SV Bed/bunk

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bollen, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Since SVs are so crucial now to early game, it would be great if we could have a bunk/bed for it so we don't have to go camping every time it's night time...

Thank you!

Ambaire and Track Driver like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Yes, please...Zzzzzzzzzz!
    And while we're at it, could we get adjustable sleeptime. IRL, I might piss away the first few hours of daylight (old age and general laziness). However, in the game I like to be up at the crack of dawn. I can seldom afford to lose 1-2hours of daylight.

Ambaire and Bollen like this.
  3. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

I >think< one reason they don’t do this may be that sleeping through the night cuts an hour off of factory build times. So even though we can use the command screen to spawn things immediately, if someone was playing with those spawn times “for real” people could just sleep until their massive ship or whatever is complete

4. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Ah that's interesting, I've never noticed that before... When I want a BP done quicker I usually just circle the planet to the next night zone and have a nap...:D

ChumSickle likes this.
  5. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

Any particular reason you do not just use Spot Lights and work through the night?

6. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Yup! Usually I love "working" through the night (both in real life and in the game...;)) but when for example I want to attack a Zirax base, I much prefer to do it in the day time for visibility reasons... In fact there are few activities, all involving potential danger, that I prefer to do in daytime!

Track Driver likes this.
  7. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, but I did forget to mention that I currently only play SP. I understand that there may be a problem for MP in making sleep time a variable function.
    before the advent of sleep, I had a shipyard with light towers all around. Spot lights would have been nice, but they only work on vessels. I have yet to build a ship-building ship. Perhaps one day.

8. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Well, my reasoning may be completely wrong, and the only reason they havent added beds to them is just because they never thought people would want them. Technically, sleeping doesnt do much, thats why I also assume beds are just in the "decorations" category. Personally, I think they should be there, so I am with ya. Lets add em. I have seen some builds in the factory where people have used standard blocks and colors to make things look like beds, but of course the functionality isnt there.

Track Driver and Bollen like this.
  9. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

Fair enough, i can understand that reasoning for dealing with creatures and people. Although i have had more luck dealing with Turrets that need Ship Guns to kill in Night Attacks because of how much glow they tend to have.

Track Driver and Bollen like this.