critical components. Don't try to fire rockets while strafing, though: that's a game thing, not a unique facet of the Schwalbe.

I will definitely be releasing a Schwalbe Mk 1C. She will at the least feature a different door system so that a player can access the O2 Station, cargo boxes and constructors without possibly triggering the exterior doors, plus other changes I might make based on feedback and experiences I find.

Attached Files:

2. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

The SlamTek Sabre Mk I

- Room for a pilot plus two passengers
    - Armed with 7x Pulse Lasers for offense and defense (or 9x if it copied correctly this time)
    - Superior agility, responsiveness, and acceleration in all situations and directions
    - Sheltered fridges for particular cargo
    - Slim and relatively compact frame for easy landing and storage

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Krenios and Pr0gr4mm3r like this.
  3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

The Dart is a light runabout and attack ship. (This is the ship I built in my second LP series.)

dart.jpg

Attached Files:

Oilman and Krenios like this.
  4. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Here guys, have a stealth fighter:

Meet the Raven Mk 1. Designed and built for efficiency and agility. Also, notice that there are no exterior engines. Let's.... just pretend for a moment that it has a gravity field generator like the SS Normandy from Mass Effect 3. (In reality, I just put a bunch of directional thrusters on the inside). Thanks to its use of directional thrusters, the Raven is also more fuel efficient than craft which use any other thrusters, having a flight time of several hours in Akua's atmosphere.

Thrust: 4 directional thrusters forward, 2 directional thrusters in any other direction
    Maneuverability Ratio: 0.42 RCS/Tonne
    Weight: 7.13 Tonnes
    Length: 22 Blocks
    Wingspan: 12 Blocks
    Crew: 1 Pilot
    Cargo: 70 Inventory Slots
    Armament: 4 x Pulse Laser, 2 x Rocket Launcher

Pics:

040_test_2015-12-04_18-37-48.png 040_test_2015-12-04_18-37-59.png 040_test_2015-12-04_18-38-06.png

Attached Files:

BOLSON, Vitriks and stimdealer0001 like this.
  5. trip

trip Ensign

6. trip

trip Ensign

hi...Your 1701 looks great, Could you put it up on the forum for us please?

7. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

8. BatDood

BatDood Ensign

I think he's talking about the Enterprise itself. Not the shuttle. I'd love to see a blueprint of that as well.
    It probably won't happen though as TomStone hasn't been active since September.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  9. Crazy Ray

Crazy Ray Ensign

hey does anyone know where to put the .epb file for the ship designs in the game?

10. Alo

Alo Captain

The following path is where I find mine. Yours should be similiar starting from the "Steam" folder.

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Saves/Blueprints/[SteamID]

By [SteamID] I mean the folder with a long row of numbers for a name. There should also be a folder called "Player" and a folder with "[YourSteamNickname] but those aren't the right ones.

11. Alo

Alo Captain

Here's another finished SV of mine. I've spent a lot of time in Creative Mode to get her exactly right (according to me anyway...) and I've built her in multiplayer twice now and although she IS resource intensive she's not nearly as expensive as my previous SV.

You can't really shove this SV into a single category. With her triple lasers and 6 rocket launchers you could call her a fighter but most fighters generally don't have the ability to carry others; she can carry 2 passengers (+ the pilot). On top of her weaponry and carrier-capability she also has several containers, fridges, a constructor, an 02-station and three fuel tanks so you can take her out for extended periods of time. Use her to pick up buddies, engage in combat or simply as a small cargo ship when gathering resources. The only downside is the entrance to the inside; it's either open or closed with blocks; I tried using a door but that simply looks horrible and I didn't want to build her any bigger.

Note - you could build additional fridges and cargo boxes but I've built her so that these components always have an extra layer of blocks as defense. If you try adding additional components you'll notice they'll be (partially) visible on the outside.

Fun fact - She only has 2 landing gears which is quite unussual for an SV of her size but she balances out perfectly and she's surprisingly easy to park, even on high cliffs where you hardly have space to park most SV's.

All-in-all she's my most effective SV to date and I really consider her my swiss-army knife (suited for any task)

General Specifications
    Width – 15
    Length – 23
    Height – 8
    Mass – 11.0 tons (on Akua)
    Idle time (landed or in air) on Akua– 180+ minutes
    Flight time on Akua– 65 - 95 minutes (depending on how intensive the flying is)

Utility
    Fridge – 3
    Carbo Boxes - 7
    Oxygen Station – 1
    Oxygen Tank – 4
    Passenger Seat Cube – 2
    Small Constructor – 1
    Spotlight - 1

Ship Parts
    Thruster Armored - 13
    Thruster Slant - 5
    RCS – 3
    Fuel Tank – 3
    Generator – 2

Weapons
    Pulse Laser - 3
    Rocket Launcher - 6

Any feedback is welcome!

Attached Files:

Count_Triple, NafreiuX and Elfnessa like this.
  12. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

trying out some new design ideas.

Attached Files:

Hiram Abiff, Vitriks and Andy0085 like this.
  13. mikehorrellnz

mikehorrellnz Lieutenant

Second Version of my freighter (a bit smaller, but with some improvements). Original MK1 is last image. You can now access the cargo holds internally from a narrow corridor and no it longer requires special docking platform for landing.

I built this on a dedicated server which unfortunately was reset overnight so figured I may as well post it as a contribution here since its otherwise lost forever...

Attached Files:

14. Andy0085

Andy0085 Ensign

Austrian Pride for all purpose! :p Austrian Pride.jpg Austrian Pride2.jpg

andrey duarte and Yolofessional like this.
  15. Andy0085

Andy0085 Ensign

Did they retextured the gunns for all the vessels in 4.2.1 ? am still on 4.0.2

16. Alo

Alo Captain

Yes.

Andy0085 likes this.
  17. JoeCool3

JoeCool3 Ensign

Hello Guys,

here i want to show my first really good small vessel. Ive build some before, but they were more for use and fast build. Now i build one on a Server wich I dont host. So complete build in Survival Mode. Very expensive, ive build at least over 20h on it. Pure building time. No farming or mining is in that time included.

Ive named it simply The Hunter xD

Thats my first try to build a small vessel with fine optic and no flying sqares wich i build before. First try with all forms of blocks. Ive never tried other blocks before just ramps and normal block ive jused ^^

Parts wich i used:

Cockpit 3
    4 Landing gears
    21 Generator
    12 RCS Modules
    1 small Constructor
    2 Frigdes
    2 Passanger Cockpits
    3 Pulslaser
    6 Rocketlauncher
    1 O2 Dtation
    2 O2 Tanks
    2 Lights
    29 Truster Atmo
    5 Fuel Tanks
    14 Signal Lights

Weight on Akua 20,8t

Flight Time on Akua ca 100 Minutes and in Orbit 240-300 Minutes.

Edit: Please excuse my writings, I'm german and my English is not the best ;-)

Attached Files:

Elfnessa and Bobza like this.
  18. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

here some screenshots from other builds :D

i think ill upload some blueprints in the next days

1.png
    2.png

19. Krenios

Krenios Commander

They look great, i would to try it :)

20. Muffinman

Muffinman Commander

@Dead8Eye
    Your HV reminds me of vehicles from Battlezone (1998, by Activision)

Krenios likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.