Spammers, spammers everywhere

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by SilvRav, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

No, what they want is to increase their website or advertisement in Search Engine rankings. They do this by flooding forums with garbage so that web-crawling search engine bots will latch onto various keywords. They include product links in their signature, and make useless posts that contribute nothing to a discussion, simply to make those links visible.

And as rucky said, allowing it on these boards (or indeed any forum) uncontested is absolutely unacceptable - at the bare minimum, it inhibits the usability of a forum by burying actual content and discussion under hundreds or thousands of threads' worth of garbage. ****** is also a 'thing of today's world' but that doesn't mean we allow it to spread unchecked.

That being said, I am happy to say that @Kane Hart took some steps to curb the recent infestations and at least for now we aren't likely to see bots running rampant everywhere.

ion_storm, XeroTerragoth and rucky like this.
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Sorry dude I was just mucking around, I just ignore spam, bound to happen, always does, didn't mean anything by it all though.

3. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

spammers be afraid....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.