Some thoughts…

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Blackvoid, May 28, 2019.

1. Blackvoid

Blackvoid Ensign

Well, I have built a lightweight CV Carrier for moving my HV and a small POI attack SV around and simultaneously being able to defend itself against ground forces with its 12 mounted projectile turrets. It’s fully equipped with repair bay, shield, warp engine, harvesting capabilities etc., spawn able at lvl. 25.

Now I’m working to bring it down so that it can be spawned at level 10 and then upgraded along the way while gaining higher levels.

I notice that the Repair Console is available at level 12 while the (T1) Repair Bay first becomes available at level 15. That does not make sense to me…?

I think we need a better way to repair damaged construct. It gets extremely tedious to run around a vessel after each engagement pointing with the multi tool, hoping to hit a damaged block in order to repair it. It’s way too hard to see which blocks that are damaged and which is not. Maybe a damaged block could be textured in a unique way? Nevertheless, until one gets a repair bay, repairing damaged vessels is a pain in the … - and repairing bases continues to be a running and pointing game.

I’m aware that most games provide faster level advancement at lower levels, but I think this mechanics is not suitable for this game – especially if one is following the Robinson Protocol. The first 5-10 levels are archived way to fast, even if set at low progress speed. I’ve created some very low-level base blueprints – the first one available at level 3, but when I finally have collected al the mats needed, I’ve already passed level 5 thus making this construct uninteresting. I think this is unfortunately because the “survival” part of the game mostly is experienced during lower levels.

On the other hand, later leveling speed gets really slow when set at low progress speed.