[Special] Wreckage, Artefacts, Ruins

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spikaner

Spikaner Lieutenant

And the next one.., jeah a Maze with some goodys ^^
    Maze.jpg

Have fun ;)

Attached Files:

2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

4 Grav gens? And the building is how high? I guess this means no one can go 'up' any levels ;)

3. Spikaner

Spikaner Lieutenant

OK the Gravs a litle toooo much ... the devs can remove it and set a DECO Grav ;)
    Or a new Antenna 2*2.... ^^

Frigidman likes this.
  4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Grav gens aren't additive, are they? (I haven't used one in ages.)

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I know they are on a CV. The more you add, the less you can jump, and in many cases, the inability to go up stairs :/

6. Spikaner

Spikaner Lieutenant

It´s a mini Maze with elevators.. , so dont care ;) Steam workshop BP without Alien tool and boxes to spam as Base in work ... But needs a little Maze rework... , New Maze new Challenge :D

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

While I have been busying myself with ideas about ancient ruins, obelisks, and labyrinths(which I hope everyone will enjoy) a few days ago Krenios posted his Derelict antenna array on the first page of this forum area. While I definitely favor doing the inspiring, that post stuck in my head and, in turn, inspired me. So I want to give a tip of my cap to Krenios and his post; very cool, sir, very cool. I hope my meager contribution does the inspiration justice!

So, without further adieu, introducing The Abandoned Drilling Platform.

I envisioned this as cut in the same vein as the abandoned mine and factories on Akua and Omicron respectively; only without as much infestation.:p The developers are welcome to adjust this, as is anyone else if that fits the theme you are are striving for. In addition I imagined this being situated on Oscutune, but it could be placed anywhere, including the lava planets.

You will notice areas where the paint has decayed and others where rust is setting in. I simply cannot bring myself to beat it up anymore than just adjusting for the visual effect, but the developers are welcome to take a chisel to it. :D

At Dusk

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-34-47.png

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-34-29.png

Daytime:

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-35-11.png
    Once a proud facility... now slowly decaying...

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-36-10.png

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-35-51.png
    Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-36-00.png
    Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-36-23.png

Creative_4_2016-09-10_17-34-15.png

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

And the Blueprint and .jpg for the platform

Attached Files:

9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Oblivion Wreckage

Something I had done for fun, hope you like it.

The Sky Tower

Sky-Tower.jpg

Sky Tower 8.jpg

Sky Tower 11.jpg

Sky Tower 6.jpg

Sky Tower 1.jpg

And the Bubble Ship

Sky Tower 10.jpg

Bubble-Ship 1.jpg

Here the links...

Sky-Tower

Bubble-Ship

10. Tusc

Tusc Ensign

Fractalite's Ancient Labyrinth - I can imagine rage quitting after getting lost in that place for hours and not being able to find a way out.

Fractalite likes this.
  11. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Wow, after not playing for a few weeks everything looks so Blockey and Cartoonist.

Flermpick likes this.
  12. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

As much as I do not wish to cause anyone suffering, nor be in conflict with anyone.... I am kinda proud of that labyrinth, and I really hope the developers opt to use it. So this makes me excited to read. :)

13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Kaeser - Your idea gave me one, I wanted to ask your permission to pursue it - I do not want you to feel as though I am treading on your territory or copying you.

Consider, while I do not want to get into a debate as to the feasibility of such a construct here on these forums; I have read of the concept of a "Space Elevator" or "skyhook," and the idea of fixed blocks in Empyrion constructs might make such a thing possible(I personally have doubts as to the efficacy of such a thing in the real world.) It would be another "abandoned" structure, and would reach, well, as high as I could get it to climb. :cool:

Now that I have broached the area, if you want to build it, go for it. Otherwise I think I will give it a go. :eek:

Kaeser likes this.
  14. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Sure mate use as you like, but I think mine is in the near limit, which is 250 blocks from the starting point I think....

Fractalite likes this.
  15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You could make it around 500 tall, if you first built up the ground using the fill tool, then placed a core there, then removed all the dirt as you built the 250 downwards. Once that reached its limit, you can build upwards the other 250 :D

Fractalite likes this.
  16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It was difficult to gauge from your images how tall your structure really was, but if that is the limit(I had hoped that when I read the the limit was 250 blocks that the number represented the radius, not diameter :),) there might still be a chance to try and get around it. Has anyone ever tried deliberately spawning, say, a base on a base(which may only be an option using developer powers) or maybe a capital ship on top of another capital ship? It would offer the visual illusion of being a single structure....

Frigidman you wrote that as I was writing this and took the words right out of my... er... fingers. :) I just read that the the limit is 125 in either direction, so I do not know. The other option is to try and build it in space, with the base elevator station being at the extreme downward limit.

I think I might tinker with it a bit this evening, the structure itself is not all that complicated - really the base station and transport module would be the challenge, the "elevator" is only a cord or wire.

17. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Well you could also build it in space and spare yourself the trouble, the problem is the blueprint, over a certain threshold it will give errors on spawn.....

Frigidman and Fractalite like this.
  18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Oh, right... 125 blocks. Heck I can't keep all these limits straight in my head anymore. Limits suck ;)

19. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

If you need a place to post it. Post to the Nexus site. There is already a listing for this game. Have uploaded a couple blueprints there. Great place to post what steam won't.

20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

So after a bit of experimentation with regard to the space elevator, I discovered a number of things: Bases cannot be stacked(a fact which will surprise no one,) the full 250 blocks cannot be placed at once vertically - the detection for the placement of structures is also the radius limit of structures which is 125, AND even if I could get the full 250, while dauntingly high, it would still not be high enough to present the illusion of the space elevator stretching into the sky.

"So what do I do? This is such a great idea!" :(

Well, what if I turned it on it's side... literally.

Introducing, the Collapsed Alien Space Hook.

It comes in two parts. The base station, and the carriage - these two to be cut in the same mold as the multiple parts of Talos. The carriage is heavily defended, but the base station is not. Neither are especially challenging, or contain awesome loot, but the base station would make a decent base if you were in a hurry. These structures would add ambiance to some planet in this particular star system. Perhaps Skillon? The name can also be changed; replace "alien" with Xenu, epsilon, etc.

I will post in two parts, the first are the pictures and blueprint of the base station.

Daytime.

Creative_6_2016-09-11_22-34-57.png
    Creative_6_2016-09-11_22-35-11.png
    Creative_6_2016-09-11_22-35-24.png

Nighttime

Creative_6_2016-09-11_22-29-49.png

Looks like some crazy person was experimenting with space elevators...

Creative_6_2016-09-11_20-52-31.png

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.