Help needed The new start is nice but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christianholmes, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

How to do Advance the game if there is no gold. I actually got a base built on skillon, got a fighter built and flew around the the other planets but there are two things missing:

Gold, magnesium, or even platinumdepsots. No trader to buy them. I CANNOT GO FURTHER. Why? I have light armor and I need the space booster thing or I freeze to death on Ningues or in space, or even on Skillon. And I can't make missiles without magnesium.

Was this even beta tested?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    akimzav likes this.
  2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

You're beta-testing it right now - we all are.

Alpha-Two testing was done in the Experimental Branch, and Alpha-One testing was done in-house.

While Eleon may have removed the "Early Access" tag, this is still very, very much a game-in-development, not a polished, on-the-shelves, finished product.

I believe what you're referring to is the EV Booster, however, you do have other options. A couple Multi-Boost modules should keep you warm enough, as will a portable heater when not travelling in a vessel. If you are travelling via vessel, add a Ventilator, as these also perform other environmental control functions as well, like keeping you warm, and, most importantly, ensure your vessel is completely air-tight, as you won't just hemorrhage air, but also heat.

That said, no amount of missiles will keep you warm, except for the split-second when one blows you completely up, so I wouldn't worry much about Magnesium just yet.

3. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

I don't quite remember which one was, but on Akua doing some missions for Talon will reward you some gold ingot, 2 per mission.

4. Grummen

Grummen Ensign

So here's what you do: 1) Make lots of the hot beverage 2) Make fuel and pentaxid crystals 3) Go to the asteroid field and find the destroyed small vessel 4) warp to one of those other planets. I can't remember at the moment which one but one of them always has [Col] Orbital Trade Station. There they have gold AND the EVA booster.

I do miss the old days where everything was either on or in orbit of your starting planet but at least in this version they don't generally leave you completely stranded if you know where to look. It does kind of suck that you either have to raid a neutral faction's freighter or cheat to get a warp capable cv prior to level 10 though.

5. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Kage848 found gold rocks on Akua in yesterday's video. Try looking around the borders with the poles.

Christianholmes likes this.
  6. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Ok, thanks, I'll try that. Even with a few multi-boosters in enough, I want the EV module.

7. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

You might also try snow-capped mountains, I just found one there.

8. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Yeah, this bothers me. When a game goes out of early access it should be feature complete. Beta testing should be done just to find bugs. The games feels as unpolished as it did 6 years ago in alpha 3. Seriously. It's incredibly unbalanced. Want to make $1,000,000 and buy your way through the game? Get 100 iron. Make tens dozens of sniper rifles. Sell those to trader for $3200 each. Buy all the ore from the talon trader. I mean... come on.... I cannot think of a reason I'd mine anything. Fly down to a planet with zascosium and erestrum, drop an autominer and fly home. Come back later and win.

9. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Seems to make for a really good argument for removing the Autominer entirely.

I'll be honest, I pretty much never use them anyways, they're pretty close to useless. In the time it takes an autominer to deplete its fuel, I can mine 100x the same amount of ore from asteroids - or more if it's common ores.

Khazul likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Captain

But they are still adding features to the game. It's good that they are still working and expanding the game.

You can play the game how you like. Personally I think there should be more choices on how you play and more options for modding. People whinge about other players digging tunnels to get to POI's and call it cheating, even though it's been a good strategy for hundreds of years.
    The game has lots of potential to be a great game. You don't have to build and then sell loads of weapons to the traders, but if you want to then the option is there. Different people have different playing styles and as I've said many times, choices are good.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You don't need an EVA boost. You never have.
    You can mine from within your ship using your drone.

Khazul likes this.
  12. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I wasn't going to mine, I was going to activate the destroyed station to teleport to Omicron.