The Ship Sharing Thread

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by WolfAmaril, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Lieutenant

Well, I'm about 97% done with my CV but unfortunately I can't load my save after the update today so here's a teaser screenshot I took yesterday. More shots after a fix is released. You can also see the new Mark IV version of my SV, the "StormRaiser". It's a lighter version of my old Mark-II SV.

The MK-I was destroyed over lava on Aestus.
    The MK-II Was lost due to a forced Windows Update closing the game when I wasn't around.
    The MK-III Fell to Omicron from Space.

God willing I'll be able to hang on to the MK-IV for a while.... This is getting annoying.
    View attachment 965
    Also, my CV's parked slightly behind the asteroid field, not in front of it.

2. Sure

Sure Commander

Nick likes this.
  3. Landstryder

Landstryder Ensign

I humbly present you with the Hornet class small vessel. Built for battle, great for scouting and capable of exploration. The ship has 1 generator, 2 RCS units, 1 forward facing thruster, 2 rear thrusters, 2 fuel tanks, 1 directional thruster for up, left and right, 2 directional thrusters down, 2 cargo containers, oxygen station, 2 oxygen tanks, and a constructor on the rear. It also includes 3 gatling guns and 4 rocket launchers. I feel this configuration is great for a general starter ship, and uses minimal resources to construct making it perfect for beginners. Latter the guns can be upgraded, and the constructor could be swapped for more rear engines if you desire faster acceleration.

4. Vitriks

Vitriks Commander

Made a light 8t vessel Interceptor

5. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

6. Sure

Sure Commander

7. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Thanks! No, I tried the fireball, Hoth and Tatooine, and the ship disappeared upon re-entry each time. I'm not sure if that's a bug, or a design flaw on my part. Or i don't know how to fly.

8. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

nice works! :D but i think i love the red ship by yhossarian

Tyrax Lightning and yhossarian like this.
  9. Decate

Decate Ensign

10. Mannymanstein

Mannymanstein Ensign

me too, I love designs that remind me of old school side scrolling shooter games

11. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

12. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Lieutenant

Update time! First Up. Here is the "Assault Carrier Ziranas" My flagship. Gundam fans may recognize it as somewhat of a clone of the General Revil. The interiors, paint, lighting and finishing touches aren't completed yet, but I can show off the hull.

View attachment 1012 View attachment 1013 View attachment 1014 View attachment 1015 View attachment 1016

So, this is the StormRaiser MK-V. The MK-IV was almost lost due to the patch this morning but after finding a way to recover it, I discovered that the recovery method I'd found was capable of A LOT more...

View attachment 1005 View attachment 1008 View attachment 1009 View attachment 1010

So this SV is equipped with 2 CV Pulse Cannons (Yes, the extra powerful ones meant for a CV).
    A full size CV/Base Fuel Tank and CV/Base Air Tank, with powered doors to access them.
    A Full size CV/Base Oxygen Station and a Medic Station.
    2 Automatic or Manually controlled Gatling Turrets.
    A full size Fridge.
    A Large Constructor.
    Vents covering each directional thruster.

I'm sure you noticed some ridiculousness in the backgrounds (or the whole ship in the case of the StormRaiser MK-V) of some of these shots... Like the Crashed Hyperion as a flyable CV in space. You may be saying to yourself "HEY! I WANT THAT!" Well you're in luck. I wrote a guide to all of it here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/g...vehicles-and-bases-much-more.1302/#post-13303

13. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

nice one! :D the CV is looks like a really nice CV with a 3d model of freespace 2 i think. xD good work! :D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  14. cdgmaboroshi

cdgmaboroshi Ensign

I made a Bus of DEATH with a help of some fellow players on Landongam3r's multiplayer server.

It carries 15 players max.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Juantamad

Juantamad Ensign

My first try on creating a decent ship. Credits to Vidicus for the original design.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

the black/red ship is rly nice! :D

17. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

18. Juantamad

Juantamad Ensign

19. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

look up! :) anyone begun in a game, so i did it too. the combine between design and effective comes with the time. how longer you play
    the game, so better will be the creations of ship design :) i begun with a square for long time ago with my first spacegame. from the
    square it get a design from a polygon. the polygon was better than a square and i add some triangles to the polygon. i look in the internet
    around for some ships because freespace 2 was my ,,old,, favorite in ship designs. :) so you build better and better ship for time to time, positive in effective and design. :) so all ships are good when you see this way.

Tyrax Lightning and Juantamad like this.
  20. RockinSince87

RockinSince87 Lieutenant

Dragonfly like ship from the Movie - Oblivion

It's purely for fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot a closer pic...WITH PAINT
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015