The Ship Sharing Thread

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by WolfAmaril, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I have a bad habit of fussing over every inch of a build... every texture, color, block... its why it took me so damn long to make that medium sized CV :(

2. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

HAHAHAH, Valid point, but it is covered in point 937 A section 24 Paragraph 18 of the user manual, so no problem

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. futontorpedo

futontorpedo Commander

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Oddly no .... but after having seen so many sci-fi movies and shows, it no doubt crept in during creation. Like influences from Lost in Space, B5, Farscape, Aliens... the list is massive and its hard to supress what might surface haha!

Neonin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

LOL ya think our Race is Intelligent enough to read Instruction Books? The Naivete is real! Some of our People aren't even Literate! *CoughPoliticiansCough* :p

6. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Ah yes, but we covered that likelihood with InfoHoloDisc X123000.ffaec Chapter ... I'll just shoot myself now

7. Tyrax Lightning

Been awhile since i've had something to Share. Look what I just got done:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I was taking the Screenies, partway through, an Otyugh wandered by & showed me that I forgot to do initial Maintenance on the Turrets. It was interesting watching my Ammoless Turrets I had not Interacted with at all let alone seek to 'Activate' get so bloodthristy all of a sudden. XD (Now I wonder if it's only CV Turrets being lethargic...)

P.S. Yes it's Vitals are vulnerable from the back, but it's an improvement compared to the first Hunter Miner I literally just lazily slapped together, eh? ;)

Edit: & now here's its Workshop Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704276268

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Neonin and Bigfeet like this.
  8. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Sneak peek at the Modesto Mk I CV currently undergoing some mods which might see it released to the general galactic public as the Modesto Mk II ....

Attached Files:

Neonin, Tyrax Lightning and Bigfeet like this.
  9. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Looks very smooth, Ed.
    Not that crazy after all. ;)

10. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

HAHAHAHAH, why thank you. there is a lot of glass tho, so you may wish to rethink the not crazy part !
    This one is a curious mix of style and functionality garnished with some plain old strange decisions

11. Tyrax Lightning

Don't forget that it's dangerous to run too much Glass, from a Game Performance perspective.

12. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

It seems to have negligible impact, i can see how it could go pear ship with multiple glassy structures tho. Currently what killsmy fps the most is lights and (i'm assuming) the fogs found on Masperon /Aitis / Aestus.
    To be fair its an old 560 ti that would love to be replaced by a 1080 :)

13. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

The Modesto MkII undergoing its shakedown and destructive tests.. :(
    On the plus side, the implementation of redundancy has paid off, with one primary and secondary nacelle almost completely destroyed, as well as some other major damage, it was still flyable, and not badly either...

Attached Files:

14. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Not quite ready for release just yet as I haven't finished texturing/colouring the interior, but my latest creation: the G.E.N.E Emissary-Class Shuttle:

emissary.png

Heavily inspired by the Runabout class of ships from Star Trek. G.E.N.E stands for Grenwich Electronics & Nautical Engineering and the acronym is, of course, an homage to Gene Roddenberry. Emissary-class in tribute to Deep Space 9 where most Runabouts were seen.

Seats six plus one pilot, eight cargo boxes, eight O2 tanks plus one dispenser, four fridges, six RCS, four fuel tanks, and two generators. Just as efficient in atmosphere as it is in space, and it just fits into my Phoenix-class carrier... That's more by accident than design though!

CrazyEd, Tyrax Lightning and Necra like this.
  15. Necra

Necra Commander

I see it, you kept the bridge slope and the cross over struts for the nacells.
    very nice

16. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

The Modesto Mk II CV, a medium size general purpose CV for the discerning galactic traveler.
    [​IMG]
    Here at Wolfworx Consortium we pride ourselves in many things, producing ships that actually fly is one of them.
    Surprising (even to us) this one flies rather well.

It is a great all rounder for long months spent away from your home base.

It has a semi organic skeleton design featuring these points:
    [​IMG]
    An underhung pilot cockpit giving unparalleled visibility for planetary landings
    [​IMG]
    A secondary cockpit for emergency situations (such as being under attack)
    [​IMG]
    A design that is modular and redundant so that even when taking huge amounts of damage it will keep flying.

A well equipped engineering section with dual constructors.
    [​IMG]
    A generous food growing facility to keep you well fed.
    [​IMG]
    A small twin vessel hangar for small to medium ships.

A large twin vessel hangar for larger ships.

A huge cargo area that can be equipped with many cargo boxes, or whatever you would like really.
    [​IMG]
    The latest warp drive technology.
    [​IMG]
    A couple of surprises here and there.

Cost is in the screen shots.
    [​IMG]
    Please don't copy, modify and distribute without permission. Feel free to like comment and subscribe as the force leads you.

Footnote, for those of you who read :D
    This is the MKII Rev 1 version, why Revision 1 you ask ? Well to be perfectly honest, an employee who shall remain nameless sent the only working MKII for destructive testing, Instead of the pre construction model as intended.

Needless to say he is now shoveling **** on Ningues and will never be seen again, we hope.
    The only difference between the two is this one is all hardened steel, which isn't a terrible thing as the mass went up by only 4 kT .. where as the vanilla MKII was 95% normal steel and Hardened only in certain places.
    Ahh well

Krenios and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Tyrax Lightning

Long ago, peeps Commented that they missed my old Flying Fist SV. Now she has 2 Descendants...:

Front View:
    [​IMG]

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]

Rear View:
    [​IMG]

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]

Top View:
    [​IMG]

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]

Resource Cost to Factory Spawn:
    [​IMG]

I stuck the Closed Passenger Seats in just cause I could. :p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708360418

She also has a Big Sis...:
    [​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708363642

Krenios, CrazyEd and Necra like this.
  18. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Right, this is a bit unusual for me
    I have released a small family of SV's, and for some reason decided to release the prototype as well...
    [​IMG]
    So brace yourselves for the Retaliator Mk I - Prototype, Mk II (Nice entry level), Mk III and the big sister Mk IV
    [​IMG]
    The design is based on my fear of exploding fuel tanks, so they are all outboard in nacelles.
    [​IMG]
    They are all 'multi role' which basically means they were built in a live game, and thus had to function in my day to day life - be it bug hunting, mining or chasing down alien ass hats...

They can be found here:
    Mk I
    Mk II
    Mk III
    Mk IV

Krenios, Neonin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Been a bit busy lately but I found some time to start making Yet Another SV. I'm mostly happy with the shape now, just have to find time to fill in the internals, texture, paint, and release :p

383120_20160628111728_1.png

Tyrax Lightning and CrazyEd like this.
  20. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

So after mucking about an entire day on an idea i had last night, I have a mostly functional CV.
    Cons : It's huge, will probably suck fuel, it looks a bit **** far too many straight lines ?
    Pros, I really like my vertical access hangar door, and some of the detailing

So now I sit thinking do I just bin it or not

[​IMG]

[​IMG]