Structural Integrity and Block Weight: Are They Related?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Silverback Prime, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Silverback Prime

Silverback Prime Ensign

Ran into an issue this morning, where an existing building collapsed when I replaced a set of blocks of one material with different shapes of blocks of the same material (1/2 or angled blocks with full blocks). This led me to a series of questions while I was driving into work trying to figure out why I just destroyed a large building on my group's shared base.

1. Does the weight of the individual block affect the structural integrity of the overall building?
      • i.e. Is a building with a heavy roof (full blocks) more likely to collapse than a building with a lightweight roof (1/4 blocks)?
    2. Are all blocks equally strong from a structural integrity standpoint?
      • i.e. Can a protrusion of wood extend as far without support as a protrusion of combat steel?
    3. For elevated buildings (such as ones supported by pillars), does material of the pillar determine the integrity of the supported building?
      • i.e. Is a 100% armored concrete building less structurally sound if it's elevated on wooden pillars vs. steel pillars?
      1. For the supports, does using a thick pillar block make it more sturdy than a thin pillar block of the same material?
    4. For the "load-bearing" support items such as floors, ceilings, and external walls, are partial blocks structurally sound as full blocks?
      • i.e. If I construct a structure out of basic concrete using the "thin wall" block shape, is it more or less likely to fall down than a structure of the exact same size and shape constructed using full blocks of basic concrete?
    Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the block's hitpoints vs. weapons or anything, just how likely a building is to collapse due to structural instability based on the block material used and the shape of the block employed.

JayStrider likes this.