Starting Season 2 of Let's Play

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by LiftPizzas, Nov 22, 2015.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode we try to establish a safe mining area on Aestus so that we can mine without being disturbed. We also pay the drone base a visit with the Thorn CV just to see what happens.

If the planet looks a little different than you're used to, it's because I created a custom playfield file to reduce the darkness and fogginess so that you can see what's going on.

tarasin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

CVs should get to have a larger amount of Weapons with range longer then 200-300 Meters. CVs should get to be big bad dudes not to be trifled with. They are kinda like flying Bases &/or Flagships &/or Motherships after all... or heck, i'd even go so far as to say Boss Ships.

As is, it's lookin like only the CV Rocket Turrets, & some in-Planet defensive weapons are the only ones worth putting on a CV. What's even the point of the L20 unlockable CV Weapons if the L15 Rocket Turret is flat out better?

3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah there's lots of rebalancing to be done eventually. I was really surprised at the huge guns working in atmosphere. I don't think that was intentional. But it was funny!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Agreed. I woulda swore I thought I read somewhere that CV Weapons would not be allowed to work in Planets citing the Lore Reason that 'Rounds of Caliber of that Magnitude could Ionize the Atmosphere & destroy it' or something along those lines. Perhaps the Code put in place to stop CV Weapons firing in the Atmosphere wasn't done right... or 'accidentally' got forgotten. :p

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode my wife and I attack the Aestus drone base on foot. As usual, hilarity ensues.

This POI actually worked well as an uncut continuous piece, so you get to watch this raid in its entirety.

7. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode we go to Zeyhines and try to get established on this desert planet. We do a little building, mining, raiding, and defending ourselves. In total, 47 drones died in the making of this episode.

8. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode we finish raiding the POIs in the large desert on the other side of Zeyhines.

Tyrax Lightning and tarasin like this.
  9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

A funny thing happened on the way to setting up for the drone base episode with Hurley, and I got a little sidetracked. Nothing bad happened and I totally didn't do anything stupid either before or during this episode.

Tyrax Lightning and tarasin like this.
  10. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode Hurley and I assault the drone base and the missile silo on Zeyhines.

For those who aren't familiar with the "good teamwork" reference:

11. Tyrax Lightning

Right, neglecting your stuff repairs is total tactical brilliance. ;P /sarcasm

While you're at it, don't forget to make a Ship & arm it then fly off into combat then realize too late ya forgot to put any Ammo in the Ammo Boxes. :p

With that said, I know how it feels to have bad memory... can only imagine how 10x harder it must be trying to remember stuff & Vid at the same time. ;)

LiftPizzas likes this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

Hurley = Action Girl! :cool:

Plus, gotta love the Minigun in Realms like this where foes can't have high Armor Power to nerf the hell outta the damage of high speed modest damage so that the Minigun can have beautiful DPS... & not about to say no to the sweet Stunlock too cause a Super Soldier (wannabe) needs to deal with superior numbers of foes in deep hostile territory somehow.

13. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Hehe. It would help if the cockpit had visible damage as you were walking up to the ship. They had to have been pinging it and nothing else, because the nearby blocks were all fine. And this was the first time they didn't shoot out a plasma cannon first. Usually that thing exploding is what tells me I'm being shot at, LOL.

14. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I've done some testing and the way the armor works is weird. For one, all of the enemies take the same amount of damage to kill, regardless of the weapon used, so they have no effective armor.

The blocks/components do have armor, but the way it works seems odd to me. The total damage needed to be done equals the hit points times the armor value. If the incoming damage is less than the armor value, the shot has no effect at all. It makes sense so far.

But, if incoming damage is equal or greater than the armor value, it completely ignores armor and does full damage. So for a block with an armor value of anywhere between 0-40, the pistol does 40 points of damage and the T2 pistol does 80, regardless of the armor value.

Every armor system in games I've played had armor reducing incoming damage in one way or another. I'm guessing (hoping) this will change later on.

15. Tyrax Lightning

I got a new Starter HV built in Survival & have noticed the same... My Cockpit can look like new then I Repair Tool it & it can take over 6 whirrings of the Tool to fix the damage.

I also wish ya could manually command your Vehicle Weapons to Reload from within the Cockpit. Does the R Button have any function while inside a Cockpit? If it's not busy in the Cockpit Piloting Mode, hitting R in the Cockpit should manually order all Vehicle Weapons to Reload imho. Kinda dumb to have to jump outta the HV & jump into the Turret then Reload it Manually so it doesn't go into Combat then have to Reload after, like, 43 Shots or such.

16. Tyrax Lightning

I woulda thought the Armor would already reduce damage... I wonder if that's a bug? Then again I also think it's a bug that I can shoot a damn Plant Monster in the Face with my Rocket Launcher & the Rocket doesn't fly down its throat & blow the sucker up from the inside in 1 Rocket. :p

17. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In this episode we check out some of the new stuff in pre-alpha 5.3, and build a minimalist CV to get back to Zeyhines. I also do some experimenting with an idea I had, and it turns out to work well enough.

Crackadamus and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Tyrax Lightning

Minimalist CV... once I get to making my first Survival Mode CV... I wonder how 'Minimalist' & small I can make my first one & still have it be a CV with at least minimum amenities & looking like an actual Ship...?

For now though, I haven't made even a first Survival Mode SV yet. Still working on conquering Akua. Recently Unlocked the Minigun & as of the time of this Post awaiting it to craft after it finishes processing all the massive amount of Promethium Ore I Mined up. Had no idea it was gonna take so long to process! If I had known I woulda saved some of your Vids for watch as I wait on it. XD

Plasma Rifle was useless to me cause I was able to Unlock it long before I was ready to leave Akua & haven't found what I need to craft it in any Alien Place as of yet. Never gonna need it now since I can Minigun now.

19. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah, people say this game is grindy, but they don't mention the crafting times in that. I find that's the most grindy part of the game and often end up AFKing in a med station while stuff is crafting.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Med Station... DOH! I forgot to build one of those & stick it into my Hidey Hole! >_< *Makes mental note*

Captain Ensign strikes again. Maybe the term "Captain Ensign" can become a new Empyrion Meme at this rate, like a modern day equivalent of Roger Wilco. :p

Who's stupid idea was it to make me Captain of the poor ill-fated Helios anyway? :p

Oh well, my learning experience got me to L15 for a Minigun & over 8 full stacks of Promethium Pellets which'll come in handy for future CV fueling anyway. :)

I don't understand why Spawners aren't already in the Creative Mode Menu in Creative Mode, especially when Eleon is already receptive towards accepting Player-Made Creations into their game development.