Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

Sorry I was in the process of revising my post :p

Frigidman likes this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Doncha hate it when that happens ;)

dustinduse likes this.
  3. Necra

Necra Commander

Does empyrion keep their config files somewhere other then steamapps?
    I ask because I turned off my cloud, deleted local, doubled checked steamapps, reinstalled, and all my custom settings are still in place. If I have a bad or old config in there I am wondering if that is causing an issue.

Meanwhile I am installing dota now.
    But on my isp thats a 5 hour download.

4. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

Ouch!

Not that I know. But there are only like 2 settings Res and quality.. But my game never saves those values so....
    EDIT: Found config. But.... I mean you can uninstall and try deleting it if you really want to. Location is in Registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER / SOFTWARE / Eleon Game Studios / Empyrion Galactic Survival. Although the options there are very limited.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. Necra

Necra Commander

Not ready to edit the registry yet. I have a basic understanding of most things but 0 of the registry. I was curious if they had a file in appdata, some games like to hide files there to keep them from being moved or deleted.

6. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

They do not. This was the first place I checked before searching the forums here and finding that its all stored in the Registry. As long as you delete the Eleon folder after you uninstall the game then it will just replace it on install (first start most likely) as if it had never been installed before.. I am unsure what some of the settings are maybe Fridgidman can shine some light as he is one of the most knowledgeable people I have met on here.

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Ohhh, I dont touch registry unless I know what I'm doing. Which is rarely the case ;)

I'd not mess with it for EGS, as the devs keep changing things. Sometimes they wipe your keybinds, or add/remove settings, so messing with those outside the game could have undesirable outcomes. Plus I'm not seeing anything in the registry that would affect viewing servers list.

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Hmm, do you have Easy Anti Cheat enabled or disabled?
    Also is your steam account in good standing with VAC?

9. Necra

Necra Commander

Well except for l4d2 and saits row 3rd co op I have never even used mplayer in steam so im pretty sure im good with vac. I have had to pause my dota download, low bandwidth shared router. I will turn it back on over night and then be able to verify if its a steam issue.

I have used the server list before on empyrion but that was back in january.

10. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

Yes. But you can export a backup of this before deletion.. Then if something goes wrong delete new one and just open the reg backup and it will auto place it into the registry.

Edit: I deleted mine just as a test. After 1 launch I took a screenshot of the minimal options that seem to be required. but You are right I don't see anything pertaining to any kind of network configuration..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  11. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

You know you didnt have to download Dota. If you had L4d installed that would have worked to check if multiplayer worked. It is a source game.

12. Necra

Necra Commander

l4d2 is unimstalled atm and its a larger game. Havent played it in over a year. :(

13. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

As for your VAC standing you can check that in steam settings under account.. Fridgid mentioned checking. Honestly I have never had a bad standing so I am unsure as to what happens.

Side note. Completely forgot you can check server listings in steam. under the View tab at the top there is a servers option. that will list servers. DOH

Frigidman likes this.
  14. Necra

Necra Commander

Good news is, Im in good standing with vac, and I can see steam servers, bad news, dont stave together, empires, eternal, insurgency, No Empyrion.

15. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

Empyrion doesn't appear in that list. But I believe its the same master server that will give you empyrion servers as it should use the same server query method.

But.. you should see games like ARK and Garrys mod in that list. Thats what fills mine anyways.

16. Necra

Necra Commander

Actually come to think of it I dont.. and I only see 398 servers... I should see a lot more.

17. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

I see more then that for just Ark servers..... So some games are not being seen? Empyrion being 1 of them. Weird.

Steam Support has been great to me in the past. And if it truly is a issue between you and the various master servers then I believe they are better qualified to assist you. Go ahead and send them a ticket and make sure to explain everything we have learned so far. And when they get you fixed up you will let us know what it was right?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Correct, the server list as viewed directly from the steam library only shows servers for games you currently have (and empyrion is not listed, since you cannot join empyrion servers externally from outside the game exe).

Why you still don't get any servers inside the game is a boggling issue. I'm surprised Hummel hasn't popped in yet with some advice, maybe he isn't watching this thread?

If its a game glitch, they would definitely like to know.

19. Revan67

Revan67 Ensign

Hey guys, I just picked up the game yesterday and whenever I try to start the dedicated server I get the following error message [​IMG]

I am running it under Windows Server 2008

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Are you trying to run EmpyrionDedicated.cmd or EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd?
    Also, did you edit the dedicated.yaml yet? If so, you could paste it here within a CODE /CODE tag. (remove any passwords before doing so)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.