[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.57.6)

CHANGES:

• Playfield tree: added ECF terrain files to playfield tree. Now you can just double click an ECF to open it directly in the TerrainEditor.
      upload_2018-9-8_17-39-5.png
    • Playfield tree: Deleting all backup files now also deletes EPDTerrainBackup_ ECF files.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/72ikss9n3abm0uh/EPD_v1576_public.zip?dl=0

/jmc

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    RexXxuS and Taelyn like this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.57.7)

CHANGES:

• Playfield tree: Now context menu also works on ECF files (open in text editor, open folder, delete.
    • Playfield tree: added warning message before actually deleting a file via context menu
    • Input fields: For the long text (two lined) input fields I reverted the textalignment from right to left. The rest is still right-aligned.
    • TerrainEditor: Introduced Offline/Online mode when working with terrain files. If you just open a terrain ECF file without a playfield (or the wrong/a different) loaded, terrain editor will show OFFLINE MODE in the bottom of main window to make sure you know that you're editing the linked/unlinked file.
      upload_2018-9-9_8-16-34.png upload_2018-9-9_8-16-58.png
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/siowvrrip9t3p4l/EPD_v1577_public.zip?dl=0

/jmc

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Sephrajin, RexXxuS and Taelyn like this.
  4. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

ok i not sure what i doing wrong but i seam break my server when editing the playfield with this so to clear things up i pull debug in to it edit it it saves as playfield.yaml now from there do i replace 1 of the others or just out right delete them ( playfield_static ,playfield_dynamic.yaml ,playfield_debug) or do i just change the name of the new saved playfield.yaml to 1 them and replace? this is for a muti player server any help be greatful i been at this over 2 weeks trying get server ready to go live

5. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Please zip the playfield folder and upload it here.

I'll try to check it out.

/jmc

6. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

8. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

my bad https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vic_urtcNCOJwC-0HEhq2W33kDKLcPKv this just that play field ...ya trying get its be serton things like NO CV SV and BAs just HV only and super hard on drones large and invader CVs potrols with that admin trade station to port in and out the planet and only PVE ...as now it spawns but there nothing there u see but in EAH i see the stuff on play field and i get warnning its at its max but we see nothing

9. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

also how do i change playfields like adding in POIs or a Planet with out having wipe the server each time to get all new data?

oo also Super thanks for help

10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ok that was a tough one. :D
    Took me three hours to check/fix this.

You changed so many things already and broke so much, it's most certainly easier to create a new playfield from scratch or redo the changes you want to have step by step.
    What I did:
    - I removed all the (broken) references in creature setup, that were still linked to the (now non-existent) POIs and resources that you deleted.
    - I removed alle the missing other references to POIs in SpawnZones/SpawnrateZones.
    - I reconfigured/set up the the DroneBase and the PlanetVesselBase correctly

'Object reference not set to an instance of object' means simply that it's trying to find an object (POI, ...) or a reference in the playfield to another object in the game. This was all related to the deleted stuff.

As it seems that you are new to playfield editing, I would highly suggest starting slow and to try making small changes one at a time (at best in a single player game).
    Only then try to set up a scenario planet by planet. Still testing in single player.
    After that copy that to your server, set up the game folder and change/setup the gameoptions to MP.

It took me months to beeing able to set up working playfields, and I still make many mistakes or run into errors that I can't fix without reloading a backup.

I created a test scenario with the fixed EPDTest playfield.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/egfvdxbnmm8fdup/EPDTestScenario.zip?dl=0

No creatures set up at the moment, but this will give you a fresh start.
    I set the playfield to only allow HVs

Hope this helps.

As far as i know, not possible, except maybe with EAH, but not sure. Maybe @Taelyn has an idea.

/jmc

11. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

Big help .not sure what u mean on other deleted stuff all i did was take the default Snow playfield and pulled it in to the EPD and deleted POIs and resources and set it to sizes 5 and Then added in new 1s i never touched the creature area at all and not sure what else to delete i thought if u hit delete in the EPD it deleted it lol did not relize i had go to another place to do something .. and last thing i did was un mark all but HVs on allow i did nothing else in the EPD i saved it and that was it ..was not alot changes so not sure what happen there or how

jmcburn likes this.
  12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Exactly. :D

You see, in the creatures setup, some of the POIs and resources you deleted were actually in use (referenced). If you delete something in the POIs or Resources list, you need to make sure that it's not used anywhere else in the playfield file anymore. So you have to edit/delete those references in other places in the playfield as well.

Take a look at the original Snow's Creatures setup and you will see that there are references to the POIs list and also to e.g. Neodymium. ;)

But you got me an idea, that I will check/warn about this in the future. :)

/jmc

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

oooo ok ya that makes since dam i feel stupid now ... all them issues what i should done just deleted all 3 them areas and did them fresh and i would had no issues dammit lol
    super thanks all help .. :) also u my know if say i edit a play field or add a poi to 1 how do i bring it into a current server game with out having to wipe the server and all start new ?

14. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

also a great thing u add on all fields would be copy and paste so that you bring over the values from 1 area to another so people have less mistakes..Say the want to add in certon node like iron they just copy past it from 1 to another playfield and same for all other creatures and POIs this also speed up the work over all just a idea but i would love have it lol

15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's working already. ;)
    That's basically how i tried and fixed your playfield.

- Open up two EPDs with the source playfield in one and the destination playfield in the other EPD
    - Select a POI or Resource,... in one EPD, or similar.
    - Hit Ctrl+C
    - In the other EPD, select ANY POI, Resource,... in the list, so that the list is 'selected' and EPD knows where you want to insert
    - Hit Ctrl+V

If it isn't obvious: You can only insert POIs into the POI list, Resources in the Resource list, ...

If in the second EPD the list you want to insert, is still empty, you need to add a dummy object first to that list, select that one, hit Ctrl+V. Then select and delete the dummy object.

/jmc

16. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

oo ya i mean in same EPD like a button ...ya that work though for now :) so what about >>> know if say i edit a play field or add a poi to 1 how do i bring it into a current server game with out having to wipe the server and all start new ?

17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Works also in same EPD, if you want to clone biomes, resources, POIs, Creatures...
    Select item in list, hit Ctrl+C, then immediately hit Ctrl+V -> it's cloned. :)
    Already quoted you on that topic. I don't know how to do this, but maybe Taelyn does (if even possible).

/jmc

18. Deathshades

Deathshades Lieutenant

o dam i seen few server do it where they add in a planet or take 1 away with having to wipe full server just restart does it ..that come in handy

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Adding or removing a planet works. At least as far as i remember. It's been two years since I shut down my server. :)
    Just add the planet template into your savegame's template folder.
    Then edit the sectors file in your savegame's Sector folder accordingly.
    Restart server.

But adding or removing a POI to a playfield still won't work without wiping (at least that one playfield).

/jmc

Deathshades likes this.
  20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

binhthuy71 and Deathshades like this.