[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok. They are probably typos, since I took the names from the images in the EPD Deco folder, and I just checked in some dynamic.yaml and names are different (ex. image shows "ElderBerryBushGreen" and file shows "ElderberryBushGreen"). I hope we will get the "deco+textures" reference file Hummel promised us a while ago...

Also this :

Decorations: # Decoration name, spawning chance, spawning distribution pattern (choose from: Free, Plant, BigPlant, Tree)

I can only guess that these "placement patterns" refer to "spacing" between deco items. There is no explanation on this in the example playfields. Is there anywhere we can find this ?

And this :

Grass: # Grass name, density, y scale, spawning distribution pattern (choose from: GrassDense)

Are there any other distribution patterns available ?

@jmcburn : when I save a yaml with the EPD it removes all comments I made in the file. Is there a way to prevent this ?

Also regarding the "typo" problem I mentioned up here, I just checked in the "Playfield Reference Sheet v1.01" and some names I used are not working (and not the same in the yamls).

https://empyriononline.com/threads/handbook-playfield-reference-sheet-v0-1.12646/

Where can I get the complete list of items with proper capitalization ?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The only explanation I remember seeing is that they change what other deco they will spawn near. Choosing Tree will, in theory, cause that deco to appear near anything flagged as a "tree".

As to what exactly counts as each type, I am not sure. Selecting Free seems to randomly place it all over with a very high probability, while choosing the other options drastically lowers the spawning chances usually. You can also leave it blank, but I don't know what the default behavior is.

I thought I remember seeing some more in EPD but I didn't notice any difference so I always left it on the GrassDense.

Yes some of those have typos and it's definitely not a complete list.

@Needleship might have some better answers than I.

Kassonnade likes this.
  3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Yeah, the deco image folder could contain typos. Honestly, I never checked them for spelling. I just got them as they are and update them with new ones, if there are any. So I would not suggest picking names from them. Might also be that there are some in, that don't exist anymore, as I don't delete old ones. Will try and fix them though, if I find the ones with the typos. But the names including spelling in EPD should work, unless they changed something and didn't tell me. :D

Before A8, there were more patterns, but I think they got dropped, when they switched over to the new grass in A8. EPD still has all the grass patterns in, but I would not suggest to use them. Haven't found any planet lately, that uses anything else but GrassDense.

Sorry, not possible. Tried it a few times already, but for that to work, I would need to write my own Yaml Parser, because the one I (and also Empyrion) use, can't write comments and ignores them on read. And I want to stay 100% compatible to the yamls of the game.

/jmc

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Kassonnade, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

I dont suppose there is a way to convert fixed playfield.yamls to dynamic/static.yamls is there? I would just have to manually enter the appropriate fields from one type to the other in EPD, I guess?

5. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry, no it's not possible to auto convert fixed playfields into dynamic/static ones with EPD, as the two types work very differently in some aspects.

/jmc

Space Ghost likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

I figured, just looking at them separately is hard enough! All good. Thanks!

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

8. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

Attached Files:

9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the report.

Could you please upload epd's log found in the logs folder. Maybe there's something in it about it.

Also, if you have any anti virus software running, for a test please exclude EPD's folder from scans and extract EPD zip again. Maybe a .dll or something got deleted by the AV.

thx

/jmc

10. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

Here log

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
  11. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

Yes this is antivirus. Thanks!

jmcburn likes this.
  12. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

I'm having trouble uploading blueprints to prefabs and then finding them in the prefabs section in EPD, Since the last EPD update, I can't create new prefabs... For unknown reasons they aren't being recognized by EPD anymore, and idea how to fix this issue? It's halted my progression.

13. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Did you reimprt the blueprints in EPD after creating them?

Blueprints are only imported automatically on very first start of EPD. After that you need to reimport them via menu 'Tools->Reimprt Prefabs'.

If they are still not listed after that, please upload a blueprint that's not listed. Maybe there's a new blueprint version out with the new Attack/Defense values.

/jmc

14. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

I've imported and re-imported, still no luck, been doing the same routine for years and now it's not working with a few of them.

It may only be BP's that are without enough features, I'm literally uploading sections of BA's starting with only a few blocks and alien core with a generator a fuel tank.

15. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Are simple structures no longer supported?

16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That should not be an issue.

Reading of the blueprint format is a lot of trial and error with all the versions out there to get them working in EPD. There might be a few that EPD can't read (yet), but then I would need one of these blueprints to check/fix the issues during reading.

Please upload one or more blueprints here that are not working in EPD and I can check and try to fix the read algorithm.

/jmc

17. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

This is a really really simple BP I can't get to be recognized, it's just a core and some blocks mostly.

Attached Files:

18. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

I've done some testing, and other BP's are recognized and loaded up fine however.

19. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Mainly I'm noticing that more simple structures are excluded which can be an issue, because developers like me spawn the item and then work on it after, having these readable will help a lot. Thank you jmc.

20. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Basically, before it reaches "official" BA, CV, SV, HV status, it doesn't read it, but once a cockpit or enough functional blocks are added, it reads fine.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020