[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's maybe a temporary solution for EPD, but you are missing all the stock prefabs in game, if you don't have the folder. :)

Use 'Verify game files' via Steam should fix your installation:
    Right click on Emyprion in your steam library, click on properties->Local files-> Verify INtegrity of game files.

That should fix your folders. :)

/jmc

2. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Will be in v2.
    Full 3D rotating/zooming/moving, adding playfield/orbits graphically, ...

But still VERY rough pre-alpha. :)

upload_2017-11-27_18-13-2.png

Thank you for the kind offer, but i don't feel comfortable taking money for it. I'm doing this as a hobby, to become better in programming and to support the community. It's enough thanks for me, if it's useful to people. :)

/jmc

Nightring, Needleship, Kyodai and 4 others like this.
  3. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

that's where it's at, any pointers on making custom POI's ? Want to make one but when i look for the spawners and alien guns etc.. i have no luck finding them, god i feel like a noob lmao

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I'm not sure i fully understand. :)
    You have to create a custom POI in the game (creative mode) first, that's where you place your player spawner, loot, etc.

In EPD you then only define postion, type, properties and such of the custom POI, you previously have created in the game first.

But maybe i misunderstood you there. What are you trying to achieve exactly with the custom POI?

/jmc

5. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

was just trying to create a POI and learning the basics with it type of thing. Learned how to make the sectors and playfields now onto the POIs :)

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ah i see. The alien guns/NPC spawners and such are in the 'Alien Blocks' submenu (right click on red alien core block). But those are only available in creative mode.

/jmc

7. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

forgot about that lol thanks

8. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

so got my poi done but is there a problem with turrets (alien) not firing ? silly questions but i can't seem to figure it out lol

9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Did you use an alien core (red) in your POI?

How did you set it up in EPD? As a random POI or a fixed one?

Using fixed setup works as follows:
    upload_2017-11-27_21-31-11.png

BA_Alien as type
    Prefab: Name of your POI
    Mode Survival

When using a random setup:
    Just pick your POI and set POI Type to 'Base (Default)'

If that doesn't work, you can upload your playfield (renamed to .txt) here and i'll check it out.

/jmc

10. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Nice, maybe a preview with texture for the 3D view of the playfield if possible but I don’t know if we take more memory.
    Also your fix the problem with your raw editor (yes I know, there are a link to a post with a alternative option) ?

Also is possible to have different mode game (Survival, Creative) for the same POI ?

11. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Thats exciting!!

12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Thank you for your hard work on this! You're opening doors for people who find it a PITA to edit .yamls.

13. draeller82

draeller82 Ensign

I solved everything, now everything works, I did confuse myself, your editor is simply wonderful and easy to use, compliments!

14. oliasyohans1979

oliasyohans1979 Ensign

can't chang EscapePod start item if ichang it noting going on ? plz give me some tip upload_2017-12-23_12-41-43.png
    upload_2017-12-23_12-43-17.png

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

The escape pod cant be changed. Its build in the game files we cant access.
    U can only change player inventory or personal container

jmcburn likes this.
  16. oliasyohans1979

oliasyohans1979 Ensign

how can chang start item? what is wrong ?
    FixedPlayerStart:
    - Mode: Survival
    Spawn: EscapePod
    Items: ["AkuaWine, Pistol, 50Caliber:500, Medikit02:3, AntidotePills:3, EmergencyRations:4, Drill, Chainsaw, BioFuel:15, ConstructorSurvival, EnergyCell:5, OreScanner", "AkuaWine, Pistol, 50Caliber:150, Medikit02:2, AntidotePills:2, EmergencyRations:2, Drill, Chainsaw, BioFuel:10, ConstructorSurvival, EnergyCell:4, OreScanner", "AkuaWine, Pistol, 50Caliber:100, Medikit02, AntidotePills, EmergencyRations, Drill, Chainsaw, BioFuel:5, ConstructorSurvival, EnergyCell:3", "#FreshStart: Pistol, 50Caliber:250, Drill, Chainsaw, BioFuel:15, ConstructorSurvival, OreScanner"]
    Armor: ArmorLight

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  17. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Seriously, you make a screenshot of a screenshot?!

Since your BioFuel amount doesnt match ANY of the settings, one might assume it has 'loaded' the drill and the chainsaw automaticly, in which case the 3 biofuels would put you on 'hard' setting.

Is that right, do you play on hard?

EDIT2:
    Yikes, I see the bullets are strange too...
    Sorry oliasyohans.

EDIT:
    Aaaand I forgot my own question...
    Not sure if its EPD (1.36.1.0 -> latest download link) or the EGS 7.5.6 patch, as i tried EPD just today the very first time.

My biggest cocern is this:
    playfield.txt -> Description:
    Code:
    "[c][e0e020]Origin: %Origin%[-][/c]\n[c][d29818]Difficulty: Easy[-][/c]\nPlanet Description"
    Ingame visible:
    Code:
    BTVELXTHQWDL
    Similar issues with POI's.

I assume there is a version conflict now :(

jmcburn likes this.
  18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

As @Taelyn already said, you can't control the Escape Pod content itself, but your player's inventory based on your game's difficulty setting with the four lists of items. So depending on what your difficulty setting is, the game will pick the corresponding list on a new games' (escape pod) start.

Which playfield template did you change?

The one in Content\Playfields\YourTemplateName\, the one in your Saves\Games\NewGameXX\Templates\YourTemplateName\ or the one in Saves\Games\NewGameXX\Playfields\YouTemplateName\?

If you already started a savegame, you have to edit the playfields in the Saves folder. Therefore you have to delete the playfield\YouTemplateName folder.

Important: You will lose all your savegames' progress then!!

Otherwise edit the one in pcontent\playfields\YourTemplateName\ and then start a new game with your template.

You did edit the 'sectors.yaml' file too, right? Just to be sure. :)

Hope this helps. :)

/jmc

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That looks like you used the playfield randomizer. Did you click on the top-right 'GO!' button?

Then every single textstring in the playfield.yaml gets replaced to and arbitrary sequence of letters that look like the description string you have now.

I don't recall any changes in playfield descriptions or anything like that since i started working on EPD.
    Can you please recheck, if your playfield.yaml still looks right. i can't imagine that it still does. :)

Otherwise, you could upload your playfield.yaml here renamed to playfield.txt and i'll check it for you.

EDIT: Did you click out of the textbox with the description and into any other control before you hit 'Save'?`
    Otherwise changes won't get saved to the yaml, as the update function only works on the 'LostFocus' event of the textbox.

/jmc

20. oliasyohans1979

oliasyohans1979 Ensign

issue solve :) Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Scenarios\Default Multiplayer\Playfields this is right playfields have to work thank you all for help and support merry christmas have a nice holiday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.