Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan Winston

Stan Winston Ensign

Hi.

I´ve had the same problem. I set up a dedicated server on my pc and my friends can join the game but i get a "ConnectionFailed" message.
    After i changed the portforwarding to 26900:26902 (and in the dedicated.yaml to 26900) my game was shown in the serverlist 2* times. One normal online, one with (LAN) signature.

Now, i can only connect to my LAN game, but when my friends connect to the normal online game we´re all on the same game and can play together. Strange.

2. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

There are two steps that I've made to correct a similar prob. First, if the port of the game is gonna be 3 - so to speak - we should open from 2 till 4 - that worked for me. I was so into the instructions that Ive had forgot that. On other words, if you're setting the server in the port 26900 you should open the interval - 26899 till 26901 - you can keep it 26902 if u want.

Second, maybe you know that already and thats not your issue but Im gonna type anyway, so disconsider if you're sure it's not that: when connecting to your own server you need to use your local ip if you're attemping to connect in the same machine. You can check it accessing your command prompt - start/execute - search: cmd - type in <ipconfig> hit enter and use your IPv4 number + the port.

Stan Winston likes this.
  3. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

when connecting to your own server you need to use your local ip if you're attemping to connect in the same machine. You can check it accessing your command prompt - start/execute - search: cmd - type in <ipconfig> hit enter and use your IPv4 number + the port.

4. Negcon

Negcon Ensign

reset resources
    requirement:
    no bases in caves
    go to folder \Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\New Game\Playfields\Planet\Areas\ - pls, make a backup of the folder

delete all files with more than 10 digits in the folder AREAS
    Start Server

5. diamondjax

diamondjax Ensign

Okay so i start a server and i have a router and all but what i do is basically i have set the port on the server from 30000 to 30002 like it says and yet i never see it on the server lists.

6. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

My port forwarding is 30000-30002 UDP only, server is up and running fine.

ALEXFIRE likes this.
  7. Deor

Deor Ensign

OK, ive had my server up and running this morning and had a few people join me and play for a few hours.

Whats the recommended way to run this as a service on Server 2012? I need to be able to log off once everything is up and running!
    Usually i use a program called AlwaysUp, which works fine for Teamspeak3, Minecraft, Space Engineers and Ark. However when i try and start the Empyrion server via the 'EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd' everything crashes out as soon as i start it. I have tried running the service as the local SYSTEM account, as well as my admin user who can run the server via the GUI just fine.

Also, we really need to be able to create our own threads for asking questions and troubleshooting etc! These 3 threads are going to become impossible very soon.

8. Ghostalker

Ghostalker Ensign

Haven't had any luck running this on 2012R2, or 2012. Gave up and used a Win7 VM.... now it works fine.

9. Deor

Deor Ensign

Did some more playing around and found that EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd actually starts the server as a background process that runs after i log off my server. Now all running fine of 2012 R2.

Definitely needs some work, I've seen most of the issues that have already been mentioned, but its a great start!

We really need some controls over who can do what ASAP, pretty much everyone who has logged on to my server over the weekend seems to think its totally fine to come and take all your stuff. Very strange mentality! I've now had to password protect my server, as i can see more and more of the servers on the list have.

10. Nathan Acain

Nathan Acain Ensign

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or if this isnt where to post this but can you setup a dedicated server and use your old save game? or do you have to start anew?

11. Muffinman

Muffinman Commander

You might encounter problems if the number of playfields on the dedicated server is less than found in the old savegame.

Otherwise, set value for the GameName as the name of the save game and proper seed number and everything should work.

12. Neil

Neil Captain

If you are looking to update to 4.0 or higher then look at the text under the 3rd picture in the 4.0 announcement. It shows you how to import your saved games (single player, I presume).

If you are asking about pre 4.0 multiplayer games, I don't know.

13. Taerid

Taerid Lieutenant

I host my server on the pc that I also play on and a friend of mine can join it just fine with no problems. If I exit my game and play another online game my friend will instantly loose connection to my server. Is this because of a port conflict? wondering before I start messing around with port forwarding.

14. Lord Popo

Lord Popo Ensign

Hi I've recently found and am loving this game with some friends of mine. We've been playing on a singleplayer/multiplayer world I've been hosting when I'm logged into the map but we've recently learned that we can do a dedicated server so we are attempting to move out map over to the dedicated server. However everytime I start up the server and go to log in, it's telling me the planet we're on is not loaded? We'd really prefer not having to start over the map as we have two great bases on the two main planets and a ton of things made we don't want to remake. Thanks for any help!

Edit: Figured it out, was joining to fast after starting server. Gave it a minute and it loaded up the map just fine!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  15. Flanders107a

Flanders107a Ensign

Can anyone Help me. The New 4.1 server not running for me. It comes up EmpyrionDedicated.exe cant be found but its right there below it. Any reason gentlemen?

16. Lord Popo

Lord Popo Ensign

Sounds like a dumb question but as I have the game running off a spare pc I have and only accessible via teamviewer, would I just recopy the game files over to update the server or what do I do?

17. Neil

Neil Captain

Are you trying to update the program files on the server or the save files? I'd think if the program files you should be able to install Steam there and let it do the update. If the save files I'd think you can copy the save folder (specifically your game's directory). Otherwise, maybe just the entire "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" folder.

Of course, rename or backup anything that would be replaced :D

18. Lord Popo

Lord Popo Ensign

Yeah I just recopied the folder itself save for saves folder and now when I kill things the meat and such is already spoiled? Not sure if this a bug or not.

19. Neil

Neil Captain

I played single player and meat was OK. So, I don't know. Can you not install Steam on the server and let it do the update? In fact, doesn't Steam have to be running?

20. Lord Popo

Lord Popo Ensign

Not when you are running the dedicated server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.