UPDATED Tales of Tash - Missing POI on Masperon

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by RoJ, Nov 14, 2022.

1. RoJ

RoJ Ensign

Hello,
    I am cruising along with Tales of Tash, but I am unable to find the 4th lost log on Masperon.
    I checked the console at one of the other locations, and what I missing is a "Shack (next to Font of Knowledge)" the Font of Knowledge on this map is on a mountaintop, and there's no shack next to it.
    Is it possible that it did not spawn due to terrain?
    Is there maybe a console command to get me the datapad so I can move on?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Can you open the console and type in "stats" (without " ) and attach a screenshot of the info that you get? Thx!

Pach likes this.
  3. RoJ

RoJ Ensign

Here you go:

Thanks for your attention.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    Pach likes this.
  4. RoJ

RoJ Ensign

Update! I went to the 4th moon (barren) to just get the logs there. Getting the 13th log out of the obelisk unlocked 13 and then 12 (game paused for me to read it both times).
    So... I am okay now? I am not sure what happened.

Mysterious, these obelisks.

Pach likes this.
  5. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

You may also try this console command on Masperon:
    Code:
    find Shack
    If it brings up nothing, that it did not spawn‥ But if it does, something like:
    Found 'Shack' at (2602.5, 68.8, 4.1): id=1048
    Use these coordinates given and you may write in console:
    Code:
    Marker add name=Shack pos=X,Y,Z opt=W
    Where "X,Y,Z" are the coordinates given by find command, put only integers there without decimal values. This will add a waypoint to the Shack.

Hmm… Feels like the devs got things sorted for cases when one of the "Tales of Tash" structures is not spawned, that's nice.

6. RoJ

RoJ Ensign

Thanks for letting me close the loop on that. It definitely didn't spawn, then:

[​IMG]

7. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Well and just in case we misspelled "Shack" or it should be named somehow else, you may try the near match "find s" and see what's on the list.

But, yeah, 99% for it being absent.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  8. RoJ

RoJ Ensign

Alright, I went back and tried some more, and even just searched every vowel alone to see every POI via find (Silly, but it made me feel better). I saw no shack.
    I also tried
    Code:
    ents --all
    and had seen every POI there (that wasn't a pangolin) except one wood cabin that was a regular-ol' random POI.

So no shack, as far as I can see. I'm glad something in there tripped me over once I reached Skillion.
    I'll keep watching this thread, but I am already continuing with my planetary adventure, so I am okay for now.

Thanks for the help, and let me know if I can provide other info if you need to track down some bug.

9. The Android

The Android Lieutenant

Sorry to jump in late on this one, but I've just hit the same issue except I said "no" to the prompt to read the log (I was getting attacked as I grabbed it). Unfortunately it was the final log and now I'm stuck on 15 of 16 logs with no way (that I can find) to get the 16th log to activate.

There might need to be a "refresh" on the log activation. I've also had the issue noted above (I can't remember if it was the same location/log) but I have had two logs activate in sequence after picking up a new log.

teammate likes this.
  10. The Android

The Android Lieutenant

Figured out the work around myself. Give yourself an extra "Datapad" token and that will activate the one that didn't open.

Console command: give item Token 9981

Eranderil Nix Grey and Pach like this.
  11. Eranderil Nix Grey

Eranderil Nix Grey Ensign

I had FOUR Tash structures and an activator fail to spawn. Question: Did you guys increase the spawn rates of ores, or leave them default?