Small Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzBuzzPutty

FuzzBuzzPutty Commander

2. magnusshields

magnusshields Commander

Tyrax Lightning and Olegs like this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Slam Jones likes this.
  4. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well done, looks great! :)

You are not wrong :p Hehe

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Decided to just update the SVs I was most fond of last time (too many games right now, not enough time, not sure if the current system will remain for Alpha 5, etc) so I thought I'd try updating what ended up being the most popular one I did last time (at least as far as Steam stats goes) so I give you:

F-77A Fusilier Mk II.png

FusilierComparison.png fus2newstats.png fus2newbuild.png

Threw in a comparison screenshot so you can see its gone on a diet after it got fed up of the "Fatass" nickname! The limit of four rocket launchers per SV really hit this design (it used to have eight) but after a bit of a re-sculpt and some extra thusters I think I now have my go-to SV. The Steam blueprint comes with railguns and rocket launchers but you can replace those with anything and it's very, very nearly as fast as the original was pre-nerf. Had some fun flying this one! I also think the diet and perhaps my slightly more developed skills make it look better than the original, but I know that's just opinion :p

Steam Workshop link: Click Here!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  6. Neonin

Neonin Captain

... sorry. :p

Novacat.png

NovaComp.png novanewstats.png novanewbuild.png

This one is based on my old Nova Comet design which wasn't all that popular but I always had a soft spot for the shape, feeling it was a natural evolution of the Voidhawk design. Now I don't know whether the smaller dimensions are the deciding factor or not, but despite using the reinforced steel armour and having more of pretty much everything, this still ended up lighter than the Voidhawk and with nearly as good acceleration despite less or the same thrusters in most areas... I need to do some more investigation, there's something peculiar going on I think. Or something I'm just not understanding yet anyway, more likely I suppose!

Attached Files:

7. Neonin

Neonin Captain

This one will get pretty large as I have three new SVs to show, so I'll put them into two posts rather than spamming!

These three are all translations of old Space Engineers designs that I never got around to doing before, but I think they've worked out pretty well!

First up:

D-3 Stiletto.png

stilnewstats.png stilnewbuild.png

For some reason on the Steam Workshop it filters out the "Go fas" part of "Go fast or go home" as if it's some sort of swear word. I've put in a ticket to try and find out why...

Next:

D-5 Backsword.png

backnewstats.png backnewbuild.png

This one probably isn't the most practical design in the world but I always rather liked the shape so... :p

Attached Files:

8. Neonin

Neonin Captain

And finally...

D-8 Kukri.png

kukrinewstats.png kukrinewbuild.png

This was always one of my favourite shapes, in fact it was among the first I ever designed in SE and I've updated it repeatedly since. It's more advanced that it used to be considering the very first design was light armour and had two gatling cannons and a single rocket launcher (SE version) so I guess my love shows!

Attached Files:

9. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Odds are this will be the last one today, the other three to be fair I finished last night but was too tired to post them yesterday! I've got a bunch of other things I'm working on but none of them have hit that sweet "coming together nicely" point yet. I'm back at work tomorrow too so less time burning the midnight oil!

Lochaber.png

lochnewstats.png lochnewbuild.png

This is my first combat-capable SV with a walk-in cockpit. Just don't ask how you're supposed to land the thing... :p It's also a refit of my first (and so far only) vertical design instead of the usual horizontal ones.

And yeah, I had to come up with yet another manufacturer...

Attached Files:

10. Tyrax Lightning

I'll not ask ya how to land the thing, i'll answer it for ya: Tweak it with Landing Gear on its back & turn it into a Butt Parking SV! :D

Neonin likes this.
  11. Neonin

Neonin Captain

I... never even thought of that. Now I can see pilots climbing into it from a tube that it locks to... Dammit now I have to make a carrier with launch tubes for this thing. :p

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Sadly, exiting is another story :(

13. Neonin

Neonin Captain

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Docking would involve flying back into the tube backwards and locking into place again, which means you'd exit the same way you got in...

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

If only that were the case.

Devs changed it so you exit out some arbitrary side of the cockpit, and usually end up falling because it ejects you above nothing.

No longer are we able to 'exit where we entered' for cockpits. And even passenger seats now eject you in front of them, despite entering from the side or behind the seat.

15. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Ohhh I see what you mean now. I haven't actually tested it much with the Lochaber but I have a shuttle with very limited space around the open cockpit and when I just tried it I always exited the seat in the direction I entered it from. Maybe it's just glitchy?

16. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Had a go at designing a "luxury" small shuttle, though this is the first time I've tried for that aesthetic so I might have missed the mark somewhat!

LY7 Shuttle.png

ly7interior.png ly7newstats.png ly7newbuild.png

It's pretty nippy for a shuttle, but then the lack of ammo boxes, weapons, and high amounts of RCS help keep the weight down.

Attached Files:

17. Tyrax Lightning

You're welcome. :p

I thought the default was still supposed to be to Exit a Cockpit onto above it & ya Exit to the side instead if the Blocks above the Cockpit are too blocked? :confused: (With anything... including potentially a Artillery Turret's Barrel in the case of HV Cockpits...)

Neonin likes this.
  18. Neonin

Neonin Captain

I've gone through the posts of SVs I've built in Alpha 4 and updated their stats and build costs for the changes in patch 4.2. Everything is better! :D That Stiletto is back in "ludicrous speed" territory with a 90+m/s forward acceleration rate... :p

19. Mysh

Mysh Captain

20. Gray

Gray Commander

finally managed to put my T1 starter mods I whipped up during some multiplayer sessions in the workshop. always was a big fan of the T1 starter's design and when I needed a passenger SV to carry friends around one thing lead to another.

however, with all the changes in 4.0 I haven't really looked at them yet. hornet works ok I guess, zephyr is a bit clunky now - have to update it once the changes are done...

Hornet left, Starter middle, Zephyr right
    starter_transport.jpg

starter_transport_upskirt.jpg

Zephyr Transport: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791327982
    Hornet Transport (Zephyr Hardened Steel Version): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791327845

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.