[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

ahh you have to rename in savegame / playfields / planet / world.dat before you load savegame

2. Liang

Liang Captain

But im not loading a save game...I want to do this for a new single player random generated game. I am looking for a way to edit the stater planet file it uses so any new game I start will have the extra ores.

3. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

you spoiled my day with this Information :(

they have to break this barrier!

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I think I know, what's the issue.
    If you are working in default single player random game, you need to edit the playfield_debug.yaml found in TemperateStarter folder, then after you add the resource, go to the menu File and click 'Export playfield_static.yaml'.

Random scenario uses the playfield_static, not the playfield.yaml.

/jmc

5. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

i never worked with playfield_static.yaml, i Always changed my created savegame, because ist easier for me

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Well, I think they changed something anyway, as in 'Lava' planet texture slot 15 is RockLava, which should not work. At least not until 8.2.

Maybe we can use up to 16 slots now for ground. But that would be new. But the overall limit is still 16 texture slots per playfield.
    Sorry, not sure if this gets changed again.

/jmc

7. Liang

Liang Captain

Interesting. I have edited the playfield_static file, made the starter planet size 4, edited the names of the ores spawned and amounts and it did work for a new game but I will give your suggestion a try to see if it works.

8. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

jmcburn, i realy like to edit files manualy by Hand. but when i hit ingame on create any new Scenario game, what file a i have edit for customize, playfield_debug.yaml ?

i didnt figured out yet

9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

You can't edit the static file in EPD directly. Well you can open it, but if you click save, it will also save all the other playfield.yaml properties (although set to 0/null) and the game will (most likely) crash on load.

/jmc

10. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

jmc, the best should have no Limit for available texture, that would be the best for modder. ist a Limit enough when the game Producer uses only a certain amount but the customer can go higher

But now I have great interest to first use my own photo textures because you showed me that, should work to change the 12 + 4 textures right?

but the clients on the server do not download it or do they?

11. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Not sure I understand. :)

If you want to create your own scenario, it's best to copy 'Default Akua-Omicron', as it's mostly empty and a good starting point.
    If you use that scenario you will need to edit the 'playfield.yaml'.

playfield_debug is just a debug file created by the SSG (SolarSystemGenerator). BUt EPD can read/use it as well, as it's the same content as the playfield.yaml.

But scenarios only work with playfield.yaml. At least as far as i know.

If you want to create new randomized worlds for the default single player game (all the playfield templates in Content/Playfields). You need to edit playfield_dynamic.yaml and playfield_static.yaml.

/jmc

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry, you can't use your own textures in the game, only the ones listed in EPD are available in the game. :)

/jmc

13. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

ok i understand, i have to edit playfield_dynamic.yaml and playfield_static.yaml aswell.

i already created a own Scenario but i never changed something in playfield_dynamic.yaml and playfield_static.yaml, Instead I edited the playfield.yaml in savegame / templates afterwards

14. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

i can not replace the original textures? they should be saved somewhere

15. Liang

Liang Captain

Yes you can, and I did. I changed the second listing of PromethiumResource to CobaltResource and I changed the quantities of each type. I also changed all the AlienBug spawns to Pangolins, while increasing the amount of GolemsDesert spawns.

The key is to only edit the names of the items and quantity numbers you want changed. If you attempt to add any lines, it wont work. This is why I asked the questions I asked.

16. PAL

PAL Lieutenant

how we can extract this?

Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Bundles

17. Liang

Liang Captain

Thank you jmcburn, exporting to a new playfield_static worked! New game has the extra few ores in it I wanted.

jmcburn likes this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Better use the SSG instead.

19. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

U cant mess with that file. Game simply wont work anymore or EAC sees u as a cheater who hacked the game.

There is no way u can add own textures/music or what so ever.

Only own thing u can add is POIs/Planets/PDA that kind of stuff

Why?
    Because anything beyond those things isnt synced between client/server/other clients
    If one of those files is out of line. EAC will kick in and kick u. If u put EAC off.
    Well its still not synced and u wont be able to join anyway.

jmcburn likes this.
  20. Liang

Liang Captain

So, I have been messing around with this program a bit, very well made. I am wondering though, I have seen people talking about the planets they have and talk about "increasing" plant/food types and amounts and was wondering how that was done. I see nothing in this program about it and wonder if I am missing something.