Small Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Xenolord

*Xenolord Ensign

My buddy and I who play Empyrion do something called 'Freebuilding'. Probably not a new concept, but it's highly effective! Though, anymore... I find myself unable to leave him on the server alone, lest I come back to no resources and a 'Xeno, I did a thing...'

This is one of my Freebuilds, The White Princess (Based on my own interpretation of the ship from Christine Love's Visual Novel Analogue: A Hate Story). She sports a Fighter Cockpit, 6 Generators (Located Center Line), 6 Fuel Tanks (Conveniently located in the wing doors), 4 Cargo Boxes, 2 Fridges (Both located in the wing doors as well), 2 (Count 'em, TWO!) Constructors in her rear, 4 Oxygen Tanks (Armored, but accessible from the indents near the engine pylon connectors), an Oxygen Station (Also armored, but accessible from the top), 8 RCS Units (Four in each engine pylon), And enough thrusters to make her one of the most maneuverable ships in the fleet. She is - in this version - UNARMED, and should only be used as a transport craft. If foldable weapons become a thing, I'll arm her. She is, however, armored like a BOSS. I've tanked Drone Bases with this girl before.

The ramps on her nose and engine pylons are supposed to be Atmosphere Breakers, in the event armoring the ship for reentry ever becomes a thing.

Attached Files:

2. HristFreya

HristFreya Lieutenant

Thank you, and I'm actually trying to help create a Terran Battlecruiser with my friends. It's just, we made the ship very big and costs Hull Blocks are currently in the hundred thousands. Having to run back and forth to Akua to accommodate the amount of Iron used just to continue building is slowing our construction.

I have set mind for a Terran Wraith Small Vessel and an Arclite Siege Tank Hovel Vessel (Starcraft I version) for the future.

blutiger likes this.
  3. Bearwolf

Bearwolf Lieutenant

Ghost_Front.jpg

Ghost small single person SV

Compatible Game Version: 5.2

2 versions

Ghost

Requires Level 15

Constructor
    Cargo Box x 2
    Ammo Box x 2
    Fridge x 4
    O2 Tank x 2
    O2 Station
    Fuel Tank x 2

Rail Gun x 6
    Plasma Cannon x 1

Ghost NW

Requires Level 10

No Weapons

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. Bearwolf

Bearwolf Lieutenant

Conquestor

Conquestor_Front.jpg

Originally called the Traveller, but the warp drive won’t work on SV's so refitted and renamed.
    Has everything for planetary conquest, just get your CV to drop you off.
    Most CV items removed and replaced with SV items except the bellow:

Gravity Generator
    Grow Pots
    Food Processors

Reason being any vessel that can create sufficient power should be able to generate their own gravity field and food manufacture/processing plants. This SV generates over 7MW so should be more than enough.

I would like to see a smaller Gravity Generator and some sort of food manufacture/processing designed for SV's

As a result this ship uses some non SV items so currently cheats the base game, do not use if you do not wish to cheat.

Compatible Game Version: 5.2

Conquestor

Requires Level 12

Rail Gun x 6
    Gatling Gun x 2

CV Items:
    Gravity Generator
    Food Processor x 2
    Growing Pot x 36

SV Items:
    Cargo Box x 6
    Fridge x 4
    Fuel Tank x 10
    O2 Tank x 4
    O2 Station
    Small Ammo Box x 4
    Small Constructor x 2
    Passenger Seat x 4

Attached Files:

5. Dovahkiin Chaos

Dovahkiin Chaos Lieutenant

SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_07-02-10.png SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_07-02-23.png SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_07-02-40.png After watching little video about making curved edges on this game posted by one of our fellow designers, I had an inspiration. A type of SV that i have never seen anybody share before. Closest I have seen was a CV but that was massivly big and not shared yet. So here is my WIP. I can use feedback and suggestions, specfically on how to make the sails.

BOLSON, khajjah, Necra and 4 others like this.
  6. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

Reminds me of an old Pen and Paper AD&D game Spelljammer

Now Im going to have to build the Manta-Ray City Ship

spelljammer-unique-sv.gif

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

Nice ship Dova, be sure to share the blueprint at some point. I think that would make a fine addition to my stable.

8. Warren

Warren Ensign

test_ship_1_2016-01-26_21-52-10.png test_ship_1_2016-01-26_21-52-36.png test_ship_1_2016-01-26_21-52-50.png test_ship_1_2016-01-26_21-53-18.png test_ship_1_2016-01-26_21-57-18.png
    Hi all,
    This is my first published Blueprint, hope you enjoy.
    She isn't the priestliest ship but she is fast and nimble, comes with everything you need sealed safely away, a nice compliment of weapons that are fully concealed. You enter via the door on her back and the cockpit is fully protected .
    just realized this blueprint doesn't have the O2 or fridge, but there is space to add it behind the door.
    need to work on the back part of the ship and perhaps change the door placement.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  9. blutiger

blutiger Lieutenant

10. blutiger

blutiger Lieutenant

Awesome SV - thanks for sharing! I had a bit of an issue with it initially, power shut down because there was no more fuel so I commenced to look for the fuel tank... Nowhere to be found!

I scoured the ship from all angles at least 5 times looking for a hidden or shielded compartment but could not find anything. Finally I started removing blocks from behind the cockpit and there it was, hiding underneath some hull blocks along with 2 O2 tanks.

Is there a way to access the fuel tank behind the blocks, sort of like a fuel hatch function?

I also added 2 ammo boxes and 2 cargo storage boxes as well. Was flying around drone hunting when I realized it was kind of dark lol. That's my next project when I get back in the game, mount some lights to illuminate my pathway to conquest haha.

Overall great SV design though, this might just be my choice ship for my survival campaign. Thanks!

11. Dovahkiin Chaos

I will once its more then an empty shell, which is all it is atm, experimenting with sail material atm before i start filling it in, and still figureing way to make it landable without adding anything sticking off the sides.

12. Dovahkiin Chaos

I have looked at this vessle, its is cool, think u can get to those from underneath.

13. Dovahkiin Chaos

There are other SC designs? this only 1 i have seen.

14. Dovahkiin Chaos

Ok I have updated my progress, it is currently useable. I cheated a little for certin things like CV cockpit vs SV cockpit (admit it, SV versions bit bulky for this design). I am currently out of ideas on improving this much further atm so take it and see what you all can do with it :) I am eager to see what you guys can do with this idea.
    SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_21-29-20.png SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_21-29-35.png SV_Creations_02_2016-01-26_21-29-50.png

Attached Files:

khajjah and Necra like this.
  15. DeadSchism

DeadSchism Lieutenant

I've been working on some designs based on real world fighter jets. Some include a forward swept wing design and lately I've been trying to build one based on the drone in fast and furious 7. Haven't had much luck so far, especially with the tail end but I'm refining as I go.

16. 44Whiskey

44Whiskey Ensign

Specter SV

I didn't put many weapons on it and the ones it does have are low level so the ship could be built at a reasonable player level. Just a pair of gatling guns and a few rocket launchers.

IDL-Specter-SV.png
    IDL-Specter-SV.png IDL-Specter-SV-back.png IDL-Specter-SV-bottom.png IDL-Specter-SV-front.png IDL-Specter-SV-side.png IDL-Specter-SV-top.png IDL-Specter-SV-interior.png IDL-Specter-SV-materials.png IDL-Specter-SV-weight.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Madnesis, khajjah, Necra and 2 others like this.
  17. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

@44Whiskey that is one big bird. looks really nice.

Hiram Abiff likes this.
  18. blutiger

blutiger Lieutenant

That's a negative Dovahkiin, can't access it from underneath either. All good, I ended up just removing the solid blocks up top and added corner blocks in their place. Also added another fuel tank to keep it running longer, and a couple rocket launchers to give it that extra 'oomph'. Oh yeah mounted the lights too.

Thanks though!

19. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

That's awesome! I have seen some builds like this in minecraft so I bet you can find pics of those sails to get some ideas. :)

20. F4U|Garybaldi

F4U|Garybaldi Ensign

Hey Guys,
    this is my first try on a Ship called Pulsar Skate. The Design is based on my Imagination of a light Freighter/Yacht in the Extended Star Wars Universe, used by the Smuggler Mirax Terrik.

Some things to note before you try it out:
    -The Ship is constructed as a SV, but it flies like a heavier CV. I have not figured out why exactly it reacts so slow, but i imagine its great mass (around 18 tons) is the main reason.
    If you can figure it out and make her more maneuverable, please let me know^^.
    -There is enough room inside the Ship to customize it to your needs. Same goes for the armament: At this point i have only included a singe gatling gun at the front, to make the blueprint as cheap as possible (to allow it being used reasonably fast in survival).

I'd really appreciate your feedback and suggestions to make it a better freighter and passenger transport.

P.S. If you guys like it i might try to adapt the desing onto a CV

back side.jpg front - side.jpg interior.jpg passenger lounge.jpg

Attached Files:

khajjah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.