Suggestions for Destruction settings of AI Vessels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeroThinking, Jul 31, 2020.

?

Do you agree with Zero's suggestion?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2023.
  1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

Hi folks, I just wanted to create a clear list of alternative options for the issue of "Spawn, Respawn, Destruction settings of AI Vessels".

Feel free to add to this thread, however please only post clear suggestion, I'm trying to avoid comments/post with no purpose. Cheers.

In my opinion, I preferred having the option to salvage components from enemy ships & stations. Although I do understand that the change to remove this was made for a reason.

I'm not entirely sure of the reason(s) behind this decision and keeping that in mind I have a suggestion, the real question is would my suggestion work or is it not possible due to the initial reason(s) the option to salvage was removed.

My suggestion is, why not have ALL the settings able to be configured by us (through configs for MP servers and through a nice "AI Vessel Setting" page/tab when creating new world for SP). Then by default these settings could be tuned for performance (I'm assuming that was part of the issue) but if we wish we could adjust the settings to out liking... for example I would set (if I could) the time before ship self-destructs after i remove core to maybe 30mins. this would allow me to salvage main components.

Also I'll create a poll, simply for those who read this and agree or disagree but can't be bothered posting/commenting.

Ambaire likes this.
  2. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Agreed. I'd rather that deconstructable enemy block constructions not despawn at all.

ZeroThinking likes this.