Structure collapse debris despawn timer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zaphodikus, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I have always wanted this to be increased, but as far I can figure, not. Also would like to get cool destruction explosions, I miss those, but is an alternative to the short despawn timer a thing in the roadmap?

If SI collapsing of a building creates lots of performance hit, requiring debris despawn as soon possible....then, here's a thought... why even make it mechanically do this, why not merely salvage automatically. Would reduce the amount of code needed to write to render bits of buildings falling off if the multitool is active, you get the salvage instead?

I'm of course assuming that it's not settable, would love, as while underwater, I had more time due to the reduced mobility. TIA.

RedScourge likes this.
  2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Separate random why has nobody asked this question... what happened to the cool menu we used to have that used to let you spawn things into the game like asteroids, wildlife and so on? Sorry, I have been playing this game for tool long, any way to ever get this back using a bit of plugin or modding magic?

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I can see this... the "Portable Black Hole" Mod...

On the multi-tool's radial menu, "Black Hole Mode" : aim at structure and it sucks it all in with a cool twirl and squash animation...

4. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

oh never thought about that option.... hmmmm. I love the options open to us sometimes. :~)