Fixed Surface rocks/trees vanish when harvested [01395]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by ravien_ff, Mar 21, 2024.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 4467
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 1234

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Both

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Resources

Summary: Resources vanish with no yield when harvested by survival tool near player spawn when player starts at a POI.

Description: If the player starts at a POI, such as Default Survival's Masperon, or Reforged Eden 2's Roggery, then surface resources near the spawn POI such as rocks and trees will vanish instantly when hit by the survival tool and give no resources.
    Moving away from the spawn POI seems to fix the issue, but the issue will reappear if you move back closer to it.
    Happens in both Default Survival on Masperson, and in Reforged Eden 2 on Roggery. Both planets use the new decoration system but unsure if that is one of the causes.
    I attached a link to a video showing the issue.
    Seems to happen on any seed, but I tested specifically on the seed noted above.
    Only tested in single player.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start a new survival game on Masperon.
    2) Use god mode to get out of the pit you start in.
    3) Use your survival tool to attempt to harvest the resources close to the pit. Some of them will instantly vanish.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Video:

ChiefSgtBradley and Ente like this.
  2. MothHunter

MothHunter Ensign

Additional observations (same setting: vanilla Survival game, Masperon):

- Bug seems independent of POIs and happens anywhere after loading, within a small radius (~30-50m?)
    - happens independent of damage source (tested with assault rifle and chainsaw on both trees and rocks/ores)
    - does not seem to happen with objects that were damaged before quitting and loading

cmguardia likes this.
  3. Ellonim

Ellonim Ensign

I can confirm this also happens on Akua and Ningues. Seems to happen within a certain distance of where the game was loaded, regardless of where the save load was.

cmguardia likes this.
  4. Teralitha

Teralitha Ensign

So I think the issue is that already harvested rocks and trees will sometimes re-appear when reloading a save game. Likely has to be very recently harvested resources followed by quitting and reloading. Seems like an out-of-synch- thing.