Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beastion01

Beastion01 Ensign

Hey Guys!

at first sorry vor my bad english.

Well i have created a dedicated Server on my root, always nice!

but i dont see when i craft anything the yellow duration timer to the Item.

Can anybody help me or say was it wrong?

EDIT: ohh i see there is not correctly syncronised, the itam was have long crafting time to close ready .. than beginn the timer ... was i the error?
    see you

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Huberto

Huberto Ensign

Warum ist es nicht möglich direkt über Hamachi einen Server zu machen. Ich möchte einfach nur Privat mit Freunden spielen! Oder gibt es in Zukunft eine Möglichkeit das man den Server direkt Ingame hosten kann? (Also wie 7 Days to Die zum Beispiel)

3. GoldenPSP

GoldenPSP Ensign

So I just bought this game and setup a dedicated server to play with friends. So far everything is going fine with only one exception. It seems like nobody can rename anything (bases, ships etc). If you Hit P and change the name, and hit enter it doesn't change the name. Not sure if it is a permission issue somewhere or a bug.

4. Westfic

Westfic Ensign

Just set up my dedicated. Everything is working great, shows up in the pub list and everything. Only problem is...the map markers aren't working. You can come across a base, but it doesn't show up as a marker on the map. No resource nodes are showing up either. What's going on here?

5. TakuNekoChan

TakuNekoChan Ensign

My server won't start with my own dedicated file, but I can't find an error. Plsss help

# Dedicated server settings
    # To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

ServerConfig:
    Srv_Port: 30000
    Srv_Name: My Server
    # Srv_Password: Abc
    # Srv_MaxPlayers: 8
    # Srv_ReservePlayfields: 1 # Idle playfield servers held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default = 1)

# Server description shown in Server Browser
    # max 127 chars: "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
    # Srv_Description: "Server info, can contain bold text or a link."

# All playfield servers will be automatically stopped every <n> real time hours. Players will get some warning messages before
    # Srv_StopPeriod: 48

# Tel_Enabled: true # Activate Telnet server
    # Tel_Port: 30004
    # Tel_Pwd: Abc

# EACActive: false # Activate Easy Anti Cheat (clients have to enable EAC via Options -> Misc to connect to a EAC protected server)
    # SaveDirectory: Saves

# Restrict allowed Blueprint size class: restricted types are not allowed to be produced or spawned
    # 1 = allow only small blueprints, ... , 5 = allow very large blueprints, 6 = no limits (default)
    MaxAllowedSizeClass: 6

# Restrict Blueprint types allowed for production in factory
    # None = Blueprint system completely disabled
    # StockOnly = only stock blueprints can be produced
    # All = all types allowed (default)
    AllowedBlueprints: All

GameConfig:
    GameName: NewGame # Determines name of the save game
    Mode: Survival # Survival or Creative
    Seed: 1975 # The seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world

# Note: All times are given in real time hours, 1h real time = approx. 24h in game
    DecayTime: 2 # Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    WipeTime: 0 # Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    ProtectTime: 48 # Time during which structures are offline protected

MaxStructures: 200 # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 255, reduce on performance problems)
    AntiGriefDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around ore deposits where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefOresDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    EnableTrading: GlobalVirtual # Enables a global virtual marketplace for player-to-player trading

# --- Difficulty settings ---
    # Notice: Changing some of the difficulty settings require to start a new game in order to take effect
    DiffEscapePodContent: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Determines the content of the Escape Pod when you crash land on the planet
    DiffPlayerProgression: Normal # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall player progression speed by earning more or less XP
    DiffAmountOfOre: Rich # Rich, Normal, Poor --- Influences the average amount of ore that a deposit contains
    DiffNumberOfDeposits: Plenty # Plenty, Normal, Few --- Influences the average number of deposits per planet
    DiffDroneBaseAttack: Off # Easy, Medium, Hard, Off --- Influences the difficulty of the drone base attacks (infinite waves, number of waves etc.)
    DiffDronePresence: Low # Low, Normal, High, Off --- Influences the overall number of drones that are present on a planet
    DiffEnemySpawnRate: Low # Low, Normal, High --- Influences the spawn rate of enemy NPCs on a planet
    DiffAttackStrength: Easy # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Influences the overall difficulty when attacking enemies
    DiffConstrCraftTime: Faster # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall craft speed of constructors
    DiffBpProdTime: Normal # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall production speed of the blueprint factory

I want to play with my best friend so baaad

6. Neil

Neil Captain

Anything in the log file?

7. TakuNekoChan

TakuNekoChan Ensign

This is in the Log:
    28-17:45:09.130 -LOG- Loading file 'C:/Users/Server/Empyrion/EmpyrionDedicated_Data/../meindedicated.yaml'
    28-17:45:09.201 -ERR- Error while reading server configuration from C:/Users/Server/Empyrion/EmpyrionDedicated_Data/../meindedicated.yaml
    28-17:45:09.201 -EXC- YamlDotNet.Core.SemanticErrorException: (Line: 54, Col: 6, Idx: 3175) - (Line: 54, Col: 6, Idx: 3175): While parsing a block mapping, did not find expected key.
    at YamlDotNet.Core.Parser.ParseBlockMappingKey (Boolean isFirst) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Core.Parser.StateMachine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Core.Parser.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader.Allow[Scalar] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Serialization.NodeDeserializers.ScalarNodeDeserializer.YamlDotNet.Serialization.INodeDeserializer.Deserialize (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, System.Func`3 nestedObjectDeserializer, System.Object& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue (YamlDotNet.Core.EventReader reader, System.Type expectedType, YamlDotNet.Serialization.Utilities.SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    28-17:45:09.207 -LOG- Make sure your config file is updated to the current server version - Startup aborted!
    28-17:45:09.895 -LOG- Game dat not found, creating new one

I just wanted to play with my best friend with easy and plenty ore and a few enemies on a map with two titan ships.

8. Neil

Neil Captain

I see this:

Make sure your config file is updated to the current server version - Startup aborted!

Anyone know a good way to make check this and fix it? I don't do servers so not sue I can help.

9. slarti42

slarti42 Ensign

I just followed the instructions on the Wiki to host a dedicated server on the same computer that I'm playing on.
    However, now when I try to start the server with either the GUI or non-GUI version it fails to load. The command line interface appears with the message ending in "press any key to continue" but the server itself doesn't start running. I've verify that its not running by checking Task Manager for the process. Also there is nothing at all in the logs.
    Any ideas?

10. vigoroussoul

vigoroussoul Ensign

so your meindedicated.yaml should be dedicated.yaml , line 54 there is a error on that line follow the line error to fined the right file, hence it called the line by the looks of it your server is outdated and when it tryed to install new game it failed as files unknown try to reinstall server as updating it will not work as you have errors on files then drag over you save file after that make sure your sector file is the same from the content and save

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. Neil

Neil Captain

What I'd probably do is copy the current Empyrion directory, and then uninstall the game and re-install. Then modify again the dedicated.yaml file. If the game then comes up you can remove the old directory. (I always like to keep a backup in case things go bad or I want to examine an old file, the dedicated.yaml in this case, to see how I wanted things set up.)

12. rewt

rewt Lieutenant

13. Nachti

Nachti Ensign

Aloha,

were running a dedicated server at g-portal.com (therefore at gamerzhost.de). We had nearly no problems in the past...untill now. Any orbital playfield (only the orbits, no planets) resets after serverrestart without any reason. So anyone that left its ships or build a base in these sectors will loose anything except his character (and its character-inventory).

Is there somebody with the same problems? Or has someone an idea what could be wrong?

14. raymondbh

raymondbh Ensign

I am no longer able to connect to my Dedicated Server. Did a new clean install after the alpha 4.0.2, but nothing. The server seems fine, but it does not show up on the list on the client, and I cannot connect directly (ConnectionFailed).
    I run it with no Graphics, can this be a issue?

15. UE30Oli

UE30Oli Lieutenant

I had the same problem, after i didt new firewall settings on my server it was all good. i just added the exe from empyrion to the firewall.

16. raymondbh

raymondbh Ensign

I have edited the windows firewall, still no luck :(

17. Bonee

Bonee Ensign

Trying to set up a dedicated server but having connection issues. Here is the setup: Running the dedicated server on it's own pc in my house installed using Steamcmd. After setting it up and forwarding the ports 30000-30004 both TCP and UDP the server shows in the list, but if you try to connect to it it will try to connect but then fail with a ConnectionFailed error. Server is set to the default port of 30000

If I try to direct connect using the external IP address I get the same result. However, if I try to direct connect using the internal IP I can connect and play without issue. Both gaming computers in my house are unable to connect normally but can connect using direct internal IP

I don't see this as a firewall issue since connecting via internal IP still must pass through the Windows firewall, however I did try turning it off with no joy.

This sounds like a port forwarding issue to me, however Simple Port Tester reports all of the ports in the 30000 - 30004 range are open to both TCP and UDP (I also opened 26900-26904 to test that but no change) . I have even put the server box in the router's DMZ but no change.

Also on the same computer that this server is installed on I have Ark Survival, Space Engineers and 7 Days to Die all set up and working flawlessly (not all running at the same time of course!) It's not a game breaker for me as it is only the wife and I that play anyway. However would like to get it working at some point in the event that I open the server to the public.

TL/DR set up server, can connect using internal IP but not external IP, port scanner says proper ports are open, other server kits work fine on same server box, even tried turning it off and then back on again ;)

18. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

Did you make sure the steam ports, UDP 27015 through 27030; TCP 27015 through 27030 are open as well? Ran into that causing issues before.

19. Bonee

Bonee Ensign

27015 and 27016 are open as they are requirements for my other servers as well.

Would be nice to see a post from the devs regarding 'exactly' what ports are required for the game to operate. The official server setup page seems old and outdated. Also I get different reports of which ports are required depending on where you look.

Will look further into Steam ports when I get the chance...it just strikes me as odd that every other server kit seems to run without issue.
    Thanks for the response!

20. swhostettler

swhostettler Commander

I have edited and changed the names of the files in the cmd and Yaml files and then tried starting the server with the empyrion server icon and got the below screen. I have also tried starting it by double clicking the CMD application in the folder but when I go to the multiplayer function of the game, I do not see my server nor does typing in the 127.0.0.1 IP allow me to connect. I have also tried using the IP of my switch and of the IP/port to computer the server is supposedly running on.

Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

@echo off
    EmpyrionLauncher -startDediWithGfx -dedicated Gor.yaml
    echo.
    echo IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    echo Do not use this batch file (i.e. graphics version) if you connect
    echo via a Remote Desktop connection to the Dedicated Server.
    echo This can lead to output log spamming and thus bad performance
    echo (severe lags, etc.).
    pause

# Dedicated server settings
    # To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

ServerConfig:
    Srv_Port: 30000
    Srv_Name: GorServer
    # Srv_Password: *********
    # Srv_MaxPlayers: 4
    Srv_ReservePlayfields: 2 # Idle playfield servers held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default = 1)

# Server description shown in Server Browser
    # max 127 chars: "Testing Testing Testing"
    # Srv_Description: "Server info, can contain bold text or a link."

# All playfield servers will be automatically stopped every <n> real time hours. Players will get some warning messages before
    # Srv_StopPeriod: 48

Tel_Enabled: true # Activate Telnet server
    Tel_Port: 30004
    Tel_Pwd: **************

# EACActive: false # Activate Easy Anti Cheat (clients have to enable EAC via Options -> Misc to connect to a EAC protected server)
    # SaveDirectory: Saves

# Restrict allowed Blueprint size class: restricted types are not allowed to be produced or spawned
    # 1 = allow only small blueprints, ... , 5 = allow very large blueprints, 6 = no limits (default)
    MaxAllowedSizeClass: 6

# Restrict Blueprint types allowed for production in factory
    # None = Blueprint system completely disabled
    # StockOnly = only stock blueprints can be produced
    # All = all types allowed (default)
    AllowedBlueprints: All

GameConfig:
    GameName: GorServer # Determines name of the save game
    Mode: Survival # Survival or Creative
    Seed: 348296 # The seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world

# Note: All times are given in real time hours, 1h real time = approximately 24h in game (Important: Timer counts down as long as the dedicated process is active - deactivated playfields do not stop the timer)
    DecayTime: 0 # Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    WipeTime: 0 # Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
    ProtectTime: 120 # Time during which structures are offline protected

MaxStructures: 200 # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 255, reduce on performance problems)
    AntiGriefDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 30 # Distance (in m) around ore deposits where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefOresDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    EnableTrading: GlobalVirtual # Enables a global virtual marketplace for player-to-player trading
    EnableMaxBlockCount: True # Enable or disable the max counting of blocks

# --- Difficulty settings ---
    # Notice: Changing some of the difficulty settings require to start a new game in order to take effect
    DiffEscapePodContent: Easy # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Determines the content of the Escape Pod when you crash land on the planet
    DiffPlayerProgression: Faster # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall player progression speed by earning more or less XP
    DiffAmountOfOre: Rich # Rich, Normal, Poor --- Influences the average amount of ore that a deposit contains
    DiffNumberOfDeposits: Plenty # Plenty, Normal, Few --- Influences the average number of deposits per planet
    DiffDroneBaseAttack: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard, Off --- Influences the difficulty of the drone base attacks (infinite waves, number of waves etc.)
    DiffDronePresence: Normal # Low, Normal, High, Off --- Influences the overall number of drones that are present on a planet
    DiffEnemySpawnRate: Normal # Low, Normal, High --- Influences the spawn rate of enemy NPCs on a planet
    DiffAttackStrength: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Influences the overall difficulty when attacking enemies
    DiffConstrCraftTime: Faster # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall craft speed of constructors
    DiffBpProdTime: Faster # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall production speed of the blueprint factory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.