So... HV's in Space...

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by IndigoWyrd, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Clipping sounds like a programming issue, sounds like an SE issue to me.

I can 100% get BA's not docking - they don't have landing gear anyways, and are immobile. I know part of it stems from how Unity handles "grids" the assemblage of blocks we call "BA's", "CV's", "SV's" and "HV's" and that attaching one "grid" to another is a bit of a programmatic marvel all by itself. But we do have a pretty clever team of programmers and developers here. I've no doubt if they wanted to crack this, they could. I've also no doubt they've got much bigger fish to fry first, so this is a pretty much non-priority thing at this stage.

Ephoie likes this.
  3. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

[​IMG]

this is my last blueprint......the hover actually get inside the small vessel....and the living space is done by sv + hv....when the sv need prometheus, pentax of material for is costructor just park on the left of the asteroids...the shutter door open and the hv undock from sv and start minning...

On this way not only the sv can mine..but have also cloning chamber. And the hover docked is protected by sv shield..

so is not only very useful...is also really funny...and pratical.

Ephoie and SylenThunder like this.
  4. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

That's just it - I get the feeling they want to do the exact opposite and aggressively pursue forced specialization - I guess it probably makes PvP easier to manage which is a shame. I have seen far to many games have their solo/co-op PvE game play completely wrecked in the endless pursuit of dealing with PvP exploits, balance, griefing etc.

Clipping here means embedded in the voxel terrain - ie like bases in this.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    runlykhel likes this.
  5. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Nice - looks good :)

I'm build something similar - a tier 2 SV I can make at L10 and upgrade later (to tier 3) that can carry a pair of HVs - one is a miner, the other is a mini-tank/sentry that I can park up and leave on guard while mining (or to give some ground cover fire while attacking a POI with the SV).

In lieu of having that functional I am still using jrandall's excellent MX5E (the updated workshop version), but of course it starts to struggle with thrust once it is lugging a couple of HVs around from planet to planet along with cargo and could do with being just a little wider for this purpose. Otherwise and excellent little ship. Trying to rig up a LCD projection to give me a correct docking position box in the absence of cameras in this.

6. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Pretty much the surest route to the downfall of a great game is the inclusion of PvP. It's one of the reasons I just don't like PvP.

runlykhel likes this.
  7. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Likewise - utterly hate it, usually full of griefers, exploiters or whatever. My ideal is get a bunch of like minded decent folks together for a proper team co-op on a server :)

I have an SE server, but once I get to know my round around this and have enough like minded people who actually play it, Ill probably switch the server over to this as quite honestly I get bored out of my skull with SE outside of ship/base designing because they forget to make an actually game or got waylaid by supporting PvP (a bit of both I suspect).

Eco was another one that went to hell when they finally realised getting a bunch of randoms to co-operate was never going to work (griefers who only play to trash what other people are trying to make) and so now everything is about the PvP experience (they realised people will just kill each other economically, or via poisoning their bit of the world rather than with guns, so now that's bogged down sorted that out and all the cool stuff they were doing has long been forgotten).

8. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

There are plenty of Cooperative players around here. I run a server at work and play with a decent sized group there (around 30 people) at least one or two Thursdays every month.

We also occasional engage in some PvP play (Sales vs. Support or Left vs. Right), but it's pretty structured with pre-established rules and among a group of people who all know each other (and know where they sit). These aren't bad sessions, good stress-breakers, and team-building fun.

You plug in the internet though, and you never know what you're going to get.

Ephoie likes this.
  9. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Have you guys ever played Rust?

10. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

A tetrodotoxin and sea-snake venom cocktail is less toxic that the Rust community.

runlykhel and Ephoie like this.
  11. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

It seems it is worth putting up/down thruster on HV - they make for great asteroid miners now :)

I just park my miner hv on top of my SV - cart it into space and use it for mining asteroids.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You shouldn't need thrusters on HVs for space.

Ephoie and krazzykid2006 like this.