[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

There is a button to import my current live game position into the editor... was my favorite feature of all time. It doesn't appear to be working. Also, when I "live refresh" the game world, it doesn't re-draw fog and clouds, is that possible?, sry if I missed the memo. This thing is the cats arse! I use the SSG to visually edit my planet "structure" and export the properly formatted YAML. I use your tool to add all the important details. I have Empyrion running so I can refresh the game world and instantly see in-game, the changes that I make... just wonderful. Thank you for making this, you get a Paypal account yet?

and the ambient sound menu could use a "mute" option. If my planet doesn't have any life sounds, what would I choose?

Screenshot - 7_3_2018 , 6_06_10 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. remeey

remeey Commander

Hi there I know i've asked this before but did they change the way pois are spawned in space ? I can not get it to work now maybe someone who has can help me ?

Attached Files:

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Only works with EAC off did u try that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

Maybe a easy thing.
    But I do add POI and edit them to respawn ect.. but I do not find then on the moon i am edeting.
    Yes i click on USE random POI and Re...

But there is still no POI's on my moon.

Thanks for any help

5. remeey

remeey Commander

You have to add them to your playfield via the epd
    upload_2018-7-7_22-33-59.png

6. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

Hey , Yea i did this. I have also edit the regen time ect ect.

7. remeey

remeey Commander

OK, did you fill out the information in the blueprint it self by double clicking on it ?
    upload_2018-7-8_9-54-39.png

8. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

Is this photo inn game? I only use finish orginal blueprint in the playfield.yaml. no need to do edits inn game then?
    Working on a server. and is it things i need t olog on and play on the server to actully do?

Edit : I do also have problems with creatures. Its a size 4 planet. But I want it hard to live on.. So I did add a lot of spiders ect ect... I set them to spawn in the desert and many placses and a hight amount. But I do no find them.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  9. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

This is a example edit of a planet i have.
    I made lots of creatures on the planet. But me and a friend drive bike all around it but only find wormsdesert.

I did try add more and more.. but easy to see its not working.. I cant find any!
    See photo. https://i.imgur.com/exs30WC.png

What more do I need to do to get one planet full of bad stuff. I want it to be hard to get minerals on it.

10. remeey

remeey Commander

you have to set each biome you want things to spawn in .
    upload_2018-7-10_0-39-43.png

11. remeey

remeey Commander

Hey guys Im having an issue were my pois are not showing up on my playfields, I did a planet wipe cleared out the shared folder, reset the pois restarted the server and still the map marker will not show up.

Attached Files:

12. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

For the pois you want to add I think you have to assign them to group first, then assign in the .yaml the group name and the spawn probability etc.

13. remeey

remeey Commander

Oh Sorry I meant to say that my poi markers are not showing the pois are there and work fine , its just no one can see them on the map now for w/e reason the map icons stopped working on like 4 planets, all other planet map poi markers work as far as i know.

14. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

Yes I have add them. I have added vary vary much!! but when i log on I only find one creature and thats a desertworms.
    I added almost max and dont find any! how can I make a planet hard to stay on with lots of creatures when they do not spawn.

See photo here for my settings as a example.
    https://ibb.co/emUjRo

I need to find out of this.. I can edit my system if I cant edit the spawns.
    Thanks for any help

15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I think the spawn time i set to some hours after the player starts the game at least for starter planets. I do not know how or where you can aleter that, so you can test it immediately after you first visit the testing planet.

16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

The only thing that looks a bit strange and is EPD related, but still shouldn't have this effect, is the empty:

SpawnPOINearRange: [0, 0]

As there is no SpawnPOINear POI defined, this line shouldn't exist in the yaml. A cleaner bug, I guess.

Maybe try deleteing those lines manually for now and try again. Other than that i can only assume a game bug.

Let me know if that helped.

/jmc

17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure, there's still a max amount limit. In 7.x it was only 5 per creature type and biome, but I think they raised that in 8.x.

But still, try 5 as amount, and see, if they spawn then.

In 'SpawnZones' you can declare amounts of 200 or so with no problem, but in default creature setup, there's a limit as far as i know.

/jmc

18. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

The EPD say 0-300MAX. I used some hours on this playfield now.
    Anyway for me to upload it and make you can try edit it and then let me try ?

I have some one talk about level as well. But I want the planet to be hard to stay on. whatever level you have.

In the mean time I will try more.

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

You can upload it here renamed to txt. Then i can take a look, if I can find something. But no promises. :)

/jmc

20. Ken-Lurky

Ken-Lurky Lieutenant

I did just change the spawn rate to normal value like 5.
    I did change spawn location and spawn zone... Me and a friend is now driving motorbike around on the server 5min .. cant find any creature. day or night .

Thanks for your time!!! really!

EDIT:: Still work on this problem... and the hourse go by. cant make a playfield with lots of creatures... its really low to be honest

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018