Fixed Top speed issue [7071]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by krazzykid2006, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mode: All
    SERVER NAME: All
    SEED-ID: All
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Type:

Summary:
    Top speed issues.

Description: The game is calculating reachable top speed differently depending on if cruise control is active or not.
    I'm using the prefab 'Ascalon Cobalt Moon' SV in the video but it happens with most all vessels.

My forward max speed is displayed as 70 m/s, yet if I angle upwards without cruise active I suddenly can only travel at 48 m/s even though it still says 70 is the max.
    As soon as I activate cruise control it suddenly has no problem reaching the displayed 70 m/s. Deactivate it and it drops back to 48. Reactivate again and it can go 70 once again.

So either the game is not supplying the displayed thrust values when cruise is deactivated, or it suddenly has more thrust when cruise is active. Something is wrong here.
    I'm finding I always have to have cruise active when flying up in a planet in order to reach the displayed speeds, so I assume it's not applying the correct thrust values.

Steps to Reproduce: See video. Fly forwards while angled up with and without cruise control active.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2020
    Ephoie and Germanicus like this.
  2. If I then use that same exact prefab, and instead of angling upwards and pressing W, I instead level off and press space bar to fly up I see the same issue.
    Pressing space bar,
    Without cruise active - Lists max speed as 39 m/s yet can only reach a max of 25 m/s.
    With cruise active - Lists max speed as 39 m/s and can reach 39 m/s.

It's not supplying the correct thrust values with cruise deactivated. We are getting less thrust than we are supposed to. Same issue regardless of direction key pressed, it's not supplying the correct thrust.

3. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I am experiencing this too

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

I'm having a different issue, but I hope someone here can answer it, since my issue is mildly related to this thread.
    I'm unable to activate Cruise at all. Previously, the left Shift key was used to activate Cruise. Now, it seems to activate a sort of temporary “afterburner” boost instead. I have checked the controls and key bindings, and I don't see Cruise listed anywhere, only the “shift modifier” which activates the boost.
    Can someone tell me how to activate Cruise now?

Germanicus likes this.
  5. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

left control key now for cruise.

Ephoie, Travis9x and Germanicus like this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Fixed in A12.
    No ETA for the exact date of A12 release to EXP as of posting this.