Small Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyston

Pyston Captain

ya, fuel tanks and ammo tanks do not mix. Fuel can be placed close to engines and RCS, but other wise it should be separated, ammo should probably always be separated.

I used to stack fuel tanks and ammo boxes...used to.

I was raiding a POI with my girlfriend. We had two of my "aero tanks" which had tons of armor and smartly laid out. Never had a single issue taking on anything with them. But on this day I had tunnel vision for these two turrets we could just not kill. I got one and was flying away and all of a sudden I lost power and ship went to the ground.

I took a rocket through the back door and it hit a fuel tank, which chained the other fuel tanks and ammo boxes, took out the core as well.

Since then I dont stack those, I place blocks inbetween and I try to do 2-3 layers of doors now, lol. I got paranoid :)

monktk and Sasquatch like this.
  2. Max Archer

Max Archer Commander

I've been working on this series of SVs for a while, and figured I may as well put them up on the workshop. They're a balance between aesthetics and performance, so they won't match the agility of many of the fighter SVs out there, but it's worth the compromise in my mind. I've named the series after the Blackburn Buccaneer, a strike aircraft used by the British Royal Navy and RAF from the 1950s through the first Gulf War era.

[​IMG]

First up is the Buccaneer F.5. This is the most combat-oriented of the bunch, with heavy weapons and the most RCS.

[​IMG]

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194266500

Next is the Buccaneer FB.4 LR. This is an exploration-oriented variant, with a warp pack on top and a good number of cargo boxes and devices hidden under it. It also has a lighter weapon loadout so it can be built at lower levels as a player's first warp-capable SV.

[​IMG]

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194266580

Here's the Buccaneer C.2, a transport variant which was inspired by Carrier Onboard Delivery aircraft. It's honestly not the greatest of the series, too much space is taken up by fuel tanks etc. and it handles like a barge, but I love it for its kinda goofy looks. I think it really captures the awkwardness of carrier-based cargo aircraft.

[​IMG]

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194269404

Finally, the Buccaneer T.3, an unarmed two-seat trainer variant. It's mostly useful for looking cool and using as an on-planet runabout. (I actually first built it just to sit in the showroom of a "ship dealership" I built on a multiplayer server.)

[​IMG]

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194269323

Hicks42, Kurgis, Mikemc and 2 others like this.
  3. FuzzBuzzPutty

FuzzBuzzPutty Commander

Kaeser and macklberry like this.
  4. Trig

Trig Captain

Here's a ship

Intervention Assault Corvette (I think of it as a corvette anyway, seems wrong to call something 95 tons with 18 weapons a fighter)
    Meant to be painted with replace mode color tool, although default grey isn't bad.

Warp drive, good thrust & maneuverability, loaded interior w/ drone launch area, automatic doors and lights, lots of weapons ranging from cheap ammo to expensive to choose on the fly how much to invest in killing a target.

All thrusters exhaust exposed (if open vent shutters don't count).

Meant as a mid to late game PVE combat ship, no idea how it would fare in PVP.

workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197478447

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  5. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Ramachandra, monktk, Kaeser and 5 others like this.
  6. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  7. Mikemc

Mikemc Commander

Attached Files:

8. Mr_Anderson

Mr_Anderson Ensign

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Arrclyde, Kaeser, Razorwire and 3 others like this.
  9. Trig

Trig Captain

I've got a pair of armored 'utility' ships here, a smaller one for solo play, and a larger one for mp. Both have warp drives.

Their primary role is a protected space to operate drone for mining, but they're armed with 6 gatlings and mount points for 4 rocket launchers, giving a fairly decent offensive capability. 2 - 2.5 layers hardened steel covering most areas (counting wall block as .5), 4x doors either side, 3x layered shutters on drone launch point, double layer shutter window windshields. The larger one seats 7 players, smaller one seats 1. 2 constructors, o2 fill station, armor locker, 6+ cargo boxes on both. Fairly decent maneuverability, the XL uses 46x thruster S. Sensors and Levers for controlling most things, automatic doors, lights, ramps. Spotlight coverage on all sides.

Armored Utility XL (601): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218747715
    Armored Utility SP (501): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1219752298

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    XL:
    [​IMG]
    SP:
    [​IMG]

JDaremo Fireheart and ion_storm like this.
  10. monktk

monktk Captain

Sasquatch and Mikemc like this.
  11. Mikemc

Mikemc Commander

Attached Files:

12. Michpal

Michpal Lieutenant

13. Michpal

Michpal Lieutenant

14. BigSnoopy

BigSnoopy Commander

Michpal likes this.
  15. Kurgis

Kurgis Lieutenant

Bulldog mk 4 exploration SV

Bulldog-Mk4-Warp SV.jpg BulldogMk4Front.jpg BulldogMk4Interior1.jpg BulldogMk4Interior2.jpg BulldogMk4Stats.jpg BulldogMk4Top.jpg

Survival, singleplayer/co-op extended exploration SV.

A variant of my Bulldog line which is warp capable and can carry 2 passengers. Not designed to take massive amounts of hits - its agility is the key to survival although it is made totally out of combat steel S blocks.

Kept it to lvl 12 for easy building and there are two "clips" on the wings which is where I put 4 railguns when I hit lvl 15 or pulse or whatever takes your fancy.

Outfitted for extended exploration with 4 cargo boxes, 4 ammo boxes (for storing ground as much as vehicle weapon ammo), 3 fridges and 1 mobile constructor. If you remove the passenger seats, plenty more room if you wanted to add more storage.

Large hatch at the top for remote drone mining in safety no matter what the conditions. Just dont stand on the hazard area otherwise you'll get a little crispy from the warp drive :)

If you add 4 heavy weapons speed drops to 39m/s in all directions and the vessel was checked on Aestus (high G) to make sure this is the case.

Simple signal logic to pull in all the door ramps on the main control page.

Went for more of a gunship feel and tried to keep it narrow so it will fit through nearly all hanger doors - although it is a lot more lenghty than any other SV i've build because of the warp drive and interior area.

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1248604582

Attached Files:

Sasquatch and Captain Jack II like this.
  16. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Nice looking ship. How bad is the maneuverability hit when all the guns are added to the wings? Seems like roll would suffer quite a bit.

17. Kurgis

Kurgis Lieutenant

Overall agility is hardly touched -

Edit: Just checked roll goes down by 0.1 - I can live with that!
    More Edits: And thanks for the kind words :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Captain Jack II likes this.
  18. Giuseppe Nelva

Giuseppe Nelva Ensign

Here is my very first small vessel, the FA-01 Raiden Heavy Fighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's warp capable, pretty well armed, and tanky enough in PvE. It was designed partly for looks, and partly for space exploration and POI suppression, so it has vulnerabilities for PvP, but everything you need to go to another planet and start mining those rare materials.

Feedback is appreciated, and if Eleon wants to use it, it's all yours.

Here's the steam workshop link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1281595384

Attached Files:

Ramachandra likes this.
  19. Max Archer

Max Archer Commander

I've been struggling for a while to come up with a big SV that I liked enough to put on the workshop, and I think I've finally got it with this one.

[​IMG]

I'm calling it the "Warp Cutter," and like some of my other designs it's inspired by modern stealth warships. It's built with aesthetics as a primary concern, and includes useless features like cabins and a bathroom, but it also packs a decent amount of function, with lots of frontal armor, a decent complement of weapons, and tons of storage.

[​IMG]

It's also totally sensor'd and signaled up, with automated doors and interior lights, switches for exterior lights and thrusters, etc.

[​IMG]

It all adds up to a ship that's actually pretty useful, small enough to fit inside large CVs but with tons of capacity and endurance. Check it out on the Steam Workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1277657300&searchtext=warp+cutter

Sasquatch and Razorwire like this.
  20. Cormnick

Cormnick Ensign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.