stop ignoring suggestions

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by GodOfGuns, Sep 21, 2022.

1. GodOfGuns

GodOfGuns Lieutenant

EXACTLY
    there are aspects of a ship that are best powered by a passive but weak power source with infinite low-effert power if you wait
    gardens/o2 vents/basic lights/maybe constructors
    now yeah flying a ship on pure sun shouldn't be easy(meaning it should be possible with enough power collector bases) but the complete lack of stable non-consumable fuel without hacky workarounds is bafflingI have had a dead garden and empy fridges a couple times simply because the tanks ran down when a perfectly acceptable alternative would be a couple solar panels under a protective shutter and a parking point that points the panels at the nearest star
    we already have planetary angle and cover efficiency detection
    just tweak the code to update when cockpit lock state changes(the point where the vessel movement is null as it already exists for the cockpit evacuation) and then reinitialize the panel efficiency calc
    this stops shaded panel after moving abuse as you have to enter the cockpit to abuse it and it makes the efficiency refresh when you stop moving
    set to 0 while moving to avoid heavy script load
    this tweak isn't hard to define as the detection systems already exist and having a second call of "refresh" on stop shouldn't hurt cpu too badly especially since movement is one of the hardest things to calculate
    just treat a parked CV like what it is equivelent to, a base
    I still need an orbital base for the furnace(decon was already hacked because fuck you arbitrary lore-inconsistent limits) and a base is much better for my sheild gen and weapons tweaks so it is harder to kill since it can't dodge so I still have a purpose besides starting the first CV to build it and when logistics are added and even AI flight I can send my "BEV" to pick up the auto-mined or auto-farmed bits and restock the station in O2/backup tanks
    I have a dream to be my own polaris sending ships with hired crew and AI to go mine stuff and farm and ship cargo like an Empyrion version of star-trek cargo ships maybe with some borg-like crew that assimilate the zirax who dared treat me like **** when I crashed
    I WANT MY BORG AND AI REVENGE ON THE ZIRAX