Talon quest: Diving fun; where are fish?

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by SentientTaco, Jun 3, 2022.

1. SentientTaco

SentientTaco Ensign

Working on some quest trials for this phase release... I am in deep water and got the notification that this is a quest location... trying to find fish to spear with the crossbow and not having any luck. Anyone else run into this?

2. SentientTaco

SentientTaco Ensign

Found them near the shore of a lake... not in the deep water as suggested in the quest description. Maybe I was looking too low under water..?

3. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Yeah they are supposed to be only in the deep areas, but that's not what I've been seeing.

For me they have been exclusively at the shore (like you), or they are on land clipping in and out of the terrain.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am giving the hint of the deep water as they reliably spawn there. They do not spawn always nearby the shores I am afraid.

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  5. Bronwin

Bronwin Ensign

I found the fish in the deep water, but they were swimming along the surface. I spent a very long time searching the bottom before I thought to check the surface.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Hm.. the "deep water" is the biome. Maybe I need to reword that a bit.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

There is a weird mechanic I have discovered: The first 2 fishes will yield you the required item, one more to go. Then I kill other 8 fishes but all I get is meat. At some point I remove the meat from my inventory and back-in again, this will trigger and get me the missing item for the mission completion. I figure without doing that I could have gone on chasing fishes eternally, good thing is I could sell the meat afterwards.

(Regular version 1.82 on Akua).

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Currently the quest system does not check every pickup (and sometimes not 100% reliable). Will be changed for 1.8.5 - sry for the inconveneince.