Space Life Online - PvE server | W/V & CPU On

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by SifVerT, Dec 2, 2018.

1. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

Hello,

I understand the server isn't everyone's cup of tea.

You aren't really meant to farm crushed stone though, it's just an emergency method to obtain necessary ores. There are ore rocks lying around on the surface of the planets which you should harvest. The stone conversion ratio to ores is poor, but imagine yourself trying to find minerals anywhere on Earth and you think you find rich concentrations of anything just anywhere?

The above is not a time sink, it is meant as a limitation of what progress you can make without moving on to the next step, as I don't want to see the stone conversion to lead to anything more than a basic HV constructor or ores when you are in a crisis. If your method of trying to progress on the server is depending on converting stone to ores it's gonna be tedious, that I understand. Best is to shoot a few ore rocks and make ingots from that, each rock may lead up to 5x ores which is equal to 10x ingots.

The last point about the Portable Constructor is probably subjective, I think that it is good to remove an item which runs free of energy and is not affected by the Mass & Volume system. I made the Mobile Constructor (HV) craftable using the Suit Constructor from basic ores just to make it simple, including a small generator and tank plus basic cargo boxes.

Regarding time sink as written about above, I did progress to make a mobile constructor plus basic HV the second session I played and I did it slowly because I was playing on one of the hardest planets on the server and had to fight to survive between trying to gather materials for them (plus between playing I have to work on the server too).