Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDrifterX3

MDrifterX3 Ensign

Definitely. On a lighter note we have nearly the identical build :D Only difference being I have a MSI Z170A Tomahawk and a GTX 980. Otherwise I have the same SSD as well for my steam games :D and my 6700k is clocked to 4.7ghz :D

Frigidman and Aremes like this.
  2. Aremes

Aremes Ensign

Nice! I have not OC'd my Skylake yet, haven't had the need since that 980Ti is doing most of the work all the time. :D

Frigidman likes this.
  3. MDrifterX3

MDrifterX3 Ensign

Sooooo no help on this at all? That's dissapointing.

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah, seems like a stumper. I want to figure out how to make it not show up (without firewall hijinx), and you want it to show up (when nothing was done to hide it).

Only thing I could suggest is to make sure your firewall isnt bitbucketting IPs to Valve software tracker servers. If their servers are not getting the 'im alive' pings from your DS, then the DS wont show up in the server list. Only thing I can think of is somehow those servers are being blocked inadvertently in your setup (I doubt your ISP would be doing it ... ???).

Edit:
    The tracker server my EmpyrionDedicated.exe always remains connected too is:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  5. MDrifterX3

MDrifterX3 Ensign

My server isn't under a firewall, neither windows nor behind the router its on (soon to be a switch) so thats not the case. ISP definitely isn't blocking it, they don't block anything to my knowledge. how long is it supposed to take for the server to show on the serverlist? I'll try some other settings and play around with it a bit. I also have a DDNS address I can use, however since the direct connect doesn't allow the room in the box to type that I can't just use that for others I don't want to directly hand out my IP to. I triple checked my settings a moment ago and it is sold, so I'm not sure wtf is going on here.

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

For mine, it seemed to show up in the server list almost instantaneously when I would launch the DS bat (though I personally can never see my own DS in the list due to my somewhat gimped router not having loopback lol).

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Edit: Sorry I dont know what page you may have pasted your config, but what are you 'calling' the server in Srv_Name?

8. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

how do we setup the admin permissions the empty file of:

# Admin Configuration
    # This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions
    # and one with banned players.
    # 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at https://steamid.io/
    # 'Permission' is 1 for 'Moderator' and 2 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.
    # 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

does not give the formatting needed...

machine6fd likes this.
  9. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

So I have a couple questions I need help with. I know you all are playing but I hope someone gets back to me.

1. I set up a dedicated server with a custom name and password. The name showed up on the list, but it did not require the password to log onto it. Is there something in the new Yaml that I have to do to enable the password?

2. It did not give players a choice to start on a different planet it just dumped them on Omicron without any choice to go to Akua. Both planets are set True in the sectors Yaml. Is there some setting I missed here.

3. This is super important. How do I connect to my own Dedicated server when I can't find it on the list? Not sure why I can't see it even through my router when it's open and working *somewhat* for my friends. I'm sure someone else has encountered this at one point or another, I just need to know the workaround.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

10. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

Did you open all the ports for the server ie 30000 to 30004? If you open just 30000, the server can be accessed but it will not show up in the list.

11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Look for something called NAT Loopback in your router settings, enable it. If you do not have that setting (like my router lacks), then you personally will not be able to see yourself in the list, or connect to yourself using any domain or WAN ip. If you wish to connect to your own server within your local network, you will need to use the internal IP to do so (not the WAN ip).

It is fine for you to be connected locally, while your friends connect over the internet. You will all be in the same server... its just your paths are a bit different.

Patwar likes this.
  12. machine6fd

machine6fd Ensign

What is the format? i tried a few options and can not log in as GAMEMASTER

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Make sure to remove the "#" in front of the line with Srv_Password.

14. Mohag

Mohag Lieutenant

I can't get the application to run now. It looks like it opens... then it just does an instant close... any ideas? even if i don't make any edits to the dedicated.yaml file

EDIT using the graphic version

15. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

make sure your running the bat and not the application.

16. Mohag

Mohag Lieutenant

I am... i had no problems before the update... I used to have 2 saved games... i 'verified' my game and deleted all my old saves but I can't get dedi to run at all now. I'm using the EmpyrionDedicated.cmd file

17. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

remove your didcated.yml, let it generate a new one. maybe they made changes to the yml and its causing issues. I will check on mine.

Are you running the alpha pre-release?

18. Patwar

Patwar Commander

adminconfig.yaml working on Saves directory to be admin on server :

Code:
    ---
    # Admin Configuration

# This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions
    # and one with banned players.

# 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at https://steamid.io/
    # 'Permission' is 3 for 'GameMaster', 6 for 'Moderator' and 9 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.
    # 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:
    - Id: 999999999999
      Permission: 9

19. Mohag

Mohag Lieutenant

im running the alpha they just released. I deleted all those files and got new ones and still can't get it to run... Im going to try a different machine

EDIT ok same result on a different machine. It's never had dedi running. Guess i'll host a game and have my friends join it for now... they are getting impatient...

EDIT, Well I finally got it to run. Not sure what is going on... I'm just glad I can play now.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  20. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

1. Delete the “Games” and “Cache” folder in the "Saves" folder inside the installation folder of Empyrion: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival (if Steam is not installed to standard location, see:https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129)

2. "Verify integrity of game cache" via the Steam client: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

3. For dedicated server hosts: please note that we simplified the “dedicated.yaml” format - if you are using your own yaml file you must convert it to the new format

(you may also want to reset the controls: Options -> Controls -> "Reset to defaults")

make sure you modify the new config to match your old if saving your map.

Just tested and it starts and runs fine on mine dedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.