Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

later on tonight when everyone is off and i will let you all know if it works or not
    thanks

2. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

I have no brackets at the end and mine works fine.

3. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

thanks ill changer it then, i was using it because it is in the orginal that was there

4. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

Need to ask again. Can't get the password to work for the Dedicated server. Removing the # leads to the server crashing instantly, no matter how I format the line after. I am using Notepad++ there has got to be some simple trick I see people out there with servers up with passwords. Can someone please tell me exactly what you did, or post an example working Yaml? Thanks.

5. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

it doesnt take any commands
    i tried godmode says cant excutute
    how can i test it or what should i do to make this work
    i have the right steanm id

6. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

all you have to do is to remove the # and replace the password there with yours
    make sure server is off when you do it then restart

7. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

you should be doing the dedicated yaml

8. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

Doing the same thing I've done nearly a dozen times now seems to be working, I'm not sure why, and at the moment I don't care. It's up and has a password. Thanks for the help. Dev's you did a decent job but the new yaml is REAL twitchy.

9. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

Last question on Dedi's for awhile, To set all my playfields to pvp OFF, I need to do it in the content folder for each entry right, not the actual save folder for the Dedicated server?

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    No, you need to do it in the actual savegame of the server (as this is now the "active" directory)

11. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

In the Templates folder? Cause it's not in sectors that I can see. I did find an entry for it in Templates and Temperate *which I assume is Akua*.

12. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

I am not sure it is working
    maybe i am entering commands wrong. Sorry to bother you about tyhis. Can you give me an example of a command properly written so I can test it to see if it is working, where can I get a complete command list?

13. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

sorry to bother
    can i see how a comman is used to properly test it
    so far no results

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

We really need to adjust the sticky OP. The answer to most issues people are having getting a DS running now after editing the new yaml, is due to spacing. Seems silly huh? Who heard of code caring about the amount of whitespace? Hopefully Eleon take a look into it and make it not be so picky about an extra space somewhere.

---
    It is VERY important to note just how many spaces you use before and within a directive. The new yaml format is extremely unforgiving if you have an extra or missing space.

Use only four spaces before any directive.
    Use NO TABS, anywhere.
    Use a single space after the colon for a directive.
    ---

@Trokanis When you say you just removed the "#"... have you attempted to remove the space along with it? This is what is catching a lot of people now.

For example this is the original clean yaml: (and guys, please use the code /code tag to wrap your yamls in so it preserves spacing so we can see if you have a bad format)

Code:
    # Dedicated server settings
    # To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

ServerConfig:
        Srv_Port: 30000
        Srv_Name: My Server
        # Srv_Password: Abc
        # Srv_MaxPlayers: 8
        # Srv_ReservePlayfields: 2  # Idle playfield servers held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default = 1)

# Server description shown in Server Browser
        # max 127 chars: "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
        # Srv_Description: "Server info, can contain [b]bold[/b] text or a [u][url=empyriongame.com]link[/url][/u]."

# All playfield servers will be automatically stopped every <n> real time hours. Players will get some warning messages before
        # Srv_StopPeriod: 48

# Tel_Enabled: true   # Activate telnet server
        # Tel_Port: 30004
        # Tel_Pwd: Abc

# EACActive: false
        # SaveDirectory: Saves

GameConfig:
        GameName: New Game    # Determines name of the save game
        Mode: Survival        # Survival or Creative
        Seed: 2309115         # The seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world

# Note: All times are given in real time hours, 1h real time = approx. 24h in game
        DecayTime: 2          # Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited
        WipeTime: 0           # Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
        ProtectTime: 48       # Time during which structures are offline protected

MaxStructures: 64     # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 100, reduce on performance problems)
        AntiGriefDistance: 30 # PvE: distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built

This is the CORRECT format to enable a password:

Code:
    # To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

ServerConfig:
        Srv_Password: Abc
        # Srv_ReservePlayfields: 2  # Idle playfield servers held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default = 1)

<snip>

This will cause it to CRASH: (pay very close attention to the space before the password line)

Code:

ServerConfig:
         Srv_Password: Abc

<snip>

15. JeezonTorst

JeezonTorst Ensign

Does anyone have a server setup with Citadel Servers?

I had one up and running for the pre-alpha and have been having a lot of fun with the game over the past couple of months.

But now I have no idea how to update the server for the Alpha.

I've ran the steam update on the server, which wiped all the yaml files completely. I've tried copying the data from above into it and editing it so it matches the details for the server, but nothing seems to work.

I'm not amazingly IT literate so getting really frustrated that I can't seem to get it up and running, when I managed it before, it just worked on it's own.

I don't use the Telnet thing, just edit the yaml on the server itself through the functionality Citadel provides.

Don't really know where to start to be honest... going to keep working at it but I'm basically just mashing buttons and hoping for the best right now...

16. HyRu

HyRu Ensign

can some please post there actually file so I can use too see if I can get my server up

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You can get a server up using just the default file.

You will need to be more specific on why the default does not work for you... maybe an error log from the /Logs/ directory will shed some light? Hard to help, need more info.

Also, it is very important you do not copy/paste non-code wrapped configs from this forum. It will NOT be in the right format.

18. Shpiler

Shpiler Lieutenant

How many slots it's OK to have with 8-core 3.5Ghz AMD CPU? Assuming I have as much RAM as needed

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  19. HyRu

HyRu Ensign

its also going to all depend on your upload and dl speed on your internet speed

20. HyRu

HyRu Ensign

I can get there server up and running I can join from multiplayer on server setting it still says lan my it on same comp so I'm saying np there.
    but no matter what we change how we set it up no buddy can connect it says failed to connect I have the same ports being used has I so for my home se machine or mind crafter server. no there not running at all right now to no port conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.