This site Does not respond for hours some days.

Discussion in 'Site / Forum Help & Feedback' started by joebooie, Dec 6, 2015.

1. joebooie

joebooie Ensign

I've spend three days trying to post a bug report simply because this website would NOT load.
    the only reason I mention this is because if many other people are having the same problem we may be missing out on many buy reports as people get just annoyed and give up.
    if this is a server power/cost thing maybe Eleon Game Studios could pay a bit into the upkeep as they don't have an official forum this is the best they have, and the ONLY way to send in bug reports.

2. Nova Scorpion

Nova Scorpion Lieutenant

I believe you can also email them.

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

There server has never been a problem for me, download PINGPLOTTER free and run a hop trace to there server and see if you have a bad hop on the way to there server, pingplotter will tell you this.

What is your ISP like ?
    Your connection speed and download limit not exceeded ?

Not from China or North Korea ?

4. joebooie

joebooie Ensign

im from the uk and have 110mbps down and 15mbps up.

5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Did you download PingPlotter and do a trace to the forum which I think is in Europe somewhere ?

Pingplotter will show you if you have a bad 'hop'.

A hop is just a server or junction it travels through to get to its destination.

You may have a 2000ms hop in your path, which will just drop packets all over the place, time out and drop connections.

The Eleon forum server has never failed for me since day one. Im in Australia, further than you are to server.

6. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

I have the very same issue with the forum, and this forum only .
    Started right after the free weekend thingy. I live in Belgium, neighboring Germany, wich i presume the serverhost is located.
    A 100 meg mbps, didn't had any problem before that free weekend. First i thought the traffic was to high, now i don't know what to think anymore. Tends to load bit faster (or less refreshes) when i open every seperate thread i want to access in a new tab.
    So can this pingplotter actually help or does it just detect ?

7. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Sounds like there might be a nasty hop somewhere. It should not be us but does not mean a big main line is effecting it. If it is then it's a pretty big scale too because our server is hosted in one the biggest DC's in Quebec that services millions of people around the world.

8. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Well downloaded this program just now and took a screenshot.
    Not sure how to read this correctly but it seems hop 3 isn't even detected with a 100% packetloss behind it ?

Attached Files:

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

3 is most likely a bridge, nothing to concern yourself with. I have one right outside my house lol.

What is most concerning is the amount of packet loss (the huge red bars) entirely during pings (meaning they never came back from the destination). This can usually lead to a website responding like total crap. The more overall packet loss, the more hangs in page loads and overall nasty behavior.