Fixed Some new block shapes have gaps/empty spaces [00984]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Insopor, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Insopor

Insopor Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.10 RC
    Mode:Any
    Mode:Any

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:Always
    Severity:Major

Type:Visual/collision

Summary: Depending on the orientation, some of the new blocks present empty sides.

Description:The empty sides have no collision and can be shot through/passed through.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Affected blocks:
    Rounded B
    Rounded Ramp B
    Cut Cone
    Ramp Round Connector C
    Ramp Round Medium Transition

I think I checked all of them, but probably missed some combinations. Appears to affect merge sides where the block is a transition from a larger to a smaller face/shape, if I missed any blocks which share similar attributes, it's probably good to double check them.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1) For most of these simply place them in a row where the same shape edges don't match up.For example, stack the large end of "Cut Cone" onto the small end of another Cut Cone, then observe the underside of the large end where it connects.
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Garaman likes this.
  2. Insopor

Insopor Commander

[​IMG]

Also affects Cut corner F left (and right) when stuck beside Half Cylinder connector A.

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

A few other missing face issues:

Cut Corner F left & right have a missing face if place down on this edge. I'm not sure if this is the same issue that Insopor listed above.
    [​IMG]

A side face of Rounded Ramp B will disappear if a block is placed above it (only on one side though).
    [​IMG]

Half Cylinder 90 Degree loses a face if placed on top of another block in a certain rotation.
    [​IMG]

In addition to the missing face problem that Insopor listed, the entire large curved face and part of the small curved face of Ramp Round Connector C has no collision on it.
    [​IMG]

Insopor likes this.