PLZ Retest and Re-Report Talon Mission - The Legacy

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Relo@d, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

Dedicated server - Alpha 10.4

Talon Story Chapter one - Tales of the past
    - The Legacy
    * Speak to Prisoner
    * Leave Prison

___

When doing this part the PDA says Im need to deactivate the force field around the prisoner to speak with him. When moving around to look for some switch to do this suddenly I pass a sensor that makes the prison and the prisoner explode. Now I dont have any prisoner to speak with and can not continue the mission.

What am I missing? A bug or error with that sensor?

TalonBoom.jpg

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am afraid i am not able to see what is going wrong here. The Prisoner Talk and the activating of the Explosive blocks happen at the same time, so, looking at the screenshot, there should be no way for them to explode at that point (as they are inactive until you pull the lever on the inside)...

Did this happen multiple times or only once? Maybe this happened in a mid-version build where sensors had some problems. I would recommend to check with a new savegame (as i am not able to reproduce with the most recent version)

3. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

The Multiplayer senario was started new at A10 and is now the version in the image 10.4.0 2545. Im not 100% sure how I manage this but I think I could open the door and the mission info changed to "Switch the lever". Instead of liiking in the cell I walked around and ended up above when the explosion happend. I manually finished the quest after since there was no prisoner left to talk to.

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Ok, thx. I ll do another check - possibly it is only broken in MP (Your description indicates that the sensors were already online when you entered - this shouldnt be the case. But if this happens, the Prison will explode too soon)

5. felionous

felionous Ensign

Got this same bug. Going from memory here so I may be hard to follow. Found the prison and prisoner but did not follow signal to source. Opened prison. spoke to prisoner and looted cryo chamber, withdrew past wooden post as I knew prison was supposed to explode. No explosion. Spoke to prisoner again. Still no explosion. Flipped switch in prison and began deconstructing prison for resources. Prison now explodes. Looted resources. No quest guide to village, noticed quest guide is to signal. Found and looted signal. Now directed by quest guide to speak with prisoner but prisoner is gone. Village elder will not speak to me.

I think the origin of the bug is speaking with the prisoner before finding the signal on the container. Try to recreate the bug that way.

6. Hawktalon

Hawktalon Ensign

Bit of thread necromancy, this happened to me in the current build yesterday. No mods, single player. I went into the cell, did not talk to the prisoner. Flicked the switch on the wall and the prison exploded and killed me. I respawn Ed and returned, prison and prisoner have exploded. I still have ‘talk to the prisoner’.

7. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The ToTP mission will be redone nearly completely with 1.5 ;) (Adressing also feedback as yours)