The reason I don't play anymore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hazzikaze, Jun 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hazzikaze

Hazzikaze Ensign

Okay, to be fair, I haven't really played Empyrion in a while...maybe a year or so. (or even longer)

But one of the main reasons I stopped playing is because of the creatures/entities within the game.
    I know there's an option to have no creatures whatsoever, but that's boring. However, the regular damage-dealing and non-damage dealing creatures are just so creepy and crawly to me. I'm a huge arachnophobic and just a wimp in general when it comes to dangerous monsters the likes I've never seen before. (and bear with me here...) even rarely some of the NPCs within space stations.

I think there should be a specific creature toggle. Like a menu where you can specifically see and choose which creatures/NPCs spawn and which don't. I've been very lightly following the development of the game since I stopped playing and I'm starting to gain interest again. But, pretty much the only thing keeping me from playing is the lack of features like this one.

I'd love to play again...but only with the above. Hopefully a dev reads this. Thank you.

TL;DR: Add an specific NPC Toggle feature, Not only the option to disable all creatures.

2. Senti

Senti Lieutenant

I've got a buddy who likes the game a lot but doesn't like to play because of the spiders. Arachnaphobia mode wouldn't be a bad feature, turn the spiders into worms or something, but honestly it'd be nicer to have things more alien than giant versions of earth creatures.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  3. TrashMan

TrashMan Commander

Here I was expecting you to say that the universe feels sterile and boring (factions don't really interact, no ship combat, no NPC combat).
    That is my main flaw of the game

4. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

The first action to take towards adding any feature like this would be to consult an appropriately accredited professional about the problem.

5. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

There have been a few mods made to remove the spiders for those of you who can't handle imaginary spiders made of points of light. It is incredibly unlikely Eleon will ever implement a toggle of this sort. Have you considered Aversion Therapy? It can be incredibly effective at dealing with arachnophobia, ophidiophobia, or even that really weird one that seems to be nearly exclusively European, misophonia.