Stone Legion Community! (Server, Clan, Or Bring your own Clan!)

Discussion in 'Clans' started by StoneLegion, Nov 10, 2014.

1. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Hello my name is Kane Hart and I'm here to talk about the Stone Legion Community! Stone Legion was originally started back in 2010 known as Godcraft. Godcraft name got a bit old and was only a Minecraft community and we wanted to open up our pallet to other amazing games and therefor we formed Stone Legion!

What is Stone Legion?: We are more of community then a clan but we provide our own servers and the infrastructure to create your own clan on our servers as well as join a more common neutral group being that of Stone Legion. We are not into hardcore PvP or hardcore PvE. We are a pretty chilled community that just loves to have fun.

Current Active Servers:
    With Empyrion Launch we plan on running a 24/7 Server with the following Specs:
    • Intel Xeon Haswell E3 1240 V3
    • 32GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
    • 6 x 240GB Intel 520 SATA3 SSD
    • LSI 9271-8i Raid Card /w Cachevault (BBU)
    • 1Gbps Uplink
    • 10TB Premium Traffic

Chris, XERO9 and Novus like this.
  2. FlavorousOne54

FlavorousOne54 Lieutenant

Very tempting, I think that I'll join! That is if I get a faster computer

StoneLegion likes this.
  3. LordHellfire

LordHellfire Ensign

*sees server specs*
    *drools*
    Count me in! Got a Steam group?

4. TrollolPenguin

TrollolPenguin Lieutenant

ready to join, just send me a message on steam. Steam ID name is the same as my display name in this community
    TrollolPenguin

5. XERO9

XERO9 Lieutenant

I would like to join you as well sir.

How much will it cost me to play on your server?

There are a couple of others in my small collaboration of friends (cyrunian legion) that I'm trying to convince to get on board with Empyrion. We have been together since Tekkit was Tekkit and not "tekkit classic", we have played MC, Starmade, and are also Star Citizen enthusiasts/backers.

I plan to donate or do whatever I can to support Empyrion and I will also work together with anyone on your server who wants to work as a team, like trading resources, sharing info on resource deposits, and being a good neighbor by answering the call if a buddy is being attacked nearby and needs a hand.

TrollolPenguin likes this.
  6. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

We will probably remove any costs depending on performance. If griefing can be kept to a low and this is more like cheating, hacking, exploiting, etc, and performance is good like can easily run 30-50 people without too many performance issues then I don't see a reason to cost.

But if it's something like 10-15 and tons of exploits for the first while we might end up doing a small contribution to pay for server costs and hopefully to bring only adults into the community.

XERO9 likes this.
  7. XERO9

XERO9 Lieutenant

Wow 30 to 50 people that would be one expensive PC !!!?? HOLY MOLY

I play legit. Prefer a challenge Esspecially if I'm in it for the long haul.

+1 to only adults.

8. XERO9

XERO9 Lieutenant

I appreciate the possibility of zero cost very much.

If it all works out I would gladly be your ally and help you whenever possible in-game :)

9. TrollolPenguin

About the world of warcraft server, it's completely free 2 play or do i have to subscribe it ? I'm a fan of MMORPG because raiding, looting, trolling a noob, as well as jousting

10. XERO9

XERO9 Lieutenant

I thought you said, in another post, you are not a troll despite your name?

11. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

It's F2P till level 20 :p Pretty much like 1% of the gameplay. Most people are already bored though and moved on. Some MMORPG's you might like SWTOR, Rift 2 not bad F2P ones.

12. TrollolPenguin

Yes people , I'M NOT A TROLL ! people just don't take me seriously even during DOTA 2 match

13. TrollolPenguin

Just tried SWTOR and dislike limited PvP and credit cap. Tried LoTRO but eventually got bored due to poor pvp experience. Hope this game give me good PVP experience such as crashing the stock exchange

14. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

ESO Just announced Buy 2 Play no sub for March 17th I think.

15. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Eh, I'm a former EVE player, so griefers are just another form of NPC to me. And I'm all about hardcore everything, because I find brutal difficulty enjoyable. Also, I think eventually players will want a server cluster dedicated to a larger game world, but the hardware set you have for now sounds fantastic. Would you be willing to rent out a test server instance for modding? I also don't mind a subscription fee as long as it is resonable (~$2.50 USD/Month).

AgentOrange232 likes this.
  16. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

This is something I would want but sadly never works as such a thing. For example if you run a decent size server you are going to want decent server say a $200 a month server that would hold at least 100 people if it was coded in that manor and will pretend.

The downside is maybe 20 people would consider playing at the time or forever. That would end up being $50 and if we downgrade to a server valued $50 it might end up being able to hold maybe 10 players the way it sort of ends up since most games are normally per thread heavy.

Right now we have something called VIP on our Minecraft stuff that been $15 for years. The thing it offers almost nothing extra the idea of it was just to do it for people who want to support the server. In the end you have maybe 50+ people online and in the end it seems that a lot more people tend to want to do a monthly contribution.

But either way it really depends on 100's of factors. Beginning with how many people can it hold to start with. Then the next question will be at the time anyways how many tools will the game offer for whitelists and moderation of the server etc.

17. Brokenshakles

True, you need a critical mass of dedicated players to attract and keep newcomers, and to pay the regular bills. I'm thinking that all the EVE players who want a server /w mods should all concentrate on forming one community, so that we can reach that critical mass ASAP. Mind you, my request for a test server would be for mod dev work, once things were ready for production, I would work on a more permanent arrangement involving dedicated hardware, instead of a public rental.

18. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

I would run a test server I mean honestly now I have tons and tons of hardware on and off site that supports I assume a decent dedicated server. Though in the long run it be nice to have people help contribute to the costs but yeah will be for sure running a server no matter how things are the second we can.

XERO9 likes this.
  19. Brokenshakles

Oh, I see. Sounds good then, I think that having all the first community servers coming out of the same place will be good for community cohesion. Also, a facility for combining underpopulated servers into larger more coherent populations on fewer servers is always a good thing.

20. TrollolPenguin

Steam community sale today for this summer !

XERO9 likes this.